Mazda V Toyota Vios V Nissan March Vl

Will27

Hi gang.

Thinking of getting a car for the cook

and I. The price of used cars is pretty

high so looking at new.

I guess Toyota and Honda seem to be

the most popular amongst the little ones.

I haven't been to a show room yet but

have narrowed it down to the:

Mazda2 Spirit which is approx 640 000 Baht

Toyota Vios 1.5 ES at 639 000 Baht or out

of left field, the

Nissan March top of the range 1.2 VL for 537 000 Baht.

I know the Nissan is probably targeted at a different

market due to pricing but was wondering what a general

consensus is?

Have I missed something obvious?

How I miss my Golf VR6.

Any help, advice appreciated.

Regards

Will

Edited by Will27

Honda City, very good car for in the city and for longer distances. Ours is now 1 year old, has done 25.000 km and we get 13-14 km/liter in the city and 18 km/liter on the highway with longer trips. This is our second Honda City, never had any issues with both cars.

We have a Nissan Tiida Hatchback too, drives excellent but fuel consumption is slightly higher then the Honda City. The Tiida is a higher car then the City which gives a bit more interior space then the City, little handy detail from Tiida is that you can move the rear bench to create even more interior space. Tiida is 2,5 year old with 15.000 km, never had any issue with it.

Regards,

alex

The Toyota Vios G model is best value for your money, and gets great gas mileage compared to other models.

Barry

I would be wary of the Vios if you are tall. I was driving my cousin-in-law's around last week and my hair was brushing the ceiling. (I am 188cm)

The Jazz however, has lots of head room.

I think they're all pretty good these days. Probably comes down to personal preference. Me, I'm waiting delivery of my new Honda City. I've driven the city, Yaris and vios (all long distances) and I found the city the better car. It also looks good. I also think it has better more upto date dynamics. Both the Yaris and Vios have been around in their current guise, plus a few minor tweaks for a few years and in my opinion are beginning to look dated. But then again both are in the worlds top 10 most popular cars.

Mitsubishi also have a reasonable looking small car. Not sure what's it's called. But maybe worth a look.

I recently borrowed a friends Focus for a couple of days and had high expectations. Considering it got rave reviews overseas. it was okay to drive but for a larger compact I found it crampt. The blinker on the opposite side also drove me mad. No doubt you'd soon get used to that.

I haven't been to a show room yet but have narrowed it down to the:Mazda2 Spirit which is approx 640 000 BahtToyota Vios 1.5 ES at 639 000 Baht or out of left field, the Nissan March top of the range 1.2 VL for 537 000 Baht. I know the Nissan is probably targeted at a different market due to pricing but was wondering what a general consensus is? Have I missed something obvious?

The only things you've missed are;

1) the Vios has a 400liter boot (or trunk if you're American) while the March has room enough only for hand luggage.

2) I agree with you the March is targeted at a different market as it's an A-segment while the Vios is B-segment, however it's classified as an 'Eco-car' (can achieve combined 20km/litre) and so is taxed significantly less, which accounts for the price difference. It's a valuable saving.