How Far Away From Current Troubles Is Mo Chit Bus Station

nong38

I was hoping to get a mini bus into Mo Chit bus station and then getting a bus to the airport, how far is this bus station from current rally sites and is the onwards transfer to the airport by bus a safe option? I need to make arrangements next week and appreciate things can change, but as things stand, bus from Mo Chit to airport 550 or 555?

Thanks for any sensible thoughts. :)

I dont understand why you would want to bother with a bus though, when the taxi's are so reasonable, door to door in air-conditioning.

Surely if you can afford to fly then you can afford 200 or so baht. And if you are worried by the red shirt thing, the taxi's all steer well clear of them.

HL :)

I am using the Mo-chit bus station all the time for my customers at the moment. It is fine, well organised, tons of taxi's and i agree with a previous poster, it would take a long time to get to the airport on a hot, smelly bus. Take a taxi, including the expressway, around 300-350B.

Have a safe trip.

I am using the Mo-chit bus station all the time for my customers at the moment. It is fine, well organised, tons of taxi's and i agree with a previous poster, it would take a long time to get to the airport on a hot, smelly bus. Take a taxi, including the expressway, around 300-350B.

Have a safe trip.

Or if money is a big issue go on the BTS MoChit to On Nut (40baht) about 35 minutes and take a taximeter from there 200 baht about 30 minutes

After such a long time travelling, i too don't see the point in going out the way to take a bus to save no more than 10 US bucks. Plus don't forget you have to wait for a bus outside Suvarnabhumi to take you to the bus depot (another 20 mins) and then wait again for your bus to Morchid.

As for the red protests, the only ones you will see at Morchid, will be like you waiting for a bus! Morchid is not and won't be the site of any protests.

Personally I would take the number 3 from mo chit to kao san rd for 20 bhat and then get the airport bus which is just as fast and comfortable as a taxi for 150 bhat

But thats because Im cheap...and I dont give a shit where the reds are

Edited by devaram

Personally I would take the number 3 from mo chit to kao san rd for 20 bhat and then get the airport bus which is just as fast and comfortable as a taxi for 150 bhat

But thats because Im cheap...and I dont give a shit where the reds are

no, you are expensive - for 35 baht you can go by the public bus from mochit to the airport for some 35 baht. You are back 20+150-35= 135 baht (plus lost time on going round way and waiting for connections).

a public bus is not as comfortable as a taxi - as a sole traveller on an airport bus from khaosan I did not find it more comfortable than bus full of passengers. Bumpy, slow and noisy (even airport buses are 20 years old)

Thank you all for your comments and advice it is much apprecieated. Sadly the news coverage from the uk seems to paint a terrible picture of Thailand, I fly back to the Uk friday and will be back before to long.

• 3 weeks later...