Which Soy Sauce?

The Gentleman Scamp

Where in the U.K. can I buy the same quality and taste of soy sauce that I would find at a Bangkok branch of Fuji, Oishi or inside a sachet in a pack of supermarket sushimi?

There are several brands in the local Tesco's and Co-op, Amoy, Sharwoods etc... but I don't want to buy them all simply to find out which is the closest match.

I am currently in the highlands of Scotland preparing to eat a whole raw salmon with wasabi and some very high quality soy, just like I said I was going to do.

If anyone knows where I can get wasabi in Fraserbough then that would help my cause also. :o

You wrote, "Where in the U.K. can I buy the same quality and taste of soy sauce that I would find at a Bangkok branch of Fuji, Oishi or inside a sachet in a pack of supermarket sushimi?"

My answer, "You can not get things in the UK to taste the way they do in Thailand."

The reason, "You are in a completely different environment so you will experience everything differently."

Suggestion, "Buy one small bottle of every brand available. Buy one each of every salmon available. Try every soy sauce with every salmon. Do this weekly since the soy sauce will age with time and develop a richer flavor."

Analysis, "Rate each combination of salmon and soy sauce on a scale from 3 to 9. Record the results in a ledger book. Burn it."

I am currently in the highlands of Scotland preparing to eat a whole raw salmon with wasabi and some very high quality soy, just like I said I was going to do.

Remember to take out the venom glands, because if you eat them, you puff up and die within 24 hours.

Salmon from fish farms don't have them thanks to selective breeding, but wild salmon do.

Kikkamon is a premium japanese brand that is very similar

And it is the natural fermeted soy sauce not the chemically made type...this means that if you keep it for awhile it will age well and develop a richer flavor....definitely Kikoman....definitely.....

Wow! I think that;s the first time that someone on this forum has agreed with me!

Kikkamon is a premium japanese brand that is very similar

And it is the natural fermeted soy sauce not the chemically made type...this means that if you keep it for awhile it will age well and develop a richer flavor....definitely Kikoman....definitely.....

Wow! I think that;s the first time that someone on this forum has agreed with me!

You are obviously a man of good taste and manner!!! I was going to mention Kikoman in my first post way up there but from his description it sounded as if he liked the artificial stuff since thats mostly what you get in those packets.