Back To Back Non Imm B Visas, What Next?

Hi everyone,

I know everyone reads hundreds of these and I really appreciate your help. I will try and lay my question out simply:

• Uk citizen with British passport, already stayed in Thailand for 11 months
  • First 5 months on Tourist Visa I got from UK before I left (2 60 day entries and 30 days extension)
  • Went to Laos got a 3 month Non Imm B visa
  • Company never organised work permit so I left, started with new company and got paperwork for Non Imm B again (plus letter from old company explaining they never gave me a work permit) from Laos for another 3 months.
  • Soon this expires..STILL no work permit (got to love it!) so got to go back to Laos.

I am thinking I am highly unlikely to get a third consequetive Non Imm B from Laos without even having applied for a work permit (not my fault but still..).

If I just apply for a double entry tourist visa will there be any issue?

What do you think my chances of getting a Non Imm B actually are, and if they reject me can I just get a tourist visa instead or is that it, I am screwed an not allowed back in?

Thanks as always everyone for taking the time to read and answer my questions.

Seb

Edited by sebscala

STILL no work permit

can u tell us who u "work" for so we can avoid them in the future ?

Just companies that are always "restructuring" and can't quite find the time to get a Work Permit just at this moment. Usual story so I have heard....

yes you see

work permits costs money and means the company has to be 2million baht registered for every permit..

also reams of paper work and who knows? you may quit after 9 months - so there are a few grey areas as to getting a WP and its benefits..

My advice - next time get a non B business visa and do a cambodia trip every 3 months... how to get one? ask your company to write you a letter...

Then you have 15 months to pester them and convince them that you are a good worker - and you can get a work permit on a non B visa - so your golden!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if I can get this "non B business visa" from Vientienne doing a standard visa run? (I always go with Claudio - similar to Jacks Golf)

I can easily get any letter I need from my company but is it possible to get this 12 month (I know you can stretch these to 15 with cleverly timed visa runs) visa after my two 3 month Non Imm B visas?

I have never heard of this visa before, I thought you had to actually get the work permit first and then apply for the 12 months. Although this is so confusing I am not pretty much lost.

Thanks for anyone who can clear this up.