Heat !

Ricardo

Citylife's Facebook page states that according to their retired weather expert, the last time it was this hot was in May 1992.

I think, OP, that this morning started out hot then hotter, very early..... Maybe its just me but I think this may turn out to be one of the hottest of the year...

G

I also thought the heat would be kinda over now. Last week was traveling up to Chiang Rai, Pai, Mae Hong Son, rain every day which made nights comfortable without aircon, even the few nights I was in Chiang Mai, I slept without aircon. But this week it's terribly hot againmad.gif

Perhaps I should encourage Mrs-Ricardo to invest in a used-camel dealership, as it's still hotter than I can remember, for this time-of-year over the past several years.

I'm also contemplating one of those Gulf-Arab wind-trap thingies, on the roof of Baan-Ricardo, to funnel the breeze downstairs.

Or perhaps I should relocate to Dubai, and take up ski-ing ? :D

wouldnt a breeze funnel thingy just re-direct warm air from outside to inside?

unless of course the outside temp was lower than yr temp inside

The temp. seems to have picked up a degree or 2 in the last week, perhaps due to lack of rain?

Yes it would. The reason those things work in Persia is because nights are very cool, and dry. Here, last night was hot and humid. I have the windows open and for some time there was a breeze, it simply didn't cool things down. While the breeze was there it helped a bit, but then it stopped, with temperatures still very high.

Very uncomfortable, but nothing that an air-conditioner can't fix.

Yes it would. The reason those things work in Persia is because nights are very cool, and dry. Here, last night was hot and humid. I have the windows open and for some time there was a breeze, it simply didn't cool things down. While the breeze was there it helped a bit, but then it stopped, with temperatures still very high.

arh lovely, love it when it rains at night. Ive opened a few windows with the mozzie screens on to let in a cool breeze to bring down the temp inside

Goof point, but since my walls are still radiating heat late-evening, I find that outside-air often is cooler, so there would still be some net-gain.

Perhaps I should just sleep outdoors, to get the benefit, of the cooler night air ? But then the mossies would become a problem. :unsure:

Yes it would.  The reason those things work in Persia is because nights are very cool, and dry.    Here, last night was hot and humid.    I have the windows open and for some time there was a breeze, it simply didn't cool things down.  While the breeze was there it helped a bit, but then it stopped, with temperatures still very high.

Goof point, but since my walls are still radiating heat late-evening, I find that outside-air often is cooler, so there would still be some net-gain.

Perhaps I should just sleep outdoors, to get the benefit, of the cooler night air ? But then the mossies would become a problem. :unsure:

Just become a Vampire and your problem is solved. 

Just become a Vampire and your problem is solved.

not really, sleeping during the day is worse i reckon, well, our bedrooms are upstairs,and its somewhat more hotter than downstairs where we are during the day