Tip For Reducing Airfares Ex Bangkok

The_Moog

I knew I wanted to fly Cathay Pacific back to Uk - not some Shi-ite Airways stopping in Abbi Dabbi or somewhere, I also wanted an Economy Class ticket that got air miles, rather than the cheaper booking code.

So I booked my flight at their Head office then took their itinerary print-off around a couple of travel agents that were on my route home. We effectively conducted a Dutch Auction and I got a nice discount.

I suppose one could go direct to the Travel Agents, but I think they felt more motivated by the fact that I didn't need any rival airline comparisons, already had the printed itinerary, a booking in place, and was just fishing for price.

Anyway it worked.

I knew I wanted to fly Cathay Pacific back to Uk - not some Shi-ite Airways stopping in Abbi Dabbi or somewhere,  I also wanted an Economy Class ticket that got air miles, rather than the cheaper booking code.

So I booked my flight at their Head office then took their itinerary print-off around a couple of travel agents that were on my route home. We effectively conducted a Dutch Auction and I got a nice discount.

I suppose one could go direct to the Travel Agents, but I think they felt more motivated by the fact that I didn't need any rival airline comparisons, already had the printed itinerary, a booking in place, and was just fishing for price.

Anyway it worked.

Heres another tip with Thai you will get a much cheaper fare and a couple of free nights in a hotel in bangkok if you book a hotel and air fare package. EG we were quoted 890 quid for flight only, london to bangkok or 690 quid for same flight and 2 free nights in bangkok in a great hotel! Crazy but true!!! :o