Do Thai Men Pay Sinsot For Farang Wife?

Livinginexile

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ another prime example of utter <deleted>. :)

Sadly many of the disillusioned seem to hold onto some idiotic concept that all Thai men are financially less well off than westerners.

aussiebebe, it might be more useful if you check out some of the other sin-sot threads, as this one is about Thai men offering a sin-sot for farang women.

^ another prime example of utter <deleted>. :)

Sadly many of the disillusioned seem to hold onto some idiotic concept that all Thai men are financially less well off than westerners.

aussiebebe, it might be more useful if you check out some of the other sin-sot threads, as this one is about Thai men offering a sin-sot for farang women.

Dillusioned > No

Realist> Yes.

Just go and look at working wages in Thailand and you will see that even a realitively modest

earning western lady will be better off finacially than 90+% of Thai men.

I never said that all Thai men are finacially less well off than westerners, you did. Generally speaking

Thai guys earning money that is equal with western standards will not be interested at all in a western

woman (know there are some cases). Why not? Because he will have millions of hot little Thai women

all willing to enter a realtionship with him.

Sorry girls but I actually had a couple Thai male friends who actively seeked out western women

looking for a pay day, all with Thai girlfriends or wifes.

Edited by freethefour

Kinda funny then that the Farang women i know are equally matched to the Thai men they are in relationships with.

Sure in beach towns with beach boys, flings, etc, its a different situation. But you will find that most women looking for a serious relationship will enter into a relationship with someone of equal standing.

Then again, maybe you know much more women in relationships with Thai men than i do, and maybe the majority of women involved in relationships (including myself) with Thai men are just telling lies.

Its also very telling that you presume a Thai man would go for a Thai women over a farang woman.

Regardless, no need to apologise, im very happy.

Not all Thai men with farang ladies are in it for the money. Some of them actually prefer them to thai women. First, they have beautiful white skin. Something all Thai Ladies want, and Thai men like. But lets face it. It doesnt matter how much whitening cream they use they will never look like us. Second, they are way less possessive. I know some farang men who would definately agree. Third, they do not clean them dry of every penny they make. Most farang ladies I know want to make their own living.

Also, not all thai men with farang live off of their lady. Some of them do have money of their own.

As for the sinsod question, which is really what this thread is about, yes some do pay it. But as mentioned numerous times before most western women will not accept it. But I guess it depends on the situation.

My boyfriend (thai) has spoken of it a few times and I laugh at him. But he insists that he has to or it is no good for his family. They don't want people to think he is with me for money. But his family has more than enough to go around. But I doubt if that day ever comes my parents will not accept it, or will for his family's sake but will most definately give it back later.

Always someone who knows, eh? Never mind ladies, these kinds of guys already have their minds made up based on their own prejudices and ignorance. Best to save your breath for something more useful. Like cooling your porridge :)

Always someone who knows, eh? Never mind ladies, these kinds of guys already have their minds made up based on their own prejudices and ignorance. Best to save your breath for something more useful. Like cooling your porridge :)

Bashing farang men again are we? :D

Anyways SBK, did your hubby roll out the dosh when you two got married?

SBK might accuse me that i'm hijacking this thread but i can't help it and add my personal interpretation on thai dowry:

first the man commits a sin and later the poor sod is sad because he has to pay. conclusion: the correct romanised expression is sin-sod-sad :)

no bashing, just don't think much of people who speak out of ignorance james. :D

And nope, we didn't have a wedding so no sin sod, as said previously in the thread had you scrolled back pages and pages to find it. No wedding, no sin sod. I couldn't face the 1000++ people that were to attend the wedding (my husband has 41 first cousins, god knows how many second cousins etc--do the math- too huge for me).

I was given gold jewelry by my FIL however as "no daughter-in-law of mine is going to walk around without gold".

Oh but wait, that couldn't have possibly happened, I must have dreamed it. Coz no Thai man has money enough for that! :D

Always someone who knows, eh? Never mind ladies, these kinds of guys already have their minds made up based on their own prejudices and ignorance. Best to save your breath for something more useful. Like cooling your porridge :D

no bashing, just don't think much of people who speak out of ignorance james. :D

And nope, we didn't have a wedding so no sin sod, as said previously in the thread had you scrolled back pages and pages to find it. No wedding, no sin sod. I couldn't face the 1000++ people that were to attend the wedding (my husband has 41 first cousins, god knows how many second cousins etc--do the math- too huge for me). I was given gold jewelry by my FIL however as "no daughter-in-law of mine is going to walk around without gold".

Oh but wait, that couldn't have possibly happened, I must have dreamed it. Coz no Thai man has money enough for that! :D

Anybody else counting - this thread has attracted more red and blue people's than I have ever seen on TV.

Back on topic, so what you are saying SBK, is you married up? :)

I know of a few (thai) guys who paid sin sod to their wife one even took a loan for it and is utterly miserable with his Thai wife who turned out to be a complete control freak. (true story)

So it does happen, and its up to the two people who are involved.

Note to mods:

There is some western male bashing going on in this thread why cant it be dealt with just like they do with western female bashing :)

I know of a few (thai) guys who paid sin sod to their wife one even took a loan for it and is utterly miserable with his Thai wife who turned out to be a complete control freak. (true story)

Note to mods:

There is some western male bashing going on in this thread why cant it be dealt with just like they do with western female bashing :)

robblok, you are talking about a Thai guy paying sin-sot for a Thai woman though, right? Not what the thread is about. (Not dissing your comment though, dont want to get accused of western male bashing. lol. Actually dont see any male bashing going on from the women here. Maybe im biased? Or maybe the men are being too sensitive?)

What does red and blue people mean? :D

You can be red and blue from the cold.. but seeing we are in Thailand that is not really an viable explanation.. so i would really not know Eek.

Haha..cheers. Glad to know im not the only one without a clue on that. Was waiting for a barrage of "omg you dont know what red and blue means? Where have you been!" :)

Always someone who knows, eh? Never mind ladies, these kinds of guys already have their minds made up based on their own prejudices and ignorance. Best to save your breath for something more useful. Like cooling your porridge :D

And nope, we didn't have a wedding so no sin sod, as said previously in the thread had you scrolled back pages and pages to find it. No wedding, no sin sod. I couldn't face the 1000++ people that were to attend the wedding (my husband has 41 first cousins, god knows how many second cousins etc--do the math- too huge for me). I was given gold jewelry by my FIL however as "no daughter-in-law of mine is going to walk around without gold".

Anybody else counting - this thread has attracted more red and blue people's than I have ever seen on TV.

Back on topic, so what you are saying SBK, is you married up? :)

Absolutely. :D

Note to mods:

There is some western male bashing going on in this thread why cant it be dealt with just like they do with western female bashing :D

robblok, you are talking about a Thai guy paying sin-sot for a Thai woman though, right? Not what the thread is about. (Not dissing your comment though, dont want to get accused of western male bashing. lol. Actually dont see any male bashing going on from the women here. Maybe im biased? Or maybe the men are being too sensitive?)

Good one Eek.... i like your style fun to see the shoe on the other foot.

You are right anyway i was wrong did not read the thread good. I would imagine that Thai guys who take a western wife won't pay sin sod but get a medal for bravery instead. :)

Overly sensitive, eh James? I've gone through this thread (albeit rapidly) and didn't see much in the way of farang male bashing. At least not in near the same magnitude as what farang women/Thai women/Thai men typically get. Wish the TV membership can take as much as they dish out.

Overly sensitive, eh James? I've gone through this thread (albeit rapidly) and didn't see much in the way of farang male bashing. At least not in near the same magnitude as what farang women/Thai women/Thai men typically get. Wish the TV membership can take as much as they dish out.

I see you are following me closely there Berk. That being the case I will tell you where I am heading next.

Family and Children, Football, Western Food, Farang Pub, back to General, over to Bangkok, then finishing up with Bedlam.

With regards to your point above, it's a long long story and hence the :D to one whip brandishing Admin.

Jamie doesn't offend me. Much to his chagrin. :)

Who was trying to offend? I thought it was a compliment.

Oh well you what they say, "You can lead a bull to the china shop, but you can't make him pay for the whole wedding + sin sot."

Interesting question. My wild guess would be no, because the bride's family wouldn't be expecting it. I think some families would even be insulted by it, unless it was presented as helping to pay for the wedding. But, I would love to hear from people who have firsthand experience or knowledge. :D

No sin sod but Farang wives are HIGH maintenance.You pay one way or another,but you pay. :):D:D:D

I see you are following me closely there Berk. That being the case I will tell you where I am heading next.

Family and Children, Football, Western Food, Farang Pub, back to General, over to Bangkok, then finishing up with Bedlam.

With regards to your point above, it's a long long story and hence the :D to one whip brandishing Admin.

Hey James, not following you around, but you seem to be showing up where I show up. Anyways, I just call em as I see em throughout any given day (if I'm inclined to be surfing). I guess you're just lucky... :D

Hey James, not following you around, but you seem to be showing up where I show up. Anyways, I just call em as I see em throughout any given day (if I'm inclined to be surfing). I guess you're just lucky... :D

Great, remind me tomorrow to not be so lucky :)

Think I will keep away from this "ladies in thailand section." It must

be the only topic forum I have not learnt something from.

The only thing I will agree with is in another thread in this ladies

forum was that western women in Thailand do behave themselves

and conduct themselves so much better than western males do

while in Thailand.

Good luck ladies with your Thai partners, hope it works out for you

all. Just be careful and get the heck out of Thailand if you really piss

him off.