Moving Belongings From Bkk To Chiang Rai

nickjam

Dear Folks

I'll be moving up to CR and wanted to pick people's brains on how you got your stuff up north. I've done a couple of in-Bangkok moves before and the process is fairly painless and cheap. Does anyone know of a reputable removal company that covers all Thailand? I've not got huge amounts of stuff, just a bit too much to fit in the back of a 4x4. Obviously it's a 2 day job what with the mileage involved.

I'm considering the option of renting a van but then you've got the problem of returning it. I heard that the train might be a possibility but so far have got nowhere with my enquiries.

If anyone's got experience of doing this and has a moving up north masterplan with approximate costings I'd be super grateful.

Cheers

Nick

Nim See Seng, i believe is the name of the company, located on Phaholyotin, (in town)

Cheap and correct, i payd for a footbaltable (kicker) 500 bath from Bangkok to Chiang Rai.

Erg is right and believe it or not Thai Post will move anything that you care to pack reasonably. Suggest carrying your own breakables and posting all the soft stuff.

Welcome to Chiang Rai

Edited by AjarnP