90 Day Reporting

I am due for my 90 days report on 18th May. But I am going abroad on 23rd may.

We are allowed to report up to 7 days before and after the date. So I will be leaving within the seven days after

Do I still have to still report?

Similar question; I went to Singapore and filled out an entry card with my address when I came back into Thailand on April 22. I am scheduled to report in May. Does my April 22 re-entry with an address count as a report? Am I good until July or do I still have to do a 90 day report in May?

Thank you

A friend has mentioned that the Chon Chom border are now charging 300b for the 'FREE' 90 day reporting process. Anyone have any documentary evidence to prove this is a free service??

Immigration fees are listed here: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=fee

Just scrolldown the center screen. As you can see there is no fee listed.

He can also call the immigration or government information line: 1111 and ask about it. But when you don't get a receipt, something is wrong.

You do 90 day reports at an immigration office - not at a border crossing - so perhaps they are providing a courier service? Or is that a full service immigration office?

Kap Cheung Office closed down and the remaining office is 2 hour+ drive for most. The Chon Chom staff have been set-up to do 90 day reports in addition to the normal Border Control duties. I last went there in December an dit was free, but a friend has recently been informed of a fee charged.

Thats why I asked for advice.

Most offices accept mail 90 day reports if you do not want to make the trip.

You can report by mail to Bangkok, just have to include a stamped (5 Baht) self-addressed envelope:

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

Note that the website address (URL) says nov2004, but the address on that web page is the new one at Chaeng Wattana Road, so I understand the information is updated.

90 day reporting should be done at local immigration office. Most immigration offices will accept mail-ins, but a few will not. You cannot mail a 90 day report to Chaeng Wattana unless that is your reporting office. It just appears that Suan Phlu has been replaced with Chaeng Wattana on that webpage and nothing else has been updated to reflect immigration reporting changes that come into effect last year (or the return postage stamp, which is 10 baht).

90 day reporting should be done at local immigration office. Most immigration offices will accept mail-ins, but a few will not. You cannot mail a 90 day report to Chaeng Wattana unless that is your reporting office. It just appears that Suan Phlu has been replaced with Chaeng Wattana on that webpage and nothing else has been updated to reflect immigration reporting changes that come into effect last year (or the return postage stamp, which is 10 baht).

Thanks for the updated info.

I am due to do a 90 check in a Chong Chom and have been told they are asking for 300b for this service,I know 300b is cheaper than going all the way to Chok Chai but it was always free before at kap Choeng .I have sent 2 emails to the Immigration Bureau to ask them to confirm this charge but with no reply.If this is a tea money charge that means I will pay an extra 900b a year for my visa,if there are say 150+ westerners a year paying this,thats 135k+ a year.If I was to steal 135k from an Immigration Officer I would go to jail,just because it is taken in small amounts does not make it a less of an offence.What would TV members recommend I do if asked for this charge?

I have phoned Chok Chai and they do not do postal 90 day reports there, but when I asked Daw ( the nice lady there ) about the charge she said if I was asked to pay 300b ,write the name of the IM down and she will report him to her boss .

Thanks DAW

I have phoned Chok Chai and they do not do postal 90 day reports there, but when I asked Daw ( the nice lady there ) about the charge she said if I was asked to pay 300b ,write the name of the IM down and she will report him to her boss .

Thanks DAW

I understand that Chok Chai is not an immigration office, you should report to Chong Chom. The law allows for doing it by mail.

Chok Chai is where the Korat Immigration office is , it that serves Korat,Buriram and Surin. So where do you think I should sent my postal 90 day report if Chok Cai ( Korat Immigration Office ) refuses to do them ?