Water Turned Off The The Next 7 Days?

swain

Water has been off and on for the past three days. Now we are informed that the water will be off the next 7 days while they work on the pipes. In the middle of a heat wave they are turning the water off.. and not only turning it off but keeping it off for the next week. We called up and complained and the person that talked to us said what could she do all she does is answer the phones and no one else was there to talk to us.

TIT.... this one is a hard to deal with... I don't bother getting angry anymore though... otherwise my blood pressure would be sky high.

Edited by swain

Wow that's ridiculous. Better get about a dozen of those 20 Baht 19 liter bottles of water for bathing, etc.

7 days??? Completely ridiculous. In other countries they would set up some kind of temporary supply diverted from somewhere else. Really sorry to hear that. Maybe get a hotel room!

Where I live there are at least 3 moo bans including mine where there has been NO water for a month now and it is unlikely to come back for another month.

I have pick up truck with a 1,300 litre water tank and so far in the last 2 weeks I have gone to the klong and taken about 20,000 litres out to use for the house and my wife's shop and restaurant.

It happens every 4 or 5 years and in the future it will happen more often.

Get some water storage and be ready for when it happens.

Think how many people are staying where you are and work out how much water you actually use every day.

Go for a pee, 2 or 300 millilitres, flush it away and use 3 or 4 litres.

Where I live there are at least 3 moo bans including mine where there has been NO water for a month now and it is unlikely to come back for another month.

I have pick up truck with a 1,300 litre water tank and so far in the last 2 weeks I have gone to the klong and taken about 20,000 litres out to use for the house and my wife's shop and restaurant.

Think how many people are staying where you are and work out how much water you actually use every day.

Sorry to hear about your plight. We recently had no water for just a day and were lost, can only imagine what you must be suffering.

What part of CM do you stay and what are the names of the affected moo bans....

Good luck ....

Sorry to hear about your plight. We recently had no water for just a day and were lost, can only imagine what you must be suffering.

Best off bunging a blue tank in the yard (if you have one), plus pump. A 2 cube will last a while if you go easy.

Best off bunging a blue tank in the yard (if you have one), plus pump. A 2 cube will last a while if you go easy.

Anyone know how much a small tank and a pump would cost?

Pump about 5000 and the Tank the same so ruffly 10000 baht

Pump about 5000 and the Tank the same so ruffly 10000 baht

For about 15,000 baht if the water table is high enough you can put a small bore and pump in which would definitely supply your needs. If the house is yours (wife's) I wouldn't be playing around.

I live in Hang Dong my bore hole goes down 60m! Water starts around 45 . . .

There's a shop, on the right, about 500m after the Big C intersection going out of town , opposite the turn for Moo Baan Wang Tan

right about where the big Sony sign is.

They're advertising a 700l tank and pump for 6900 baht (doesn't include installation)

phone number is . . . 086 922 7217 Waterfresh. little bit of English spoken

I have no connection with this company, other than he installed our system and it's still running fine after a year!

our borehole and tank and pump cost around 100,000 baht, so, not a cheap option!

David

Edited by DavidOxon

Bore water is a great option, depending on exactly where you are in Chiangmai. The water table (read effluent level ok for gardens) is at about five metres here, as my neighbour sunk one a while back.

You can get a pilot bore sunk quite cheaply to ascertain if it is worth sinking a well or a fully plumbed bore.

I live in Hang Dong my bore hole goes down 60m! Water starts around 45 . . .

There's a shop, on the right, about 500m after the Big C intersection going out of town , opposite the turn for Moo Baan Wang Tan

right about where the big Sony sign is.

They're advertising a 700l tank and pump for 6900 baht (doesn't include installation)

phone number is . . . 086 922 7217 Waterfresh. little bit of English spoken

I have no connection with this company, other than he installed our system and it's still running fine after a year!

our borehole and tank and pump cost around 100,000 baht, so, not a cheap option!

David

Not a cheap option? It is if you have NO water.

What part of CM do you stay and what are the names of the affected moo bans....

Good luck ....

Please accept my apology as I don't live in the far north but in the central region down near Khampaeng Phet.

What is driving me crazy is that in the big village/small town at Klong Lan there is water up to about1 km outside.

My wife's shop and restaurant is 3 km the other side of me and they have water but the bit in the middle.

Nada.

I normally have 20 ongs each with about 1,500 litre capacity but foolishly I let them get too low and now I am a bit screwed.

This years plan is to dig an underground tank of something like 80,000 litres and move 8 ongs to the shop as she ran out this year as well.

Normally there are 4 of us at home but her niece and nephew have been here since late March, a friends son came around the same time and 6 more of the family came for Songkran.

All from Bangkok and have no idea of water conservation.

No wonder I don't have much hair left and I drink a lot. :)

~

Hmm, as a BIKER, I only bathe once a month and crap in the yard so cannot imagine that I will even notice... :)

Excellent savings! But you may have to face having to limit your bathing days to every second month. But if the heat is too much and you find you cannot really stand yourself (however unlikely that may seem), there is always the possibility to buy a few beers and pour over your head. How does that sound? I know that may sound terrible to many, throwing away good beer but sometimes you have to make sacrifices.

Edited by Tanaka