Thai Red-Shirts Leaders Will Surrender To Police May 15: Nattawut

webfact

Yes hello police - I just knocked off a couple 7-11's and shot a few people so yeah I should turn myself in but maybe next month eh? got some things I need to do first is that a problem for you? ok see ya next month. :)

Amazing the balls on these guys!

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STILL the same same story behind the current event.

There are LOTs of crocodiles in Thailand to go around. Some BIGGER than others. The news for the next 100 years? Just look at the last 80! These guys can do the time, others can do the crime.

Until someone comes up with a Plan for draining the swamp that includes all of the factors and elements of The Joseph Solution, today's news will be tommorow's news for anon.

When all of the pigs see that the trough is getting smaller from all of the damage to the economy, the dons might call a truce and divide up the corruption amongst themselves. Gang land treaty!

Maybe they can use the movie "The Godfather" as template for their criminal control. I'm talking reds AND yellows! and others!

Unless you're prepared to post a link describing your "Joseph Solution", you might as well substitute the words "green eggs and ham".

I read this stuff and just shake my head in disbelief, like millions of others inside and outside Thailand.

Was this farce written by Gilbert & Sullivan?

Is there any other country with a police force so incompetent, lazy & corrupt? :)

Now, what is a "pink shirts "???

a Pink is a thai person who were not red or yellow issued from medium/low to medium.high class witch is pissed off by this mess. BUT a large part of them, we will have to accept it, were yellow.

As they are pink they are not subventioned, almost all of them have a good situation and can take some time to shout their opinion.

Note: this is the first time i use the word opinion! unfortunatly, you can use this word ONLY for the pink and the blue as they are not payed for protest. Then we could think, that the motivation to protest is their opinion!!

Edited by balou

a Pink is a thai person who were not red or yellow issued from medium/low to medium.high class witch is pissed off by this mess. BUT a large part of them, we will have to accept it, were yellow.As they are pink they are not subventioned, almost all of them have a good situation and can take some time to shout they opinion.

Note: this is the first time i use the word opinion! unfortunatly, you can use this word ONLY for the pink and the blue as they are not payed for protest. Then we could think, that the motivation to protest is their opinion!!

" were yellow "

But how can you be sure they are not still yellow also ? :D

Maybe they dont want to risk being lynched mobbed by the reds so they wear

a more neutral colour but are still very much yellow at heart ?

And then you should tell Burr about the blue shirts in pattaya last year :D

This is all becoming so complicated :)

What are the yellows??

Burr,

the Yellows are/were the crowd the Bangkok Bandits wheel out when they lose an election. Unlike the Reds, the army does not shoot them when they occupy an airport, etc.

Most of the farang posters here seem to be right-wing authoritarians who have not a clue about democracy. In a real democracy, ultimate political power is the will of the majority of people, as expressed at the ballot-box. It is not some elevated elite possessing unlimited money, troops, tanks, guns, & English-language newspapers.

I see one of the latter has dubbed the Red-supporting majority of Thailand as 'terrorists'. Nice one for all authoritarian anti-democrats. It's a simple 'law 'n order' situation, so bring on more firepower! Were Adolf Hitler & Joe Stalin alive, they would be cheering behind you.

By all means let the legal attrition against Ole Squarehead continue. Meantime, howsabout a free election, dudes?

Tom thank you for this...I cannot believe some of the comments from the authoritarian right wing-nuts...but they are highly selective in their calls for punishment...

a Pink is a thai person who were not red or yellow issued from medium/low to medium.high class witch is pissed off by this mess. BUT a large part of them, we will have to accept it, were yellow.As they are pink they are not subventioned, almost all of them have a good situation and can take some time to shout they opinion.

" were yellow "

But how can you be sure they are not still yellow also ? :D

Maybe they dont want to risk being lynched mobbed by the reds so they wear

a more neutral colour but are still very much yellow at heart ?

And then you should tell Burr about the blue shirts in pattaya last year :D

This is all becoming so complicated :)

it is because we all saying: "AMAZING THAILAND"

But nothing to compare to terrorism!!

do they really know what are terrorists?

Edited by balou

You can be a red or yellow shirt. It doesn't matter to me. What bothers me is the military acts like a branch of government deciding who they want to support. The military has far too much power. But then in a corrupt society such as this, the courts are just as corrupt. No one is innocent here.

What are the yellows??

Burr,

the Yellows are/were the crowd the Bangkok Bandits wheel out when they lose an election. Unlike the Reds, the army does not shoot them when they occupy an airport, etc.

Most of the farang posters here seem to be right-wing authoritarians who have not a clue about democracy. In a real democracy, ultimate political power is the will of the majority of people, as expressed at the ballot-box. It is not some elevated elite possessing unlimited money, troops, tanks, guns, & English-language newspapers.

I see one of the latter has dubbed the Red-supporting majority of Thailand as 'terrorists'. Nice one for all authoritarian anti-democrats. It's a simple 'law 'n order' situation, so bring on more firepower! Were Adolf Hitler & Joe Stalin alive, they would be cheering behind you.

By all means let the legal attrition against Ole Squarehead continue. Meantime, howsabout a free election, dudes?

Thank god for that. Another person on here who does not think that anyone who is in favour of the reds is a terrorist.

We (farangs) generally come from modern grown up democracy's that have been established for a substansial number of years. Thailand is not very old at all in that sense. Terrible things happened in the UK and other places in the struggle for true democracy. Whether we have that is not a question particularly for here. Less than a 100 years ago not everyone could vote in the UK. The lessons we have learned need to be used to assist the Thai's. Not in a patronising way as some seek to do. It is their country they are entitled to make their own mistakes. If they want help then we - i don't mean the UK here but the UN or other such bodies - should be on hand to help.

The way that strikes me at the moment is that they have reached an impasse to a certain extent. If the Electoral Commision & the Constitutional Court continues as it is then all the experienced politicians will be ruled out over a period of time. Didn't they step in during the airport sit in and give the PM an out without bloodshed. Now they are doing the same to Abhisit, but he has not taken it.

Perhaps the way ahead is to look at the South African and Northern Irish models. The truth and reconcilliation commision in SA seemed to cauterise a lot of the horrendous behaiviour that had gone on before leaving the Country to move on. A very big thing to do for the victims of that abhorant regime.

I love Thailand and hope for the mass of people's sake that something is resolved soon. Tourism is certainly being affected. I know three couples here in Birmingham, UK that were going this year and are now shelving the plans. I doubt 2 of them will pick them up again.

You can be a red or yellow shirt. It doesn't matter to me. What bothers me is the military acts like a branch of government deciding who they want to support. The military has far too much power. But then in a corrupt society such as this, the courts are just as corrupt. No one is innocent here.

exact!!! the army got too much power here.

BUT IS THAILAND PEOPLE READY FOR DEMOCRATIE?

after last 4 years, i am sorry to say that i have many doubts about that!

is army rules better?

at least everybody work and the streets are not crowded when army rules.

but army should be there to protect the country not to govern it.

i really don't know how they will end this era of corruption!!

There lots of talk about the yellow shirts and their leaders. For many reasons I was not able to follow what happen back at 2008 as close as I have followed what happens know. Both the yellows and the reds have committed crimes. what I wonde ris, what is the same and what is the different between the yellow and the red leaders?

What are the yellows??

Burr,

What you will see though is that the incumbent's use of the term "terrorists" has been reported by western media in a highly non-partisan and qualified way. They rightly see its use as political rather than factual and this too is reflective of the international governments' refusal to make any comments beyond the obvious on what happened last Saturday night - the facts are not in and so they are not getting involved in what is a war of spin, something that members of this forum could bear in mind!! :)

Tom thank you for this...I cannot believe some of the comments from the authoritarian right wing-nuts...but they are highly selective in their calls for punishment...

What if they're still blocking the streets on May 15?

This statement is just more bs.

Why dont you go back to where you come from, who are you to comment, if the government hadnt shut down the red shirts TV station I suspect by tues this week it would have all died down and most people would have gone home,one rule for the red shirts and one rule for the yellow shirts,and anyway Thaskin was legally elected by the people,so he turned out to be a crook,tell me something new in Thailand,if they arrested all the crooked politicans and police, who would then run the country?

What are the yellows??

Burr,

I get really angry when I read ignorant comments like this.

Oldgit - you have absolutely no idea, do you? Were you around when Thaksin was in power? Were you paying attention? Thaksin was more of an authoritarian than Abhisit will ever be. Do you honestly think Thailand was ruled democratically when the red hero was in power? Did you completely miss the intimidation of the press and the opposition, the manipulation of the courts, the use of goverment powers for private profit, the extra-judicial killings? Have you ever read Thaksin's words about democracy while he was ruling the roost? Not exactly a hero of democracy back then and hardly one now ... more like a hero of hypocrisy. I am hardly a right wing authoritarian, but I despise the red shirt leaders who are nothing but a bunch of thugs and wouldn't know democracy if they were choking on it. They are in it for themselves - period! The rural poor have legitimate beefs, but it is sad that their cause has fallen prey to the likes of Thaksin and all the other scumbag red leadership.

By the way, dude ... the current parliament consists of people who were elected in the last election in which the red shirt party (Pheua Thai) won more seats than any other party but not a majority, so a democrat-led coalition was formed when the Pheua Thai lost the support of the minority parties. That's how a parliamentary democracy works - look it up! But no! You and the reds would have the PM dissolve a constitutionally elected government just because a bunch of demagogues have convinced a bunch of gullible people to roam around the city blocking roads, defacing public property, launching grenades, and performing barbaric blood rituals. You call that democracy - seriously?

I submit that it is you, oldgit, that don't have a clue about democracy, not those of us who are attempting to call attention to the hypocrisy of the UDD leaders.

What are the yellows??

Burr,

By free elections do you mean free from vote buying? free of corruption?

exact!!! the army got too much power here.

BUT IS THAILAND PEOPLE READY FOR DEMOCRATIE?

after last 4 years, i am sorry to say that i have many doubts about that!

is army rules better?

at least everybody work and the streets are not crowded when army rules.

but army should be there to protect the country not to govern it.

i really don't know how they will end this era of corruption!!

balou you are in Korat ?

I can only imagine a few yellow shirt followers in your area - being the big business people in Korat

correct or incorrect ?

What are the yellows??

In simple terms:

Yellows = opposed to Thaksin

Reds = for Thaksin

A lot of people on this forum will rush to tell you how much more complicated it is than that, and it's true to say that it's not all black and white - there are grays involved - but generally speaking, this is what unites them.

What are the yellows??

Burr,

Oldgit - you have absolutely no idea, do you? Were you around when Thaksin was in power? Were you paying attention? Thaksin was more of an authoritarian than Abhisit will ever be. Do you honestly think Thailand was ruled democratically when the red hero was in power? Did you completely miss the intimidation of the press and the opposition, the manipulation of the courts, the use of goverment powers for private profit, the extra-judicial killings? Have you ever read Thaksin's words about democracy while he was ruling the roost? Not exactly a hero of democracy back then and hardly one now ... more like a hero of hypocrisy. I am hardly a right wing authoritarian, but I despise the red shirt leaders who are nothing but a bunch of thugs and wouldn't know democracy if they were choking on it. They are in it for themselves - period! The rural poor have legitimate beefs, but it is sad that their cause has fallen prey to the likes of Thaksin and all the other scumbag red leadership.

By the way, dude ... the current parliament consists of people who were elected in the last election in which the red shirt party (Pheua Thai) won more seats than any other party but not a majority, so a democrat-led coalition was formed when the Pheua Thai lost the support of the minority parties. That's how a parliamentary democracy works - look it up! But no! You and the reds would have the PM dissolve a constitutionally elected government just because a bunch of demagogues have convinced a bunch of gullible people to roam around the city blocking roads, defacing public property, launching grenades, and performing barbaric blood rituals. You call that democracy - seriously?

I submit that it is you, oldgit, that don't have a clue about democracy, not those of us who are attempting to call attention to the hypocrisy of the UDD leaders.

Well said, Kudo's. It is just unfortunate that this type of fact based reason will again and again fall on deaf brainwashed ears. Sad and embbarrassing days for Thailand.

What are the yellows??

Burr,

No, the army didn't shoot them, but the police sure blew a few of them up with war grade tear gas shells.

But as a red I guess you consider that to be Ok.

Why dont you go back to where you come from,

There's nothing more i hate reading on Thaivisa than this comment above. At least once a week or one of the threads it pops up. Never fails to get my goat.

who are you to comment, if the government hadnt shut down the red shirts TV station I suspect by tues this week it would have all died down and most people would have gone home,

What gave you this impression? Since it all began they have consistently vowed to fight until they got their demands. As for red-shirt TV, it was being using to incite violence against the state. No civilised country would allow that. Why couldn't they have given their message in peaceful terms?

and anyway Thaskin was legally elected by the people,so he turned out to be a crook,tell me something new in Thailand,if they arrested all the crooked politicans and police, who would then run the country?

This defeatest attitude is why countries don't develop. Standards have to start to be set at some time. There are 65 million people in this country. If a politician is guilty of corruption toss him out the window and get someone new in - repeat as necessary.

What are the yellows??

In simple terms:

Reds = for Thaksin

A lot of people on this forum will rush to tell you how much more complicated it is than that, and it's true to say that it's not all black and white - there are grays involved - but generally speaking, this is what unites them.

As it is Thai people that i speak to that say it is " much more complicated "

I think would prefer to continue to believe what the Thai' s say as opposed to

a farang type interpretation :)

What are the yellows??

Burr,

Well said, Kudo's. It is just unfortunate that this type of fact based reason will again and again fall on deaf brainwashed ears. Sad and embbarrassing days for Thailand.

I was just about to say the same. Very well put.

I was also here during Thaksin's time and I'd like to add that Thaksin can be held directly responsible for the escalation of conflict in the South.

It does worry me that the Red Shirts are employing this "Peasant" uprising idea and imagery, just take a quick hop over the border to Cambodia and see where Pol Pot's version of "Democracy" got them 30 years ago.

I'd also dispute the "Majority Red Supporters" line, not around here - Bangkok and surrounding provinces, certainly not in the south. So where then?

Let's get this into a realistic perspective:

- The police (dozens of them) failed to capture anybody.

- Why? Because they had no intention of obeying their orders.

- Why? Because the police support thaksin. (Do you suspect Thaksi is taking big advantage of all of this stuff and maintaining his hold on the police force? The answer cannot be anything but YES!)

- Why? Because of long tradition of the police supporting each other no matter what. It's a deep rooted brotherhood, my 'brother' is massively corrupt, he is highly unethical, he should be on trial in the world courts for massive human rights abuse, but never mind, he's my 'brother', and I will support him forever, no matter what.

- Will this attitude ever stop? Well it has to stop because it means that the police currently don't report to the people of Thailand, they can and they do make their own rules to suit their own needs and their own (murky) brotherhood ethics. The current police situation also means that people can very easily buy their way out of anything. Totally unacceptable long-term and a total roadblock to building a first world (or even second world) civil society.

- How can it change? Only by massive reorganization* of the whole police force, which would sideline the most incapable (also meaning those who have bought their way into high positions, and installing only those with appropriate ethics. (* Actual organization, total accountability, investigation of police by an independent body with no linkage to the force or police officers, promotion by displayed capability and past impressive track record, new criteria to join, including well educated staff who do have strong knowledge of the law, appropriate reward for the job and at a level which would attract more educated people, etc.)

- Difficult? Yes, but it is doable, and I suspect PM Abhisit is the man to ultimately demand change and right now (or in the near future) he would have massive support from the public at large to go ahead and take strong action. He must be pretty pissed off at the police, especially including the top officers, and this might well be the factor which pushed him to get serious on this issue.

- Did PM Abhisit build this current situation / did it develop only on his watch? NO, it's been building for many decades so it's unfair to say Abhisit is weak or has failed on this item..

- Is it dangerous for the PM to take such an action. YES, of course. Massive public very verbal support would help.

And that is your perspective? yes

What are the yellows??

In simple terms:

Reds = for Thaksin

As it is Thai people that i speak to that say it is " much more complicated "

I think would prefer to continue to believe what the Thai' s say as opposed to

a farang type interpretation :)

My opinion is also formed by speaking to Thai people, and in my experience it's usually the red-shirt supporters who trot out the "much more complicated" line as a way of deflecting from criticism concerning the man who leads them. Perhaps you should try speaking to a broader spectrum of Thais, not just the reds in your family and local village.

P.S. any particular reason why you felt the need to whistle?

Funny, the red shirt leaders have repeatedly stated that they've been staying at the protest site and not at posh hotels! The great thing for them is that their supporters are just plain STUPID!!! If you ever needed more proof, check this out. The red shirt leaders told their supporters that the Americans must have been lying about tapping Thaksins phone because Thaksin speaks Thai on the phone and Americans speak English. So how could they have understood what he was saying? THE CROWD BELIEVED THEM!!!!! I'd be laughing if it wasn't so sad.

I wonder if any of the Red shirt leaders believe the above logic also?

You know, using that logic they could discredit the PM by saying he could not have a degree from Oxford cause in England they speak English, and he is Thai.

If the yellows was in jail (their normal place), the reds would have to surrender RIGHT AWAY.

Let's sentence and jail the yellows first.

You are right!

If the yellows who were sentenced guilty and jailed, they then should go first.

i repeat, i am not red , pink, blue or yellow, i am nothing here, just a witness farang.

there is laws for some thais and freeway for others!

seems to be a two (or more) speed law here..................

anyway they are all guilty of corruption, lets send them all in jail!

Hang them High! Burn them at the stake! shootings too good for them, let them rot in jail forever?... Did I miss any cliches?? :)

This statement again shows how insane the red leaders in fact are.Who in their right mind would even consider to be taken serious when you announce that you will turn yourself in but plead to just get another month to commit crimes against humanity.

Of course taken into credit the past actions of the current government,they might be the ones who step with both feet into this trap. :)

What if they're still blocking the streets on May 15?

This statement is just more bs.

Sounds more like a clever move to me. If they think there will be more attempts to arrest them it's likely one will succeed which will be a victory for the government and whoever is in charge. If they give themselves up they still end up arrested but they can claim good publicity. I know nothing about Thai law but it may also help in their gaining bail.

One other thing. I don't think they really want democracy as we know it and there are some very good post in this thread detailing the way Thais are not like western and similar nations in their path to stable government. Anyone who knows anything about negotiation understands that you need to adopt a position that gives you as much as you can get but without expecting the other side to give up everything. It's very difficult to sell complete defeat to your supporters. If the red shirt leaders had accepted either the 6 or 9 month time scale for elections they would be getting what they want plus it would give time to organise the elections (maybe with trusted outside help with monitoring) in such a way that the result could be seen by a majority at least as honest. Although of course it's not easy to get people who've lost an election to believe this.