Drivers Permit

tinsom

can any one help

i am new to thai land but cannot find any info about

how to get a drivers permit in thailand i currently am here on six month tourist visa

was told i need to get international permit from england frommaa or rac

but apart from that not sure procedure

I'll move this to motoring.

But, unless the rules have changed you cannot get a local licence if you have a Tourist Visa, a non-immigrant visa is required.

I'm sure those more conversant with the latest rules can clarify.

I'll move this to motoring.

But, unless the rules have changed you cannot get a local licence if you have a Tourist Visa, a non-immigrant visa is required.

I'm sure those more conversant with the latest rules can clarify.

most LTD grants thai DL on permit to stay longer than 90 days.

There is no such thing as a driving temporary permit in Thailand. . Your first license is a one year license. Then you can renew and receive a 5 year license. Depending on the LTD you go to they will grant you a license on a tourist visa. LTD in Thailand operate differently from each other. I have seen license granted on 30 day arrival stamps but not at all LTD's. The requirements are you need to go to immigrations a get what is called a certificate of redundancy that sates your address in Thailand. you will be required to have a letter from your landlord with their Thai ID on it. The cost of this letter (CR) is 500 baht. Or you can go to your embassy or consulate which could be less demanding and get this letter cost 1200 to 2000 baht. If you can get this letter on your visa the rest should be easy. Doctors letter that says you are alive 50 to 100 baht.. Copies of passport, photos and your home country driver license. NOT an International driving license or permit. Go to LTD and apply they only make you take a color and reflex test no written or diving test

where about in pattaya and does it cover all of thialand

Next to Regent school, yes a Thai licence for the whole country. You can only get a 1 year licence on a tourist visa, so after 1 year you will only get another 1 year licence.

Next to Regent school, yes a Thai licence for the whole country. You can only get a 1 year licence on a tourist visa, so after 1 year you will only get another 1 year licence.

It makes no difference if you are on a Tourist visa, O visa B visa extension based on retirement or marriage your first Thai driver license is 1 year period and is good threw out Thailand.

It makes no difference if you are on a Tourist visa, O visa B visa extension based on retirement or marriage your first Thai driver license is 1 year period and is good threw out Thailand.

Correct, but I was trying to say that on a tourist visa you can't get a 5 years licence, but only a 1 year one.

There is no such thing as a driving temporary permit in Thailand. . Your first license is a one year license. Then you can renew and receive a 5 year license.
There is such thing as a temporary driving license in Thailand. Your first driving license issued for one year is referred to, and officially titled Temporary simply because it IS exactly that; temporary.

Just read the text on the driving license, it actually says "Type Temporary Car", and I'd like to point out they're not referring to a Honda Jazz from Avis.

There is no such thing as a driving temporary permit in Thailand. . Your first license is a one year license. Then you can renew and receive a 5 year license.
There is such thing as a temporary driving license in Thailand. Your first driving license issued for one year is referred to, and officially titled Temporary simply because it IS exactly that; temporary.

Just read the text on the driving license, it actually says "Type Temporary Car", and I'd like to point out they're not referring to a Honda Jazz from Avis.

So a five year license is permanent even though you need to renew after 5 years and is NOT TEMPORARY. :D:)

So a five year license is permanent even though you need to renew after 5 years and is NOT TEMPORARY. :D:)

Read the text on the front page of your 5-year driving license. What does it say?