Sunday Lunch Specials

millwall_fan

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did ask earlier but no response, is this a non smoking pub?

Tried a couple of pubs in CM before for Sunday lunch, actually did not even enter past the threshold of either as the smoke hit us as soon as the doors opened. Eight of us in one instance-ended up at the Holiday Inn which is now an "irregular" haunt!

All pubs/restaurant's in Chiang Mai supposed to be non smoking.

The Olde Belle has a narrow ouside seating area before you enter. Sometimes, there are quite a few people smoking there, which is OK except the interior is not enclosed or air conditioned, so smoke does tends to drift in. Same at The Irish Pub, people smoke on the balcony upstairs, but you can smell the smoke inside.

Sunday lunch with a free glass of wine is excellent value, but you might get a whiff of smoke depending on where you sit.

• 2 months later...

Hey Mill_fan

can I get an update..... is there a Roast Lamb spread on for this Sunday ???

Have a couple of crunchy munchers working on some chicken knees and they talk kinda funny....... you know like UK type of peeps.

Wanted to know about Sunday Roasts.

They should be getting pretty hungry come Sunday

G

Hey Mill_fan

Have a couple of crunchy munchers working on some chicken knees and they talk kinda funny....... you know like UK type of peeps.

G

Hi Gonzo,

No Roast Lamb this Sunday (25th July). Apart from the usual favourites of Roast Pork, Chicken or Beef, we've got Roast Duck in Orange Gravy as a special this Sunday!

The free wine offer has now some to an end (sorry about that Uptheos!!) but this month we're offering a free sweet of Apple pie or Bread and Butter Pudding both with custard!

Oh and the wine is on special offer 1/2 litre carafe for 245 baht, 1 litre for 445 baht (less 10% if you are a Gold Card holder)

Hope you're keeping busy Gonzo!

Hey Mill_fan

G

Hi Gonzo,

No Roast Lamb this Sunday (25th July). Apart from the usual favourites of Roast Pork, Chicken or Beef, we've got Roast Duck in Orange Gravy as a special this Sunday!

The free wine offer has now some to an end (sorry about that Uptheos!!) but this month we're offering a free sweet of Apple pie or Bread and Butter Pudding both with custard!

Oh and the wine is on special offer 1/2 litre carafe for 245 baht, 1 litre for 445 baht (less 10% if you are a Gold Card holder)

Can't wait for the 15th August :licklips:

Hey Mill_fan

G

Hi Gonzo,

Never mind - the free sweet is a good deal.....I think usually 60 Baht?

Just the same as you'd get if they were paid for!!

-We don't get many complaints about portion sizes!

Ooo er missus!

D ;)

In fact my wife often worries about the size of my portions. She says they are simply too big.

what do you mean by ooo er missus David? Not sure I follow you?

Just the same as you'd get if they were paid for!!

-We don't get many complaints about portion sizes!

Ooo er missus!

D ;)

In fact my wife often worries about the size of my portions. She says they are simply too big.

what do you mean by ooo er missus David? Not sure I follow you?

Sorry Pedr, just my juvenile 'Carry On Film' humour about 'portions' and 'sizes'!

Rather childish I'm afraid!

D

I'm a big fan of Butter is Better - I live not far from there. I am so happy they are now open Sunday for lunch. Prices are very reasonable and they have an interesting menu with the likes of cheese blintzes, Gazpacho, pastas etc etc...The owners are very welcoming and the coffee and pastries are great.

Near the corner of Changklan and Sridonchai for those who don't know it. Diagonally opposite Giorgio's Italian.

I'm a big fan of Butter is Better - I live not far from there. I am so happy they are now open Sunday for lunch. Prices are very reasonable and they have an interesting menu with the likes of cheese blintzes, Gazpacho, pastas etc etc...The owners are very welcoming and the coffee and pastries are great.

Near the corner of Changklan and Sridonchai for those who don't know it. Diagonally opposite Giorgio's Italian.

This thread though is about sunda yLunch as an institution. "Cheese blintzes, and Pasta" do not constitute Sunday Lunch in my opinion!

Butter is Better may be a fine institution - their bread up at their Rimping branch is excellent - but Sunday Lunch it aint!

Actually, they have two or three lunch specials every day. The Great American Rib special with potato salad and baked beans is just like home at a weekend BBQ. :wai:

RIBS,,,,, RIBS.... U say ribs...... which place are you speaking about..... TOB or BiB ? Pedr dux American Ribs too ???

This thread though is about sunda yLunch as an institution. "Cheese blintzes, and Pasta" do not constitute Sunday Lunch in my opinion!

Butter is Better may be a fine institution - their bread up at their Rimping branch is excellent - but Sunday Lunch it aint!

How is "Sunday Lunch" defined?

Peace everybody. I enjoy a good English Roast Dinner, but that is not the name of the thread and I think that is what the confusion is about. It says "Sunday Lunch" and to many people, that could be any kind of lunch food. Maybe a more specific topic next time? :wai:

A couple of posts deleted. A sponsor has a right to advertise in the forum. For members who are unclear on this, read the forum rules. Further comments on this will result in an official warning.

A bit misleading the posted topic is lunch [undefined] in May. My calendar tells me that in two days it will be August. For myself I pretty well ignore these old topics. I would be interested in a new thread every month and let the past rest in peace.

A couple of posts deleted. A sponsor has a right to advertise in the forum. For members who are unclear on this, read the forum rules. Further comments on this will result in an official warning.

A bit misleading the posted topic is lunch [undefined] in May. My calendar tells me that in two days it will be August. For myself I pretty well ignore these old topics. I would be interested in a new thread every month and let the past rest in peace.

You have a valid point - the thread is about Sunday Lunches in May and neither does it say anything about it being 'Sunday lunch as an institution'. Since neither the month of May, Institution and a large etc really apply, perhaps it's time to close this thread and let the OP start a new Sunday lunch special for August, if he so desires.

I would imagine that "Sunday Lunch" would be anything eaten on Sunday between 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Also, I would have to think that if that is the case then there are other places other than "British Pubs" serving "Sunday Lunch." It might be wise to broaden the appeal of a "Sunday Lunch" to broaden the "Sunday Lunch" demographic. (One could spend more time working the floor than time promoting one's business on internet forums.) "Sunday Lunch," is not just a "Roast." In fact, "Sunday Brunch" has a much wider appeal and broadens the serving time. "Sunday Brunch" as a tradition is the 3rd most popular meal after Friday and Saturday night Dinner.

I would like to bring back the "3 Martini Lunch" and Sunday is as good a day as any.

I would imagine that "Sunday Lunch" would be anything eaten on Sunday between 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Also, I would have to think that if that is the case then there are other places other than "British Pubs" serving "Sunday Lunch." It might be wise to broaden the appeal of a "Sunday Lunch" to broaden the "Sunday Lunch" demographic. (One could spend more time working the floor than time promoting one's business on internet forums.) "Sunday Lunch," is not just a "Roast." In fact, "Sunday Brunch" has a much wider appeal and broadens the serving time. "Sunday Brunch" as a tradition is the 3rd most popular meal after Friday and Saturday night Dinner.

I would like to bring back the "3 Martini Lunch" and Sunday is as good a day as any.

Got Lost - Please do tell about the "3 Martini Lunch" - I assume there is food involved besides olives.. :-)

As for the self-promotion - careful now...official warning finger on the trigger. :whistling:

Sunday lunch is whatever you make it and however you enjoy it.

The 3 Martini Lunch sounds as good as anything.

I'm a Brit and as for it being meat, potatoes and 2 veg every Sunday..........I grew out of that, after Billy Cotton and Round the Horne stopped airing.

Got Lost - Please do tell about the "3 Martini Lunch" - I assume there is food involved besides olives.. :-)

As for the self-promotion - careful now...official warning finger on the trigger. :whistling:

Definitions evolve, but at one time a "3 Martinii lunch" was the standard Wall Street lunch. Any food would be incidental to the meal. And volatility in the markets in the afternoon was only a coincidence.

I grew out of that, after Billy Cotton and Round the Horne stopped airing.

Would that be around the time of "Hopalong Cassidy" in the U.S. :unsure:

No, more around the time of William Boyd.......Clippety Clippety Clop......Cheeky beggar. ;)

This Sunday, 1st August. We have Roast Garlic Lamb served with roast Potatoes, Yorkshire Puddings, Onion Mash, Veg and Gravy and a free portion of Apple Pie and Custard or Bread and Butter Pudding and Custard. We are also, on the advice of a few TV members bringing in a Vegetarian Sunday Lunch with Veg Pie replacing the meat (all the potatoes and veggies are cooked in a non meat environment). Many Americans enjoy a traditional British/Australian Sunday Lunch, but be forewarned that's what it is. There won't be a 'cheese blintzie' in sight. .......a free martini - with olive of course for any TV member who tries our Sunday Lunch on 1st August. We've got Rosso, Bianco and Extra Dry. You choose!!! (you'll only get the one though, not three- wouldn't want to remind you of Wall St.!