Pattaya Memorial Hospital--good For Cuts And Buises

gguy

Today I visited Pattaya International Hospital for some dental work.

I decided to walk home for some exercise. Unfortunately, I tripped on a missing brick in the pavement and fell down face first. My arm and knee were cut and bruised. My arm and knee started to swell.

Since I was equidistant betwwen PIH and Pattaya Memorial, I decided to try Pattaya Memorial. I do not think I really needed to go to the ER but the arm was dripping blood and I was about 1 km from home. Anyway the ER could professional clean the wound.

My bill was 1300 baht. 600 baht for the doctor who looked at me for about 15 seconds and suggested I get an xray which I declined. The rest was for ER room, wound treatment and dressing, and some medicine.

I was treated immediately and the personnel were very nice.

All in all not a bad experience. In USA, bill would have been 20,000 to 40,000 baht.

I would recommend Pattaya Memorial for small emergencies like mine.

Edited by gguy

Banglamung would have been far cheaper,the doctors and nurses can speak English

If you going to recommend other hospitals, how about giving us more info.

How much is "far cheaper"? Where exactly is it and how would you recommend he get there? How much would it have cost him to go there?

I have nothing but goodness to say about pattaya memorial, I landed there about 2 weeks ago with what I thought was piles, throbbing, aching and I was close to tears, the doc didn't bother to tell me it wasn't piles he just gave me a jab up the bum and lanced the carbunkle to relieve the pressure.

total cost 2,500 baht, you'd pay a lot more than that to have someone look up your bum and give you a jab(even in boystown) and i would have paied 10 times the amount just to stop that pain! :)

How much is "far cheaper"? Where exactly is it and how would you recommend he get there? How much would it have cost him to go there?

Naklua, off Naklua Road,just past Naklua market,turn right after it. It would I estimate be a third of the private hospitals in Pattaya,probably far less.It is about 5 KM from Dolphin roundabout, baht bus would more than likely go that way.

All good information thank you everyone. Which hospitals would you NOT recommended? which ones are just cash traps?

The only hospital I had to go to was one in Si Ratcha, and couldn't believe how good a service we received, the doc actually appologised for making us wait 10 whole minutes before being seen, my son had sun burn that had started to weep

Compared to the Queens medical centre in Nottingham Blighty, I got knifed a couple of years ago and I had to sit around for 6 hours in a pool of my own blood with a broken arm before being seen, when I complained that I'd been there for four hours I was warned that abusive behaviour would not be tolerated etc by a stuck up cow that I reckon took great pleasure in watching people suffer.

Naklua, off Naklua Road,just past Naklua market,turn right after it. It would I estimate be a third of the private hospitals in Pattaya,probably far less.It is about 5 KM from Dolphin roundabout, baht bus would more than likely go that way.

You do realise that the OP is bruised and bleeding and probably in considerable pain. He has the choice of a nearby hospital or trying to catch a baht bus which "more than likely go that way". This is not really the time to be running around Chonburi Province looking for a 500 baht saving.

Here we go again,to what degree was he cut and bruised? could he walk and talk?was he unconscious? did a ambulance come pick him up initially?could he have got a taxi? did he know this hospital (obviously you did not)?Where did the accident take place,obviously there are many hospitals within a short radius of Pattaya,did he go to the nearest?Who said anything about a 500 Baht saving?,of course you did when you haven't a clue about charging.

Just get your facts in perspective before you go blabbering

If I were the OP I'd have stopped in a clinic. There was probably one nearby to where the injury occurred, certainly closer than Pattaya Memorial. It was a standard injury, no problem for any clinic doc to handle, and the bill would've been a lot less.

To get to Banglamung Hsp would have required a couple of baht bus rides (and getting on the RIGHT baht bus that goes to Naklua). Not really practical in this case, baht bus. Motorbike taxi would've been best, coulda been there in 10 min. But I dunno about the emergency service at Banglamung. Maybe it would have been fast enough, but then again it may have been crowded and slow. Undoubtedly it would have been cheap, though.

Here we go again,to what degree was he cut and bruised? could he walk and talk?was he unconscious? did a ambulance come pick him up initially?could he have got a taxi? did he know this hospital (obviously you did not)?Where did the accident take place,obviously there are many hospitals within a short radius of Pattaya,did he go to the nearest?Who said anything about a 500 Baht saving?,of course you did when you haven't a clue about charging.

Did you actually read the Opening Post before you started blabbering?

Since I was equidistant betwwen PIH and Pattaya Memorial, I decided to try Pattaya Memorial. I do not think I really needed to go to the ER but the arm was dripping blood and I was about 1 km from home. Anyway the ER could professional clean the wound.

(That's some pretty heavy blabbering there)

I asked you some simple, yet important questions. For example: how does a person get to Banglamung hospital? All you could offer was that maybe a baht bus will go there.

Obviously transport options and costs come into the equation here considering you tout Banglamung as a cheaper option.

Edited by tropo