Mods

Desertexile

MiG16:
with work if I put in at least 8 hours a day (thats one third of my life)

funny you see it that way.

8 hours in a day are for me 80% of my usable time.

roughly:

- 8 hours of sleep

- 2 hours of hygiene tasks

- 2 hours of eating

- 2 hours of transport

= 10 remaining hours for work & leisure...

Im a simple gal tgw :) so I think in simple terms

24 hour days

- 8 hours work

- 8 hours sleep

- 8 hours everything else (eat, commute, leisure, exercise)

= 1/3rd :D

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ladyboy69:
most of the peiole on this forum can be very rude at times, towards each over, but would not do so too a member off the mod team. why?

but, yes i agree we do need them.

Isn't it obvious why?

The Admins and the Mods run this place and deserve respect on the public forum.

You can complain privately to them without showing respect if you so wish.

To be rude to them in a public area is not just a lack of respect, it is an insult that calls for a sanction.

People who are rude with me on my forums get banned for life.

And I got all the necessary tools to detect alternate usernames, connections by proxy or anonymizing services...

are you looking for a job on thaivisa forum.

the people are what makes a fourm, are you looking for long term members or browsers.

its all about keeping your members happy, depending on hits.

It's obvious you have never run a forum.

Believe it or not, the long term members don't directly generate meaningful ad revenue.

The occasional browsers are those who click on ads.

The long term members who have the feeling that they own the forum are the worst group of users in general.

Money, power, and special mod-only bar girls. At least that's the rumor on the streets.

dam_n, the secret's out :)

Under the secret Mod and Admin code I must now kill you. Do you have a last request (nothing involving SBK and her whip I'm afraid)?

agree to disagree, information would be the main reason for this forum, as to the wright information who knows, with many people with there own opinions. wanting to be heard conflicts will euchre.

one problem being knowing when to inter fear.

The Mod song by Optimus Rhyme and appears on the album School the Indie Rockers (2006).Optimus Rhyme:Obey The Moderator

Obey The Moderator "I agree to accept the following terms and regulations put forth by the administrators of this community and blah blah blah... I accept."

Hey

Listen up newbie, we gotta get a few things straight

Who these people are, that can wait

This is my board, my world, my space

I wrote every rule, you gotta read 'em, OK?

Cool, I guess that's it man, we straight

And if you need something I'll be up kinda late

Like two, see that's when it gets bad

People start flaming and everybody's mad

That's when I gotta bust out the ban

Trust me man, some of these people just can't stand one another

So I gotta cover up a scandal

Nah, dude, I can't let you know my AIM handle

Drop it, I grab your IP and block it

If you can't stay on topic, you got it?

If I wanna lock it there's no way you can stop me

Confident, cocky, the cubicle jockey

(Hook)

Obey the moderator, create a state of calm

Scan sentences and announce who's wrong

You are the troller, one week ban

I know your other screen name man

Obey the moderator, I cater to the regs

Hook 'em up with handles and float all the threads

You are the liar, permanent ban

I'll nullify your password man

[Why don't you tell 'em about your sig, kid]

[Yeah yeah, tell 'em about your sig!]

My sig's kinda big but it's tasteful

Might blink a bit, 80 K, there's no way that I be wasteful

People get hateful, but hey, it ain't new to me

It can get crazy in this community

Dude, you gotta unlock your caps

Never argue; I'd better walk with you straight to the FAQs

Even then they never relax, it's all grudges

From six months back, still nobody budges

The worst? Hackers, scum of the earth

Attack us and laugh as we back up with work

But whatever, I got an upgrade up my sleeve

Trade off sleep for new security

It's part of the job I don't mind it

And if you break a rule better believe that I'll be the one to find it

I'm tracking down every last duplicate account

I'm on my way to admin, there's never been a doubt

I see that you are new to the community

And soon to be a troubling influence

So you really should be listening.......

And that includes you silly man, IMO...

Edited by MB1

ladyboy69:
most of the peiole on this forum can be very rude at times, towards each over, but would not do so too a member off the mod team. why?

but, yes i agree we do need them.

Isn't it obvious why?

The Admins and the Mods run this place and deserve respect on the public forum.

You can complain privately to them without showing respect if you so wish.

To be rude to them in a public area is not just a lack of respect, it is an insult that calls for a sanction.

People who are rude with me on my forums get banned for life.

And I got all the necessary tools to detect alternate usernames, connections by proxy or anonymizing services...

are you looking for a job on thaivisa forum.

the people are what makes a fourm, are you looking for long term members or browsers.

its all about keeping your members happy, depending on hits.

Believe it or not, the long term members don't directly generate meaningful ad revenue.

The long term members who have the feeling that they own the forum are the worst group of users in general.

This is the only forum on which I mod, and one of only two I regularly visit, so it is interesting for me to read the views of someone who mods somewhere else.

Seriously, not a fluff answer. I did get a whip. The shoes are mine. :D

And lets do try to stay on topic without me having to bring it out, shall we? :D

(slaps, I've you got you figured out, you shan't be getting the whip at all :) )

And lets do try to stay on topic without me having to bring it out, shall we? :D

(slaps, I've you got you figured out, you shan't be getting the whip at all :) )

I knew there was more... :D

SBK, he knows about the cattle-prod .......... I thought that was our secret :D

SBK, he knows about the cattle-prod .......... I thought that was our secret :D

:D

What the one with the different attachments

No I didn't mean that

:D

Brilliant points folks - especially from the Mods.

An intellectually honest and loyal MOD who demands no money or other privileges to do the job is precious.

Very much so and thats about as close as anyone has come to the question posed. Though your point is more how I would have thought the owner would respond.

Question stands if anyone is game to answer.

How do you feel about offering your labour on a voluntary basis to a 'for profit' business?
Edited by Desertexile

It's nice to have a light-hearted banter, particularly with the stress of recent weeks.

Of course, it could all be a Cunning Plan (not seen Baldrick for a while) with 8 out of the 15 online mods/admin viewing this topic all hel_l could break loose elsewhere and nobody would notice (yes we do know about multiple tabs) :)

At ThaiVisa you need to attend one of their recruitment sessions, mostly held at a secret location.

Below are photos secretly shot at a recruitment session in Chiang Mai.

The 2 guys: were successful candidates out of 2760 applicants and accepted as Thaivisa mods.

post-96287-1272561875_thumb.jpg

post-96287-1272561919_thumb.jpg

I would suggest that a major contribution to being a Mod would be putting something back into an organisation that they have benefitted from.

So the fact that they are a voluntary brigade in a profit making organisation is perhaps viewed differently than in a materialistic stand point, you might surmise payment in kind, like recompense in information, or help when required, perhaps the fact that giving something could be viewed as a return on contribution.

Perhaps being part of a team has a motivational kickback, Hertzberg and Mayo would probably agree and when you go Blue you have reached the limit of self actualisation of the pyramid of needs.

But then it could just be the Whip :)

I somewhat disagree with the above.

I cast my mind back to the days when I was a barman/cellarman in a 'Bowling Club' (Australia). All of the regulars would constantly rant, "If it wasn't for us, you wouldn't have a job."

They were correct as they were the ones who provided the steady but low level turnover required to keep the place alive. If the 'club' relied totally upon 'discos' etc, which were spurious, the place would close within a month or two. Notwithstanding this, the spurious 'discos' injected much needed funds into the business, although such things were unreliable as far as projected revenue was concerned.

I will never be a mod on TV for some very simple reasons...I reject most forms of diplomacy, except if it is admitting that I am wrong. I enjoy the 'hard truth' far too much. Being 'outspoken' does have it's consequences, which I'm fully prepared to accept.

To me, 'being nice' is much more difficult than telling the truth, especially since I don't have a mind like a steel trap.

Unfortunately, I sometimes (probably a lot) leave emotion out of my responses, which can come across as 'negative'. If I wish to be negative, I usually make it clear that I am being so.

I wish the mods the best of luck. It is, afterall, a thankless job that requires a considerable amount of personal time...and dealing with people like myself, can't be easy.

:)

I would suggest that a major contribution to being a Mod would be putting something back into an organisation that they have benefitted from.

So the fact that they are a voluntary brigade in a profit making organisation is perhaps viewed differently than in a materialistic stand point, you might surmise payment in kind, like recompense in information, or help when required, perhaps the fact that giving something could be viewed as a return on contribution.

Perhaps being part of a team has a motivational kickback, Hertzberg and Mayo would probably agree and when you go Blue you have reached the limit of self actualisation of the pyramid of needs.

But then it could just be the Whip :D

In my case it was the free T shirt :)

Although I've locked horns occasionally with a few mods, I respect the job they do. And, I do appreciate when they actually post something. I believe the moderators are no different than anyone else who contributes to forums on a regular basis... they get some pleasure from it or they wouldn't do it. I get pleasure out of helping others, and I'm sure it is the same with the mods. It is only natural that people will make assumptions from what people post on an open forum. It's also true that some of those assumptions will be false. And, nobody is right all the time just as it's true that they aren't wrong all the time either.

I come to the forums as a form of socializing when I'm stuck working on the computer (I'm a writer). The only down side is I tend to waste too much time replying to questions where there is no definitive answer.

And, you couldn't get me to be a moderator if you paid me.

Being a Moderator on the forum does require some responsibilities.

You do not moderate a topic or post because you do not like it.

There has to be some control over the content.

Eg. Defamatory statements (libel). Compliance with the Laws and Legislation of the country where the server is located.

Political views, eg, discussion of the Monarchy in Thailand.

Content that may be morally undesirable.

Contents that encourage sedition.

And thats about it.

Remember there is no such thing as pure "free speech" it does not exist in practice.

Edited by david96

Whips and chocolate

I wish!! :)

as I said before --- Ive been ripped off!! only SBK gets the whip. (which I can kinda live with....) but no chocolates????? grrrrrrrrr

ohhh wait....I did get chocolates once :D

thankyou Maestro :D

(but it was soooooooooooo long ago, Im not sure I can remember what chocolates taste like anymore :D )

It's nice to have a light-hearted banter, particularly with the stress of recent weeks.

Of course, it could all be a Cunning Plan (not seen Baldrick for a while) with 8 out of the 15 online mods/admin viewing this topic all hel_l could break loose elsewhere and nobody would notice (yes we do know about multiple tabs) :D

Nicely avoided....... :)