Money For Entry

I've got just about everything sorted for my gf to come to UK but I've just had a thought. When we applied for tourist visa we said I had sent her money for her trip although I would be providing for her and will be meeting her at the airport. I will probably get her to bring some but I'm not sure how much she would need. There doesn't seem to be an amount unlike Thailand where it is 10,000 THB even though I've never had this much in cash and never been asked.I was wondering if anyone has experience of this. She will of course have her return ticket and she'll be here for 2 weeks.

Edited by kimamey

Having satisfied the ECO that she can be adequately maintained and accommodated in the UK in order to get the visa, there is no need to do so again at immigration when entering the UK.

The only time a visitor entering the UK would need to show funds was if they only had a single ticket and needed to show they had the funds to buy a return or onward ticket.

Thanks for that. I've made sure she has a debit card in case she needs money at Abu Dhabi airport in the event her plane is delayed but I wasn't thinking of problems at Heathrow as once she's there I can look after her but I thought immigration wouldn't know that for sure. Another load off my mind. It's bad enough organising and taking international travel yourself. Organising it for someone else when you won't be with them and their only foreign travel was a few hours to a temple in Burma and a couple of trips to Laos is a nightmare. Fortunately her English isn't too bad.

Up until today my only other worry was red shirt protesters thinking "Occupying the airport worked for the yellows why don't we try that?" Although when the protest started I assumed it would all be over by now. I now find out that some unpronounceable volcano in Iceland can close the entire airspace of the UK and much of Europe.

Oh well thanks again.