Tot Connection Down

dave111223

My TOT connection only works for Thai websites (such as manager.co.th). Anything outside is not working (ie google.com, facebook.com, hotmail.com) all down.

The only way i can access this site, or any other site outside of Thailand is by connecting through a Thai proxy server. Called tech support they didn't seem to be aware of any major issues...

i had the same problem at home this morning. thought it might be deliberate as i live in the red shirt zone. at my office now on sathorn (also tot) but all working fine

That's what i was concerned about too. My wife suggested something about wanting to block a Taksin video broadcast last night...which normally would seem like a totally outlandish idea to bring the whole international connection down...but this is Thailand...i wouldn't put it past them.

Go figure, as i wrote this post then it started working again. It was out since yesterday afternoon. Strange.

Admin can close this thread.

TOT worked fine for me yesterday and so far today here in Bangkok...no interruptions/inability to reach any Thai or international web sites. I use the Goggle DNS. In fact, last night was working exceptionally speedy for international sites. Sounds like the problem may have been limited to your little part of Thailand or maybe your browser acting up. Who knows with the many, many, many things that can cause an internet connection not to work right.

Yeah, TOT ADSL went down last night. I live near north of Victory Monument. Was still down this morning but as of 10.30am today, it's back up. It was not a DNS problem, no packets were getting through (although I didn't test any IP addresses in Thailand).

I had urgent work to do, so I ended up dropping another 550 baht on my condo WiFi service. That worked last night but was down this morning. No idea if it's back up. I don't know what ISP the condo uses.

Maybe 'fake reds' put tyres on the pipe?

:)

My IpStar went down at 2000 Last night and I just got it back 5 minutes ago 1340. It was down 100 percent no web inside or outside of Thailand, but IpStar was working fine it just stopped at the ToT server like the account was suspended.