Fox News

phuketsub

I have Phuket Cable TV in Phuket Town. Recently a notice has been streaming across the bottom of FoxNews channel stating that 'this channel will be migrating from this old frequency to a new one...please contact your cable TV operator to avail this channel from April 30' . I assume this means the end of FoxNews on Phuket Cable.

I wonder if KPP subscribers are getting the same message on FoxNews or any other channels.

If anyone knows please advise, thanks.

By the way, this is not intended to spark a debate on the relative merits of FoxNews channel, so please let's no go there... :)

Why do you "assume" this means the "end of Fox News on Phuket cable"?

Historically when any network changes it's frequency then the Thai cable company don't or can't update the new frequency for many months. I remember this happened with BBC World and it took the local cable companies months to reconnect. I expect the same thing when Fox News changes frequency, so maybe not the end of Fox, more like a disruption of service for a long time.

Usually when they start transmitting this message on the channel itself, it means the service has already migrated to the new transponder and is up and running there. So they either don't know, don't care, or can't upgrade (no hacked cards yet?)