Are Gogo Boys Tested ?

cyrilmadrid

Who knows...?

Maybe they are maybe not...or tested a while ago. If you're into one of them better don't take the risk.

A gay friend of mine who took me to one of the GoGo dancing shows in Pattaya's Boyz Town once told me that quite a few of them are actually normal (bisexual) married chaps...

For what it's worth.

LaoPo

HIV is not transmitted by promiscuity or money, it is spread by unprotected sex acts. Everyone and anyone is potentially pos (and many don't know it and many who do won't tell you) so act accordingly. In other words, grow up.

Edited by Jingthing

HIV is not transmitted by promiscuity or money, it is spread by unprotected sex acts. Everyone and anyone is potentially pos (and many don't know it and many who do won't tell you) so act accordingly. In other words, grow up.

Exactly. It's your own responsibility to protect yourself.

quite a few of them are actually normal (bisexual) married chaps...

For what it's worth.

In Chiang Mai around 90% are straight, and mainly Tai Yai illegals from Myanmar. Most of these guys wouldn't engage in any kind of risky gay sexual practices with other men and safe sex is seen as essential on a professional date. However, when sleeping around with girls, or their girlfriends/wives, who often work in the karoke business :D , safe sex is quickly forgoten. I mean the proliferation of young Shan offspring running around Chang Puek must have come from somewhere, right? :)

Abuse of the "crazy drug" among Tai Yai hustlers in CM is rampant, whilst testing for HIV maybe available most of them are petrified about being tested for other stuff too......... And when the chemical balance of the brain is disturbed people's inhibitions drop and they do things, and take risks they wouldn't otherwise.

So we have risk factors and aversion to testing combined. "Up to you"! :D

In Pattaya it's a sad fact of life that most bar owners hand out condoms and lube to their staff, but many boys either don't know how or don't care whether they use them or not.

Thais4Life also does an excellent job - but younger Thai guys only seem to think about NOW. Tomorrow - we will worry about that when it comes.

Peter

no. it's up for the boys to declare themselves & if they get tested on the occasional free checks in the area but they will risk losing their job.

i had a boy from X-Boy stayed with me for 2 months. he claim to be on medication for thalassemia which later when he moved out - he left the box of the medicine in my apartment, i read up and it's actually a medication for HIV. luckily i had only done it once with him under full safety.

Thanks for your reply.

I've never been with any of them, and of course who be as safe as possible, but the other day, I just went to see the show and one wanted to speak to me (I didn't) and it crossed my mind. But from what you say, doesn't seem a great idea, because even if condom can protect against HIV, it won't protect from the rest...

I just thought that maybe these places had a policy of testing them for a wide range of stuff but doesn't seem to be the case.

So maybe best to keep watching the shows hehe.

Nail on head, anyone who has unprotected sex takes a risk, anyone with brain takes precautions, "rubbers up".

Edited by MB1

I can say that I've NEVER met any Thai boy that would engage in unsafe sex.

I think they are very aware and they act accordingly; good for them.

[/quote

You must be joking! Prevention is part of my job here in Thailand and I have to deal with both male and female sex workers. I can tell you that a lot of them, more than half of them know about AIDS but still have unsafe sex. It is not their personal choice but often their farang customers' and they don't mind.

Don't assert that all Thai boys have safe sex. Have you ever been to Wat Prabat Nampu Temple? A lot of the patients there were sex workers and are now sick with HIV. Be realistic, Thailand has with some other Asian countries one of the highest rate of people with HIV,

Since money for formerly widespread government outreach programmes re. STD's (especially HIV) dried up- even though they were spectacularly successful, or perhaps *because* they were successful (and so 'didn't need to be continued,' perhaps, from a short-range bureaucrat's perspective): the incidence of unsafe behaviour and STD infection has been rising. I can attest to this both from Thai acquaintances and from observing behaviours, um, in the field.

Perhaps one of the few positive side effects of the tourist scene is that the professionals, semi-professionals, and pseudo-professionals in attendance on that scene have apparently been getting the right kind of information. That is not the overall situation among gay men in Thailand, unfortunately.

I find it difficult to understand why farangs would get a gogoboy for the night when a lot of hot regular Thai guys are around! I believe most of them do get tested but still I wouldn't risk it. Have only been to a go go bar in Bangkok once (it was an eye opener) but it was just for fun of it. I'd be better of having a date later with my hand!

Who knows...?

Maybe they are maybe not...or tested a while ago. If you're into one of them better don't take the risk.

A gay friend of mine who took me to one of the GoGo dancing shows in Pattaya's Boyz Town once told me that quite a few of them are actually normal (bisexual) married chaps...

For what it's worth.

LaoPo

a friend of mine huh :)

I think only about 25% of boys insist on condoms too. (sample size over 1000....)

and the source of this statistic is ...?

I have never met any boy in Bangkok who did not insist on condoms being used for anal sex.

I find it difficult to understand why farangs would get a gogoboy for the night when a lot of hot regular Thai guys are around! I believe most of them do get tested but still I wouldn't risk it. Have only been to a go go bar in Bangkok once (it was an eye opener) but it was just for fun of it. I'd be better of having a date later with my hand!

Most Thai's wow ok in a Go-Go bar are from upcountry and a majority of them want to start a family. The do get tests often so they won't pass what ever STD they get from some farang who tells them. "I'm safe, I've been, tested". For what, being drunk, or wanting to get laid without even the slightest respect for Asian culture.

Most Thai's wow ok in a Go-Go bar are from upcountry and a majority of them want to start a family. The do get tests often so they won't pass what ever STD they get from some farang who tells them. "I'm safe, I've been, tested". For what, being drunk, or wanting to get laid without even the slightest respect for Asian culture.

So what is the SOP if you respect Asian culture? And is it different Than Thai culture? Australia is in Asia isn't it?

That's ridiculous. Yes, many bisexual men pass STDs to their female partners. That is very common. Are you suggesting this doesn't happen? Oy vey.