Hua Hin Housing Sales

We have just returned home to the Uk after an extended trip in Hua Hin, I notice there is loads of houses that are very expensive considering land space ect and close to other properties, would you buy any where now.

Exchange rates very low

Political siituation

General world wide economy

Lots more to consider also, or is it a time to use the cheap prices as not much is selling and grab a bargain while it is cheap ????????????????

Hi I live in Hua Hin, and have a business,

It astonishes me that people would buy simply a "dwelling" in Hua Hin when they are just dead money, clearly a lot of people have far more of the stuff to throw

around than moi! If you wanted a real property asset in the Hua Hin area look for something with real long term potential it needs to be able to generate income if you ever needed it to.

We left a (rented) property on a very nice development in Hua Hin partly because of regular break-ins. We could hear people moving around our property (outside) at night. We had to leave one light on to show the property was inhabited. But in our street almost all properties were empty and regularly burgled. Property boundary walls only 1.50m high made for easy access and a lot could be achieved between hourly security checks. Don't buy to rent in Hua Hin. there's too much property already empty and prices are plummeting.

P&M

Interesting, Hua Hin house owners and property developers seem to be in a world that makes them feel elite and protected against the economic problems surrounding the whole world, might be the power of the Royal Family and the Thai vested interest in Hua Hin that give the comfort levels and confidence, it might take a real hit soon. Hope it will not effect to many people but the one thing it might do is stop the extortionate costs of house, land and businesses. Also who knows it might just pass Hua Hin by the prices there for houses and land and most things are just still rising.

Interesting, Hua Hin house owners and property developers seem to be in a world that makes them feel elite and protected against the economic problems surrounding the whole world, might be the power of the Royal Family and the Thai vested interest in Hua Hin that give the comfort levels and confidence, it might take a real hit soon. Hope it will not effect to many people but the one thing it might do is stop the extortionate costs of house, land and businesses. Also who knows it might just pass Hua Hin by the prices there for houses and land and most things are just still rising.

Unfortunately many of the developers in Hua Hin have already made their money (and they prop up there preferred agents with huge commissions, to retain that air of a bouyant property market) so can afford to sit on their assets until they get the price they want (indefinitely), this is also true of the Thai landowners, so don't expect property prices to fall anytime soon, its just not in the Asian property culture for prices to fall! If you consider that land and houses cost next to nothing to keep empty (in real terms when your sitting on the 10,s or 100's of millions of baht you have already made), why sell something if you don't need the money? Welcome to the world of the "HiSo" Thai be they Thai or Foriegner! Once you've made it out here theres no stoppin ya!

Edited by rufanuf

There are some bargains to be had in Hua Hin especially on the resell market, especially with houses own by Brits who bought in early and now want to move back to the UK. Because of the current exchange rate they can sell with a discount and still come out with a small profit or at least break even. For the buyer these houses comes cheap compared what they cost new.

But as others have said, if you do not intend to live in Hua Hin permanently or for longer periods of time than wait and see is probably the best choice.

I can't understand why people would buy a house when you can't own the land, condos might be different, but term deposits in Australia are paying around 7%, virtually the same as most properties would yield if they were rented out anyway. And you get the benefit of getting your cash back 100%, not a property that will possibly depreciate in value.

I can't understand why people would buy a house when you can't own the land, condos might be different, but term deposits in Australia are paying around 7%, virtually the same as most properties would yield if they were rented out anyway. And you get the benefit of getting your cash back 100%, not a property that will possibly depreciate in value.

It might come as a surprise to you, but there are actually people who buy houses to live in, it is called a home.

Unless one is prepared to live permanently in Hua hin, and has good money to throw after bad especially when there are so many beautiful empty properties available available cheaply for long term rent, we rent a 3 bedroomed furnished bungalow with pool scooters and maid service if needed, on a secure estate near km marker243 on the petchkasem road for 650$ australian a month and that includes water and electricity and caretaker,we have it on long term lease the owner is in switzerland, spend a couple of weeks looking, around have some cards printed, in english, german and thai , if possible try not to be influenced by estate agents who are more interested in feathering their own nests, have patience set a plan ,what you are looking for what you are prepared to pay and stick to it!! hope this is of some help :)

It might come as a surprise to you, but there are actually people who buy houses to live in, it is called a home.

I rent a house, it's my home, I guess it's what you make of it

Have you ever lived in Thailand? I don't mean just coming here for a 2-3 month holiday. Living here is MUCH different than just visiting. If you have never lived in Hua Hin, I would recommend renting a place first. Prices are not going to go up that much in the short term. But....

I know plenty of people here who have made good money from their property investments. And plenty who have lost money. Same as where I come from, Las Vegas. You need to buy a quality property in a quality location...which means you will have to pay more than 1MM Baht for a tin can condo, 2km from the beach.

If you plan to live in it, and it will be your long-term home, and if you get a really good deal (i.e. 30-50% off listed price), then go for it! Thailand has a young population. Property is a limited commodity. Asian's are getting wealthier. IMHO, if you are committed, you are throwing money away renting. I am retired due to the money I made off my real estate investments. If I had rented, I would still be working.

Real estate will only go up in the future. History proves that. Even lousy real estate....and I do own some of that...hopefully will get my money back in 10 or 15 years... :)

I would avoid most Hua Hin hillside developments from foreign developers. This sector seems to be hardest hit and originally based on very speculative demand which has not materialized.

There are few good ones, but I still woudl go for a completed condo building anyway.

My family and I have just returned from a three week holiday in Hau Hin, we where there four years ago previously.

We paid 10,000bht for a 3 bed villa with pool and A/C for the month.

Four years ago the price was 25,000bht!

Hau Hin is flooded with empty new houses, maybe the developers should lower their asking prices to a more reasonable price! :)

Villas that are 3m bht should be 1m bht, why are they so greedy?

Who wants to live in a ghost town?