Abhisit Rejects Red Shirt Compromise Offer

misterjag

Thai PM rejects Red Shirts' Compromise

The Red Shirts had offered to extend their demand for immediate dissolution of the government for 30 days as long as elections were held within two months.

The prime minister says parliament must be dissolved when the time is right for Thailand.

"The 30-day concession is just aimed at getting the attention of foreign media. I don't think it is the answer to the problems," Mr Abhisit said.

"Tomorrow everything will become more clear when I and the army chief will jointly appear on my weekly television address.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/04...m?section=world

Thai Protesters Brace for Crackdown as Compromise Rejected

"Abhisit has ordered a crackdown on protesters within 48 hours, that is the information I have learned," said Red Shirt leader Nattawut Saikuar...

Mr Nattawut said the Reds would strip off the symbols of their allegiance - the red T-shirts and other garb they have sported for weeks - to help them fight back against the government.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-...x-1225857833919

Edited by misterjag

Our Killer PM is preparing a new mass killing of innocent people...who is the terrorist now???

I hope he acts swiftly to disperse these terrorists in what way he see's appropriate.

Do you really think there action for the past month was acceptable ?

The defence rests your honour !

Our Killer PM is preparing a new mass killing of innocent people...who is the terrorist now???

Killer PM? You mean Thaksin, yes?

Deaths relating to the 2003 war on drugs

See also: Policies of the Shinawatra administration#Anti-drug policies and Thaksin Shinawatra#Anti-drug policies

The government's antidrug war in 2003 resulted in more than 2,500 extrajudicial killings of suspected drug traffickers.[3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17] Prison conditions and some provincial immigration detention facilities are characterized as poor. In 2004 more than 1,600 persons died in prison or police custody, 131 as a result of police actions.

The Nation (an English-language newspaper in Thailand) reported on November 27, 2007:

"Of 2,500 deaths in the government's war on drugs in 2003, a fact-finding panel has found that more than half was not involved in drug at all. At a brainstorming session, a representative from the Office of Narcotics Control Board (ONCB) Tuesday disclosed that as many as 1,400 people were killed and labelled as drug suspects despite the fact that they had no link to drugs. ... Senior public prosecutor Kunlapon Ponlawan said it was not difficult to investigate extra-judicial killings carried out by police officers as the trigger-pullers usually confessed."[15][16]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_...03_war_on_drugs

If they lay down their weapons and walk away the reds don't have to die. They can still choose to obey the law and respect their fellow citizens, it's not too late. Arresting terrorists is the responsibility of the government in any society that respects law and order. People who fire grenades at civilians deserve to face justice and have no business walking the streets free. If they resist arrest and attack the police that's their own fault is they get hurt. Same as anywhere else.