How Often Do You Visit The Beach, Sea, And Bars?

WinnieTheKhwai

How often do you visit the beach, or sea?  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When living somewhere long time I wonder if some of the main attractions actually remain attractions... I live in Chiang Mai myself and love the mountains, but it's only rarely that I actually drive up there. It'd probably be the same if I lived in Pattaya, though I LOVE Pattaya's attractions for short holiday visits.

How about you?

Lived here for over 6 years and still appreciate the place.I suppose i have the same mentality as in uk,when i worked,just visit the bars a couple of times a week and dont like to drink too much.

Still feel like i am on a long holiday but feel much more relaxed,as i can do anything i like tomorrow lol

Define, visit the beach. I don't enjoy just sitting there and frying anymore (spending hours there). However, I like to walk around there, sit and have a soft drink on a bench, hang out for a half an hour (enjoying the breezes and people watching), etc. quite often. Perhaps if it the water was clean enough to swim in I would feel differently. Also, I live close, if I had to make an effort to get to the water, I would probably stay longer when I did. I think you are on to something with your theory though. Its true about anywhere really.

Edited by Jingthing

Define, visit the beach. I don't enjoy just sitting there and frying anymore. However, I like to walk around there, sit and have a drink, hang out, etc. quite often. Perhaps if it the water was clean enough to swim in I would feel differently. I think you are on to something with your theory though. Its true about anywhere really.

Jing

i agree with you,as i voted more for walking most days along beach rd,Pattaya and Jomtien.The only time i sit on the beach is when we go more towards Sattahip,Bangsaen,etc etc

Define, visit the beach. I don't enjoy just sitting there and frying anymore (spending hours there). However, I like to walk around there, sit and have a soft drink on a bench, hang out for a half an hour (enjoying the breezes and people watching), etc. quite often.

Yes, I completely agree with you. I hinted at this in the first poll option: "Almost everyday; if only a stroll along a beach or beach road; it's great."

So, yes, enjoying the beach does NOT have to mean sitting in a deck chair or even swimming in it. Picking Jomtien or Beach Road for a morning stroll/jog and enjoying the views and the fresh air *definitely* counts. (If you don't look at the sea or it does nothing for you or you visit Beach Road primarily for other purposes then it does not count however. :) )

Note that (almost) any kind of water sports or water related activity also counts.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I know there is no beach in CM but funny you should post this in the Pattaya forum...maybe how often do people go to the riverside :D

I have lived in Patts for years and still enjoy it very much but not for the girls but for the general resort ambiance, the wide selection of food in all price ranges, the interesting people watching (ok..I enjoy watching ting-tong foreigners acting silly [and stupid]) when on holiday, and I do scuba dive (but rarely in Pattaya). Enjoy the beach for a stroll along the "Malecon" at sunset once in awhile (the people watching thing) and ending up at the Pattaya Beer Garden for a view of the Bay at dusk and a drink.

As for the other bars and gogos...hardly ever anymore...would rather shoot myself in the head than sit in bar with blaring music thorugh a bad sound system and watching farm girls shuffle around semi-nud_e on stage :)

I think everyone should be welcome in all regional forums if you have something to say. If you are just here to diss Pattaya, as so many non-Pattaya people love to do for strange psychological reasons of their own, um, not so welcome.

I think everyone should be welcome in all regional forums if you have something to say. If you are just here to diss Pattaya, as so many non-Pattaya people love to do for strange psychological reasons of their own, um, not so welcome.

Agree completely...my post was not meant to diss Winnie...who's posts are always interesting wherever they appear :D

It is rather funny, however, that the Pattaya sub-forum seems to get allot of posts from visitors residing in other areas of LOS...I guess our "extreme city" forum is more lively and interesting than some of these other more sedate cities and their forums :)

Edited by FarangBuddha

Agree completely...my post was not meant to diss Winnie...who's posts are always interesting wherever they appear :D

It is rather funny, however, that the Pattaya sub-forum seems to get allot of posts from visitors residing in other areas of LOS...I guess our "extreme city" forum is more lively and interesting than some of these other more sedate cities and their forums :)

Yes definitely. :D Pattaya is the place I visit most often when I'm not in Chiang Mai. It's just such a convenient hop from the airport to catch some sea views and the above mentioned resort atmosphere. And some bars of course, though I usually don't visit South Pattaya unless someone makes me.

and ending up at the Pattaya Beer Garden for a view of the Bay at dusk and a drink.

Is that the new bar center on Walking Street? Was rather nice, if a bit sterile. But nice sea views.

EDIT: Woops, I guess Google is my friend: pattayabeergarden. Looks VERY nice, I'll definitely step by there. (So I guess I will be going to South Patters after all. :D ) When does it get going? I kind of like daytime venues.

Edited by Rimmer
URL edited out by RIMMER

The wife loves fresh seafood and spent her youth going to Pattaya with her family to enjoy it. ( she's from BangSue)

So, now I have to go at least every other month ( we used to live in CM but now out in the sticks 2 hrs away from Pattaya ) and let her dine on fresh crab.

Never hit the bars but this last visit we sat in front of the " Cocktail Bus " ( the one out in front of Villa Market ) and I proceded to get quite shitfaced on White Russians while watching those Russians...

It's going to be another visit in a few weeks and I have sworn off those..nasty hangover.

Lived here for over 6 years and still appreciate the place.I suppose i have the same mentality as in uk,when i worked,just visit the bars a couple of times a week and dont like to drink too much.

Still feel like i am on a long holiday but feel much more relaxed,as i can do anything i like tomorrow lol

Lucky bastard :D:D

26 more months for me :)

pattayabeergarden. Looks VERY nice, I'll definitely step by there. (So I guess I will be going to South Patters after all. :D ) When does it get going? I kind of like daytime venues.

It's open from mid-morning for breakfast and all the day long till 2 a.m. (I think). Clientele changes throughout the day...I would say gets going mid to late afternoon and sometimes fills-up for the sunset viewing. Great after sundown as well with great views of the twinkling lights of Pattaya and the boats on the bay and the Pattaya City "Hollywood" sign :)

Edited by FarangBuddha

Lucky bastard :D:D

26 more months for me :)

Hope the 26 months go very quick.Are you retiring????

Define, visit the beach. I don't enjoy just sitting there and frying anymore (spending hours there). However, I like to walk around there, sit and have a soft drink on a bench, hang out for a half an hour (enjoying the breezes and people watching), etc. quite often. Perhaps if it the water was clean enough to swim in I would feel differently. Also, I live close, if I had to make an effort to get to the water, I would probably stay longer when I did. I think you are on to something with your theory though. Its true about anywhere really.

My sentiments exactly! But my drink is usually a nice cold Chang!