Cheap Calls To Thailand From The Uk

mrbojangles

I am back in the UK now whilst waiting for my wifes Visa to drag it's way through the 1000+ of Beurocratic in-trays at the Embassy. I'm therefore calling her from the UK almost everyday and i am using JoyTelecom (via access number) which is costing 8p per minute. Has anybody got details of phone companies who are cheaper than this? I think 8p per minute is reasonable but i have heard there is some doing it at 1p per minute

Cheers

Mr BJ

Only free if the person you are ringing has SKYPE, otherwise you can buy Euro tokens on line with skype, My thai wife has a number she phones Thailand from the UK, 3p Per Min, this is even cheaper than skype rates, i will get the number off her and post it on this forum.

Only free if the person you are ringing has SKYPE, otherwise you can buy Euro tokens on line with skype, My thai wife has a number she phones Thailand from the UK, 3p Per Min, this is even cheaper than skype rates, i will get the number off her and post it on this forum.

Cheers Thaicoon,

It would be much appreciated

Mr BJ

Do a bit more digging through the threads.

The one we use is gen.only 1 p a minute but at the moment i am in Secon Square so not alotta time to looksee.Check out ...think discount saver/telesavers/telediscounts or similar....back in blighty next week so .... :o:D

Try Skype its free !

Thanks Custard,

But she is in her home Village (Chaiyaphum) where they haven't even heard of sliced bread yet never mind the internet!!

Mr BJ

Try telesavers, telediscount and alphaeasy. All cheaper than 8p a min.

Telesavers is 3p to a Thai mobile but not always available due to high demand.

Do a google on "cheap calls UK Thailand"......... :D

Oops I see Rinrada beat me to it whilst I was posting.... :o

Edited by dereklev

Thanks people for your replies,

I found that www.dialaround.co.uk and www.dialwise.co.uk both only charge 1p per minute to mobiles. My Missus can yak my head off for hours (love her to death though) so within 2 weeks i'll probably have saved enough for a return fareto BKK!!

What a top site this is, only found it the other day. Keep it up.

Mr BJ

I found that www.dialaround.co.uk and www.dialwise.co.uk both only charge 1p per minute to mobiles. My Missus can yak my head off for hours (love her to death though) so within 2 weeks i'll probably have saved enough for a return fareto BKK!!

Mr BJ

Nice one Mr BJ, Just rang Thailand on the 1p per Number, works great, My wife well happy, at the moment i have 6 Thai ladys here in the house cooking Thai food, staying with us for a week.

I have just left them fighting over a pen to write these cheap numbers down, i am now waiting for a que at the phone, i will try to charge them 10p per min, ha, ha,

I am back in the UK now whilst waiting for my wifes Visa to drag it's way through the 1000+ of Beurocratic in-trays at the Embassy. I'm therefore calling her from the UK almost everyday and i am using JoyTelecom (via access number) which is costing 8p per minute. Has anybody got details of phone companies who are cheaper than this? I think 8p per minute is reasonable but i have heard there is some doing it at 1p per minute

Cheers

Mr BJ

try rhis link

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/callchecker/index.php

:o

The access numbers pricing changes almost daily

follow the link about half way down the page insert Thailand for the destination,

It will give you allyou need to know and updated daily :D:D

Edited by Monkeypants

Cheers

Mr BJ

08448615615 -------------1p a minute

Mr BJ

Nice one Mr BJ, Just rang Thailand on the 1p per Number, works great, My wife well happy, at the moment i have 6 Thai ladys here in the house cooking Thai food, staying with us for a week.

I have just left them fighting over a pen to write these cheap numbers down, i am now waiting for a que at the phone, i will try to charge them 10p per min, ha, ha,

No probs Thaicoon but the thanks have to go to the top people on this site. Just got off the phone my self and yes it works great (some of these types of numbers are poor quality but these work great). My wife will be happy when (if) she gets here as she'll be able to call her family all day now without me "yak yaking" her!!

As for having 6 Thai lady's in the house....Heaven or ###### ?? Wouldn't mind popping round for some of that loverley food though. Mmmm

Mr BJ

Cheers

Mr BJ

Try DialAround which is just 1p per minute and its very clear.

Access number is 08448615353.

See ya