Bangkok: Red-Shirts Slam Chulalongkorn Hospital For Evacuating Patients

webfact

Actually, I all the news, pictures and other stories about the UDD raid on the hospital is way over the top... it is too much.

In a way, the red's have a point. I am not saying they are right, but come on, the government is milking this story for all it is worth.

Enough already.

The government has to stop DISTRACTING people and deflecting the attention, and solve the dam_n problem.

Remove the protesters.

Sorry, I don't get your point- the coverage was over the top, but invading the hospital wasn't? Even though it violated the Geneva Convention? <deleted>???

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually, I all the news, pictures and other stories about the UDD raid on the hospital is way over the top... it is too much.

In a way, the red's have a point. I am not saying they are right, but come on, the government is milking this story for all it is worth.

Enough already.

The government has to stop DISTRACTING people and deflecting the attention, and solve the dam_n problem.

Remove the protesters.

Yea yeaa... just cause it's bad PR for the Reds.

REDS ARE THE PROBLEM.

Remember when the PAD cracked down with riot police during Mr.Samak’s administration, leaving two PAD fellows dead, and dozens of polices were brutally assaulted in October 2008?

The Chulalongkorn Hospital’s doctors (one also held position in Thai Red Cross), proclaimed he wouldn’t treat any sick, injured police officers at any cause. He said it was unacceptable that police officers used force against the PAD who surrounded the parliament house and threatened to kill the member of PPP inside.

people also say soldiers were moving in and ran off. more propaganda or just different propaganda

there is a thread running on a site not controlled by government

http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newmandala/2...native-account/

There is zero based on fact in that opinion piece. Even so, you are justifying one wrong by claiming there was another. "Whatever the Reds do is okay, because we can always dig up (insert new claim that the yellows did something X number of years ago)". What about responsibility for one's actions? Wait, I know what your reply is - "what about the yellows...?" This isn't about the yellows, its about the reds.

This is THE chance for the government to finally move in full force and end this occupation by a terrorist minority. All Thais I spoke to want this madness stopped once and for all and stopped NOW That includes a number of Isaanies by the way and mostly Bangkok Thai's

They will consider clearing the street???? they should be given one thing to consider - you want to live or die - you have 2 hours to get your ass n one of the supplied buses back to Isaan - only women and children of course -

Edited by Herm

Remember when the PAD cracked down with riot police during Mr.Samak's administration, leaving two PAD fellows dead, and dozens of polices were brutally assaulted in October 2008?

The Chulalongkorn Hospital's doctors (one also held position in Thai Red Cross), proclaimed he wouldn't treat any sick, injured police officers at any cause. He said it was unacceptable that police officers used force against the PAD who surrounded the parliament house and threatened to kill the member of PPP inside.

people also say soldiers were moving in and ran off. more propaganda or just different propaganda

There is zero based on fact in that opinion piece. Even so, you are justifying one wrong by claiming there was another. "Whatever the Reds do is okay, because we can always dig up (insert new claim that the yellows did something X number of years ago)". What about responsibility for one's actions? Wait, I know what your reply is - "what about the yellows...?" This isn't about the yellows, its about the reds.

you demostrate you have been here less than 2 years. this happen and only a newb will not know this.

welcome to thailand.

why don't you google. better than show you ignorant i think. ok I do it for you and see all posts from papers and blogs prove i right and you too lazy to look. just interested in propaganda.

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&source=...deca849cc30cb8e

this is google search i just did for you so you can improve what you know about this country.

For sure police remember this.... maybe thats why they stand there today laugh and take photos!!

Edited by viking75

Remember when the PAD cracked down with riot police during Mr.Samak's administration, leaving two PAD fellows dead, and dozens of polices were brutally assaulted in October 2008?

The Chulalongkorn Hospital's doctors (one also held position in Thai Red Cross), proclaimed he wouldn't treat any sick, injured police officers at any cause. He said it was unacceptable that police officers used force against the PAD who surrounded the parliament house and threatened to kill the member of PPP inside.

you demostrate you have been here less than 2 years. this happen and only a newb will not know this.

welcome to thailand.

Are you being deliberately obtuse? Netfan doesn't say this didn't happen, he says it does not give justification to the reds to say "well the Yellows did so and so, so we can"

Chula hospital are sticking to movbe back to Sarasin or the hospital cannot function. To date the reds have not

If the hospital doesn't give the green light they can start opening again today then Abhisit may be in big trouble and it might spell his end. He didn't leave any room for compromise in his promise of getting the job done today. It would be one thing if the authorities were in the midst of an action and it wasn't over. But clearly there has been no action except the police working a compromise with reds. I assume now to save face they are talking to the hospital to get them to reconsider the agreement they already made with the gov't on where they felt protesters needed to be moved to protect patients and staff.

If the army is refusing to take over from police then the next move is a coupe which will certainly put the country on the verge of a civil war because both the reds, yellows and every color will band together against the army in hope of international intervention.

Edited by jcbangkok

you demostrate you have been here less than 2 years.

To paraphrase, Netfan says two wrongs don't make a right. Are you saying that anyone who has lived in Thailand more than two years is not aware of this? Seems a strange thing to be saying.

To paraphrase, Netfan says two wrongs don't make a right. Are you saying that anyone who has lived in Thailand more than two years is not aware of this? Seems a strange thing to be saying.

Viking79 is alredy on my 'ignore user' list - he demonstrates no understanding of the arguments, the situation or rational argument. I'd rather spar with levelhead and winnie :):D

and i don't see any actions being under taken today since the army has shown it will not work in the rain or take on the reds again at night.

This really would make a great comedy movie ... sad but true. The whole premise of Thais not wanting to hurt Thais is a joke on so many levels. You've got reds hunkering down like savages with sharpened bamboo sticks and hiring mercenaries to shoot and bomb while the police beat the hel_l out of multi-colored shirts after the reds fire grenades on them and commuters. Then you also have a large and growing percentage of those in BKK who don't want to see the reds go .. they now say they want them dead. And a number of people saying this are folks you would never think in a million years would wish this on any human (as if being Thai makes a difference). If Thais are so against hurting any other Thai then why not open all the prisons and let all the Thais out.

What is the story with DAVID PURCELL, this Aussie ex-military man who is making speeches about how the government sucks and supporting the reds shirts? This, my friends, gives Australians a very very bad name!!!

So much for Americans being disgraceful.... this Aussie makes Americans look like God's gift to mankind! Man some Aussies are weird.

If the army is refusing to take over from police then the next move is a coupe which will certainly put the country on the verge of a civil war because both the reds, yellows and every color will band together against the army in hope of international intervention.

How do you figure that jc? The Yellows have been begging the gov't to declare martial law. The multi-colours will are yellows in another shirt. Only the reds will be against a coup. Do you remember the flowers and general feeling of relief when they got rid of Thaksin?

For my mind, a coup and a military gov't to oversee elections and constitutional reform may be the only answer. That'd be a REPEAT of what happened after 2006, only this time they need to:

- disband ALL parties - Pheua Thai, Democrat, etc etc

- repeal what's left of the 5-year ban on politicians from TRT dissolution (its nearly been 5 years anyway)

- arrest and imprison both Yellow and Red lawbreakers without any trial

- fire all police commanders who failed to do their duty over the last 7 weeks

- hunt down all rogue soldiers and stolen war weapons

- and finally set off a loud alarm clock to wake me up from such idealistic dreaming :)

Chula hospital are sticking to movbe back to Sarasin or the hospital cannot function. To date the reds have not

If the hospital doesn't give the green light they can start opening again today then Abhisit may be in big trouble and it might spell his end. He didn't leave any room for compromise in his promise of getting the job done today. It would be one thing if the authorities were in the midst of an action and it wasn't over. But clearly there has been no action except the police working a compromise with reds. I assume now to save face they are talking to the hospital to get them to reconsider the agreement they already made with the gov't on where they felt protesters needed to be moved to protect patients and staff.

Abhisit has put this all on the police. You get the hospital backopen is his message. This fits with the general disgust among neutrals that the police did nothign and then didnt arrest anyone in the first place. He is trying to emabrrass them into doing something. As you say they have cut a deal with their red mates but the hospital is saying not enough and that they want all their premises clear of the reds, which is actually fair enough. However will the police do any more than their little half way job and will Abhisit be able to do anythign about it? How will it paly out in PR too? Many unanswered questions. But why shoudl the hospital change its condition? They are the ones responsible for innocents in both patients and workers and they have been violated.

And the police are allowing the reds to bring in extra cement blocks to fortify their position. The police basically seem to be in open rebellion against the government now and more to the point totally unwilling even to protect citizens if it contradicts what the reds want.

Edited by hammered

What is the story with DAVID PURCELL, this Aussie ex-military man who is making speeches about how the government sucks and supporting the reds shirts? This, my friends, gives Australians a very very bad name!!!

So much for Americans being disgraceful.... this Aussie makes Americans look like God's gift to mankind! Man some Aussies are weird.

backpacker-turned-sexpat-down-on-his-luck-trying to make a name for himself. He'll be writing a book about when he gets out of prison, will be a minor celebrity, probaby appearing on some reality TV show in 2011, and hope to god he doesn't make a pop song so we can all forget he existed in a short a time as possible.

Some people are an embarrassment to Existence.

Surely you have met his ilk in bars in Thailand

Sounds like this guy is a big tool ... http://isaanstyle.blogspot.com/2010/05/con...15-minutes.html

But you have got to watch his speech as the reds applaud after his statements are translated that he was tear gassed and shot by the military on the 10th ...

you can scroll ahead to 2:25

Abhisit has put this all on the police. You get the hospital backopen is his message. This fits with the general disgust among neutrals that the police did nothign and then didnt arrest anyone in the first place. He is trying to emabrrass them into doing something. As you say they have cut a deal with their red mates but the hospital is saying not enough and that they want all their premises clear of the reds, which is actually fair enough. However will the police do any more than their little half way job and will Abhisit be able to do anythign about it? How will it paly out in PR too? Many unanswered questions. But why shoudl the hospital change its condition? They are the ones responsible for innocents in both patients and workers and they have been violated.

And the police are allowing the reds to bring in extra cement blocks to fortify their position. The police basically seem to be in open rebellion against the government now and more to the point totally unwilling even to protect citizens if it contradicts what the reds want.

He tried this tactic with Anupong by making him head of CRES, but that was a spectactur failure as well. Sometimes, I think 'Mark' is too farang for this job - he doesn't appear to understand that 'losing face' isn't losing face if some are still applauding what they do(n't do).

What is the story with DAVID PURCELL, this Aussie ex-military man

Allegedly ex-military.

Clearly both full of it and full of himself. I wonder if he is amongst us? Certainly plenty who fit the bill round here.

How do you figure that jc? The Yellows have been begging the gov't to declare martial law. The multi-colours will are yellows in another shirt. Only the reds will be against a coup. Do you remember the flowers and general feeling of relief when they got rid of Thaksin?

For my mind, a coup and a military gov't to oversee elections and constitutional reform may be the only answer. That'd be a REPEAT of what happened after 2006, only this time they need to:

- disband ALL parties - Pheua Thai, Democrat, etc etc

- repeal what's left of the 5-year ban on politicians from TRT dissolution (its nearly been 5 years anyway)

- arrest and imprison both Yellow and Red lawbreakers without any trial

- fire all police commanders who failed to do their duty over the last 7 weeks

- hunt down all rogue soldiers and stolen war weapons

- and finally set off a loud alarm clock to wake me up from such idealistic dreaming :)

Right or wrong I said it out of frustration and belief that most non-reds have no issue with Abhisit but have a big issue with police and military not taking action. In most people's view Abhisit does want to take action but the police/army refuse. If they don't take action today then it is clear everyone's thinking is correct and they have left him to hang himself out to dry with his promise to get the hospital opened back up today.

Indeed. One of the principle reasons I have long stayed out of them and drink at home. :)

Indeed. One of the principle reasons I have long stayed out of them and drink at home. :)

A sensible move but one that at times means too much internet access;)

as a PS ... I want to say I am shocked the army has not taken over since Suthep already said if the police didn't do it, he had people that would. I mean surely they must be proud of what they accomplished last week when they held their ground for the most part and did stop the reds and really created the start of what should be their downfall by restricting their movements and what they can do. Let us not forget their fellow soldiers that died. So, if the military continues to do nothing today to back Abhisit it is clear in my mind the military commander are paving the way for his being ousted since the PM has already said he will step down if he is incapable of doing the job.

But bottom line, I have learned it is illogical to apply logical thinking to the way things work here.

Edited by jcbangkok

He calls himself an Irish Aussie if you are reading this please call yourself Irish only ,because the way you are acting is not the Aussie way.

A sensible move but one that at times means too much internet access;)

:D

Hopefully when this is over,a lot of Bangkok police will be transferred to the deep south.

Police that won't do their jobs should be fired not transferred. If they want to do nothing they can get a job with a private security firm and stand outside an abandoned building all day.

Exactly! As a civil servant you don't have the luxury of choosing sides you do your job and enforce the law. Any police officer calling to warn someone before a raid or refusing to act should not only be fired but charged with obstruction if there is such a law here.