Red-Shirts To Intensify Pressure

webfact

You got it. In order to cling on to his unelected position, Abhisit is willing to risk splitting the army, which could easily lead to a civil war.

And we should recall that Abhisit's original justification for his unelected grabbing of power was that two people had been killed in the street fighting. He promised reconciliation.

Now that over 20 people have died in exactly the same circumstances, we hear nothing from Abhisit as he cowers in his hole.

He is nothing more than a self-serving hypocrite.

Ahhhh another nutcase for the ignore list... they sure do seem to be coming out of the woodwork of late.

Why are all the RED-farangs so bitter? Fresh supply of farm girls cut off?

You are not very good at presenting a logical position. If you are ignoring me, then why would you respond with the above post. By responding, you have contradicted yourself, again.

And on to your insult of rural people by your 'farm girls cut off' comment. If you are saying that farm girls are prostitutes, then that is a demographic slur that deserves contempt and no further comment. If you are saying that the red cause is likely to increase the availability of prostitutes, using a demographic slur to somehow reinforce your point, then you are wrong again - the red agenda is to make the rural poor more prosperous, hence this would reduce the availability of prostitutes who may at the moment have no other financial recourse.

You really seem to be a very unpleasant person, who insults instead of debates, and who has no respect for the rural majority of Thai people.

Unlike your good self. At least since you've knocked that "I dare you" nonsense in the head.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got it. In order to cling on to his unelected position, Abhisit is willing to risk splitting the army, which could easily lead to a civil war.

And we should recall that Abhisit's original justification for his unelected grabbing of power was that two people had been killed in the street fighting. He promised reconciliation.

Now that over 20 people have died in exactly the same circumstances, we hear nothing from Abhisit as he cowers in his hole.

Ahhhh another nutcase for the ignore list... they sure do seem to be coming out of the woodwork of late.

You are not very good at presenting a logical position. If you are ignoring me, then why would you respond with the above post. By responding, you have contradicted yourself, again.

And on to your insult of rural people by your 'farm girls cut off' comment. If you are saying that farm girls are prostitutes, then that is a demographic slur that deserves contempt and no further comment. If you are saying that the red cause is likely to increase the availability of prostitutes, using a demographic slur to somehow reinforce your point, then you are wrong again - the red agenda is to make the rural poor more prosperous, hence this would reduce the availability of prostitutes who may at the moment have no other financial recourse.

You really seem to be a very unpleasant person, who insults instead of debates, and who has no respect for the rural majority of Thai people.

Im not taking either side, today.. What is the red agenda, please feel free to explain it to me as i honestly cant get a detailed answer, and how do they propose to make themselves more prosperous? And please leave out the yellow's this, thaksin that, military so on rhetoric, frankly its all pretty stale at this point in time.

Edited by tb86

The farmers are now threatening to come to Bangkok to protest rice paddy prices. If these are the real farmers, then who are these impostors wearing red shirts?

Open your mind my friend

Rice Farmers are the DIRTY SHIRTS

Im not taking either side, today.. What is the red agenda, please feel free to explain it to me as i honestly cant get a detailed answer, and how do they propose to make themselves more prosperous? And please leave out the yellow's this, thaksin that, military so on rhetoric, frankly its all pretty stale at this point in time.

Gawd knows, maybe by getting decent irrigation... no rain up north for a looong time.

Maybe by reducing the middlemans profit, a la otop etc.

Maybe by getting local officials rather than ones sent from Bangkok (Chiang Mai had many of its officials replaced after the military coup - which led to an unprecidented period of law enforcement up here dam_n it! Means we actually had to pay road tax and wear helmets!!)

Maybe they will just have the psychological benefit of actually getting who they vote for!

or

Thailand can boost its military budget further, increase its corporation tax breaks further, and generally hunker down until the PRC come marching in.

But most of all, I suspect they want who they vote for, and not who they are told to vote for down the barrel of a tank. How can they relate to an Eton/Oxford man? who is now clearly just a pawn. Apparently he doesnt even speak 'normal' Thai!

Edited by whiterussian

Unfortunately the reds have no economic class demands so your claim for the reds to represent any class is bogus.

The reds are led by lumpen proletarian and petty-bourgeois elements in the pay of Thaksin.

Your avatar is lumpen, that is for sure.

Soggy liberal blah-blah about respect for the rurals.

Rural is not a class, urban is not a class.

It is just a flag for the toy revolutionaries to wave.

Waving the flag for Thaksin.

Edited by yoshiwara

Comments from the poster who uses Clockwork Orange as his avatar and pseudonym...should be taken lightly, it is after all the the title of a film about "the adventures of a young man whose principal interests are rape, ultra-violence and Beethoven" (Not that there is anything wrong with Beethoven)

Wow look who is talkiing! Your avatar shows two sci-fi warlords fighting to the death over a destroyed landscape. Is that your vision of the future?

In any case, I think that you completely missed the point of the film Clockwork Orange - it was a dark commentary of an imaginary dystopian future, where the more society tried to analyse and control itself, the more bereft of morality it became.

And if we start analysing pseudonyms and avatars, then this whole forum becomes completely ridiculous and all the comments arbitrary anyway.

many people take clockwork orange the wrong way.but your account of the film is very well put.

Gawd knows, maybe by getting decent irrigation... no rain up north for a looong time.

Maybe by reducing the middlemans profit, a la otop etc.

Maybe by getting local officials rather than ones sent from Bangkok (Chiang Mai had many of its officials replaced after the military coup)

Maybe they will just have the psychological benefit of actually getting who they vote for!

or

Thailand can boost its military budget further, increase its corporation tax breaks further, and generally hunker down until the PRC come marching in.

isnt most of the agro buisness at least on a local level run by local officials, buisness men... Ie the wifes family owns a rice co op and processing facility in nakhon sawan, did they take masses of money out of the farmers, yes...but they were local. As i have been led to believe is the same practice in issan. Plenty of very rich new money, as well as old money families hail from the north east.

CLOCK WORK ORANGE please feel free to take part in this conversation as you seem to be more so in the know about the red policies than most of us

Edited by tb86

If you are ignoring him, why respond to him.

He made a well considered post and you put in a snide kneejerk which included an insult. It rebutted nothing, offered nothing and was a pointless nah nah nah nah nah post, which indicates that he hit you with a truth and you couldn't answer it so decided to insult instead.

And they you somehow think you are on a higher plane than him. Raise your bar and grow up.

There was all that noise when two yellow shirts died and promisies of unification. If you don't remember or don't understand the issues, why not try another web site that may cater to your interests or areas of knowledge... whatever they are.

Here is another example of how the Abhisit government is exploiting Thailand's poor people:

Representatives of the Thai Farmers Association had today sent a letter to the prime minister again asking the government to help solve the problem of low rice prices, association chairman Wichian Puanglamjiak said on Tuesday.

The letter was submitted via the Commerce Ministry,

Mr Wichian said although the government had set the guaranteed price for rice at 10,000 baht a tonne, farmers could still get only 6,100 to 6,200 baht a tonne due low rice prices on the world market.

“We want the government to help raise the price of rice to 10,000 baht per tonne as announced.

"If our demand is ignored, farmers from Chachoengsao, Lopburi, Ang Thong, Chainat, Suphan Buri and Ayutthaya will rally at the Ministry of Commerce,” he said on Tuesday.

If the ministry fails to provide the needed assistance, the farmers might have to gather in front of the 11th Infantry Regiment base on Phahon Yothin road to ask for help from Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva.

Ayutthaya governor Witthaya Piewpong said he had learned of the problem and had ordered the provincial internal trade office to send a letter outlining the difficulties the farmers are facing to the government via the Ministry of Commerce.

He called on leaders of the group not to lead farmers to rally in Bangkok at the moment.

The red-shirts were still protesting against the government and it would be unsafe for farmers to rally in the capital now.

He made a well considered post and you put in a snide kneejerk which included an insult. It rebutted nothing, offered nothing and was a pointless nah nah nah nah nah post, which indicates that he hit you with a truth and you couldn't answer it so decided to insult instead.

And they you somehow think you are on a higher plane than him. Raise your bar and grow up.

There was all that noise when two yellow shirts died and promisies of unification. If you don't remember or don't understand the issues, why not try another web site that may cater to your interests or areas of knowledge... whatever they are.

The only truth the two of you are pushing is that of advancing Thaksin's agenda.

Your new friend's fertile imagination might strike you as the epiphany.

But then clutching at straws must keep you quite busy.

Reds talking about reconciliation and you seeing this as a truth?

I was going to say get a life.

But then you are a grandpop.

So can't really.

Here is another example of how the Abhisit government is exploiting Thailand's poor people:
Representatives of the Thai Farmers Association had today sent a letter to the prime minister again asking the government to help solve the problem of low rice prices, association chairman Wichian Puanglamjiak said on Tuesday.

The letter was submitted via the Commerce Ministry,

Mr Wichian said although the government had set the guaranteed price for rice at 10,000 baht a tonne, farmers could still get only 6,100 to 6,200 baht a tonne due low rice prices on the world market.

"We want the government to help raise the price of rice to 10,000 baht per tonne as announced.

"If our demand is ignored, farmers from Chachoengsao, Lopburi, Ang Thong, Chainat, Suphan Buri and Ayutthaya will rally at the Ministry of Commerce," he said on Tuesday.

If the ministry fails to provide the needed assistance, the farmers might have to gather in front of the 11th Infantry Regiment base on Phahon Yothin road to ask for help from Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva.

Ayutthaya governor Witthaya Piewpong said he had learned of the problem and had ordered the provincial internal trade office to send a letter outlining the difficulties the farmers are facing to the government via the Ministry of Commerce.

He called on leaders of the group not to lead farmers to rally in Bangkok at the moment.

The red-shirts were still protesting against the government and it would be unsafe for farmers to rally in the capital now.

how is that the governments fault they dont set the world rice market prices, hel_l they could set it at 1,000,000 baht per kilo... but if the WORLD market wont bear it they will not reach their price point... And for someone that supports che, well shouldnt the rice be distributed to all the people at a minimum cost? last i checked rice sold in thailand is going for between 25-45 baht per kilo....so 6,200 per ton isnt bad.. do the math

Edited by tb86

Given the MP's which previously supported the redz jumped ship to the Demz side garnering them a majority of MP's in the Lower House, and thereby the mandate to form and run the government; I guess it's "cry foul", "the people didn't get to vote for PM", "it's not fair" or "insert your lame argument here". :D

Firstly, the tone of your response amounts to little more than childish mocking, as if that somehow makes your argument in any way more valid.

Then, in a long and rambling way, you are saying that you agree with a bunch of corrupt generals kicking out a government that was elected, and replacing it with one that wasn't.

Then, you go on to deny the fact that the reds may actually have a majority, as was proven in two successive elections. Why are you people so afraid to put it to the test - hold an election and then respect the wishes of the people by allowing the people they elect to rule.

If Abhisit is so popular like you seem to think that he is, then what is he afraid of? He can get elected, keep his job, and confound teh reds argument that his position is illegitimate.

Unfortunately, I don't suffer fools lightly, nor people who won't spend a little internet time researching facts before they post. It appears that in all likelihood my inclusion of facts in the post must have confounded you, and not my mocking tone. :)

BTW: If you think that's a mocking tone, consider yourself mocked. :D

Now in rebuttal

Nope, no where in the post did I say that I agreed with what happened during the coup, BUT only all that had happened; the coup, the new constitution, the change in electoral law, had ALL taken place BFORE Samak (the I am Thaksin's nominee) and Somchai (the I am Thaksin's Brother In Law) came to be PM's. The lower house voted for Samak, and again Somchai because they had a majority of MP's on their side. Once they couldn't get a majority it was a free-for-all on who could, and the Demz did under the SAME constitution and same electoral laws as Samak and Somchai.

Sorry man, the entire mess the country's in is all about what's happened post-coup stuff and really mostly about the Redz (aka; TRT/PPP/PTP) not getting to run the government. It's just plain sour grapes which has turned this country on its ear. Last time there were elections which was post coup; NO party got a majority of Lower House seats, necessitating the forming of coalitions.

Also no where did I say Abhisit was popular, what I did say was that he, using the exact same constitution and electoral rules, got a majority of MP's and thereby the chance to run his government just like Samak and Somchai did before him. Why did the thai people think it was okay then, but then a minority of them came out of the proverbial woodwork AFTER the PTP couldn't get a majority of MP's on their side to wave their frickin' red flag?

It's an argument that doesn't hold water, especially given the current minority in the government the "Beau-Thai-Party" said they wouldn’t participate in the constitutional reforms unless there were pre-agreed conditions which had to be met before they'd even show up at the table to begin discussions about the amendments. That effectively shut down the amendment process because under the current constitution the government can't do it with a simple majority of MP's, that's not how it's written.

Hey but thanx for taking my words out of context, and misquoting me, <mock> <mock>. .. :D

Hope you feel better now. Your posting superiority and keen sense of the obvious clearly outweighs mine. I humbly bow to your incredibly insightful if awfully skewed posting penchant.

Now be a good little posting puppet and go wave your foot-clapper.. :D

The PM has a lot to answer for

Sending the army into an area and closing all the beer bars

seems all the party eyed lady fanciers, are having to spend their time on TV

PM please reopen the bars so we can get back to serious postings

ozzieman05 I love reading your posts! Hahaha... way to go man! :)

Given the MP's which previously supported the redz jumped ship to the Demz side garnering them a majority of MP's in the Lower House, and thereby the mandate to form and run the government; I guess it's "cry foul", "the people didn't get to vote for PM", "it's not fair" or "insert your lame argument here". :)

Firstly, the tone of your response amounts to little more than childish mocking, as if that somehow makes your argument in any way more valid.

Then, in a long and rambling way, you are saying that you agree with a bunch of corrupt generals kicking out a government that was elected, and replacing it with one that wasn't.

Then, you go on to deny the fact that the reds may actually have a majority, as was proven in two successive elections. Why are you people so afraid to put it to the test - hold an election and then respect the wishes of the people by allowing the people they elect to rule.

If Abhisit is so popular like you seem to think that he is, then what is he afraid of? He can get elected, keep his job, and confound teh reds argument that his position is illegitimate.

What part of elected don't you understand? All the MPs were elected.

After the election, MPs from smaller supported the PPP, which put them into government.

Later, these MPs supported the Democrats, which put them into government.

No difference. Just a change in support. No elections required.

It could have happened straight after the election, but it took a bit longer for the MPs from smaller parties to decide that what the PPP/PTP were doing didn't suit them.

Abhisit currently has the support of the majority of elected MPs.

So he doesn't need to prove anything. Certainly not to a *minority* group of protestors.

He just needs to govern the country until elections are due in Dec 2011, or until the smaller parties decide not to support him.

Given the MP's which previously supported the redz jumped ship to the Demz side garnering them a majority of MP's in the Lower House, and thereby the mandate to form and run the government; I guess it's "cry foul", "the people didn't get to vote for PM", "it's not fair" or "insert your lame argument here". :D

Unfortunately, I don't suffer fools lightly, nor people who won't spend a little internet time researching facts before they post. It appears that in all likelihood my inclusion of facts in the post must have confounded you, and not my mocking tone. :)

BTW: If you think that's a mocking tone, consider yourself mocked. :D

Now in rebuttal

Nope, no where in the post did I say that I agreed with what happened during the coup, BUT only all that had happened; the coup, the new constitution, the change in electoral law, had ALL taken place BFORE Samak (the I am Thaksin's nominee) and Somchai (the I am Thaksin's Brother In Law) came to be PM's. The lower house voted for Samak, and again Somchai because they had a majority of MP's on their side. Once they couldn't get a majority it was a free-for-all on who could, and the Demz did under the SAME constitution and same electoral laws as Samak and Somchai.

Sorry man, the entire mess the country's in is all about what's happened post-coup stuff and really mostly about the Redz (aka; TRT/PPP/PTP) not getting to run the government. It's just plain sour grapes which has turned this country on its ear. Last time there were elections which was post coup; NO party got a majority of Lower House seats, necessitating the forming of coalitions.

Also no where did I say Abhisit was popular, what I did say was that he, using the exact same constitution and electoral rules, got a majority of MP's and thereby the chance to run his government just like Samak and Somchai did before him. Why did the thai people think it was okay then, but then a minority of them came out of the proverbial woodwork AFTER the PTP couldn't get a majority of MP's on their side to wave their frickin' red flag?

It's an argument that doesn't hold water, especially given the current minority in the government the "Beau-Thai-Party" said they wouldn’t participate in the constitutional reforms unless there were pre-agreed conditions which had to be met before they'd even show up at the table to begin discussions about the amendments. That effectively shut down the amendment process because under the current constitution the government can't do it with a simple majority of MP's, that's not how it's written.

Hey but thanx for taking my words out of context, and misquoting me, <mock> <mock>. .. :D

Hope you feel better now. Your posting superiority and keen sense of the obvious clearly outweighs mine. I humbly bow to your incredibly insightful if awfully skewed posting penchant.

Now be a good little posting puppet and go wave your foot-clapper.. :D

Good Post, Tod-daniels! Very insightful information in your post. (and very good rebutting style) *applause* :D

You must have a lot on your ignore list - I find your 'fresh supply of farm girls' highly insulting to Thai women and only reflects your mind-set

Would seem to me that those two highlighted sentences are having trouble getting on together. :) I reckon you might have committed a demographic slur.

The only truth the two of you are pushing is that of advancing Thaksin's agenda.

Your new friend's fertile imagination might strike you as the epiphany.

But then clutching at straws must keep you quite busy.

Reds talking about reconciliation and you seeing this as a truth?

I was going to say get a life.

But then you are a grandpop.

So can't really.

Thaksin... Thaksin... Thaksin... you just don't get it - it goes far beyond this guy - at least this post you didn't mention Gays - change the record mate it's boring

Today has been the first day the reds have lost momentum. They couldnt march and the numbers were the lowest by a long way for a big rally day. Without the sudden injection of the Samut Prakhan gang they would have been very bad. Over to them for how they respond. They also have to respond to the stickers which many believe and are causing anger and probably rein in some of their media

Interesting to see how they respond to their fisrt setbacks for some time. TYonight will be a tiome of rousing speeches as numbers grow. Then it will be a tense night.

tb86 quote

how is that the governments fault they dont set the world rice market prices, hel_l they could set it at 1,000,000 baht per kilo... but if the WORLD market wont bear it they will not reach their price point... And for someone that supports che, well shouldnt the rice be distributed to all the people at a minimum cost? last i checked rice sold in thailand is going for between 25-45 baht per kilo....so 6,200 per ton isnt bad.. do the math

unquote

This poster has demonstrated a lamentable ignorance of rice production and obviously cant manage primary school maths himself.

Yes supermarket prices for rice are around 25 to 45/kg depending on the grade. 6200/tonne equates to 6.2B/kg of paddy rice. That barely covers the production cost for the farmer, he needs a minimum of 10B to live and feed his family - albeit at subsistance level

Take a typical isaan farmer with say 10 rai. With reasonable soil he can expect about 7 gasop (thats the standard rice sack) which weighs in around 80kgs. So he gets 7x80x10 = 5.6tonnes. With a net profit of 3.800B/tonne gives about 21,000B for one year or 400B/week for him and his family

you can quibble about my figures but they are based on personal experience up north. A typical farmer makes a pittance, few reach 50,000 per year

just ask isaan bar girls (if they have enough sense to understand these figures)

The daily wage for labour is 150B for men and 120B for women when they can get work - which btw is roughly twice the rate in cambodia and they still pay the same for rice.

The real fuel stoking this fire is the decades of neglect of 60% of the population by the country's elite. The rural people are poorly educated, kept in complete ignorance, fed on propaganda and openly cheated by the much feared authorities.

Free schooling - thats a sick joke. It costs 3 to 5000 to send a child to school, exorbitant cost of uniforms school books and other donations. If you want anything approaching a decent education (still way below western standards) you have to go private costing 150,000 to 400,000 per year at one of these so called international schools

30B health scheme - well they call it Doctor Para (meaning paracetamol) - you dont get much health care and kids often have to be taken to private clinics costing 300b a pop

It has always amazed me how these people can remain so cheerful under such a burdensome life

The first thing square head did was set a farmers price of 10B/kg

Reds deny distributing stickers promoting Thaksin as president

BANGKOK: -- The red shirts had no involvement in the stickers with a message to promote "New Thai State under President Thaksin Shinawatra", their leader Natthawut Saikua said on Tuesday.

The stickers, with white message on red background, were distributed in public places along Silom Road.

Natthawut urged police to look into the matter and arrest the distributors.

Freedom of speech? Not under the Reds. :)

Can you please provide a link to the source of your post to verify the article?

BANGKOK: -- The red shirts had no involvement in the stickers with a message to promote "New Thai State under President Thaksin Shinawatra", their leader Natthawut Saikua said on Tuesday.

The stickers, with white message on red background, were distributed in public places along Silom Road.

More recent on the same subject:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/Thaks...e-30127489.html

Today has been the first day the reds have lost momentum. They couldnt march and the numbers were the lowest by a long way for a big rally day. Without the sudden injection of the Samut Prakhan gang they would have been very bad. Over to them for how they respond. They also have to respond to the stickers which many believe and are causing anger and probably rein in some of their media

Interesting to see how they respond to their fisrt setbacks for some time. TYonight will be a tiome of rousing speeches as numbers grow. Then it will be a tense night.

THE NATION: Arisman has threatened that red "army" will carry out "special ops" tonite, seizing ambulances and military vehicles.

Yeah right. Good luck

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-04-20

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-04-20

No surprises here, Thaksins political opponents playing dirty as usual.

Freedom of speech? Not under the Reds. :D

More recent on the same subject:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/Thaks...e-30127489.html

Thanks Insight.

:)

Just a reminder to all members, please post a link back to any quoted news article to verify the souce.

Khrap.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-04-20

No surprises here, Thaksins political opponents playing dirty as usual.

And how do you know who handed them out? Or are you another colour coded apologist of red or yellow on here?

All I know is a lot of people who are neither red or yellow believe that aim. Who handeed them out I will leave to the conspiuracy theorists and red and yellow cheerleaders of whom there are enough on here