Sunday Lunch Specials

millwall_fan

Sunday Lunch

Sunday Lunch is always a special occasion and nowhere more so than at The Olde Bell British Pub on Loi Kroh Rd. We've got a range of specials to tempt Thai Visa members to join us during May. Please note, that although Sunday Lunch is provided from 1pm - 9pm, due to ever increasing popularity, some items may be unavailable if you come along in the evening. If you're planning on coming to Sunday Lunch after about 5pm it might be an idea to phone first to see what we have left.

(Phone 087-811-9468) This month's specials are:

2nd May Garlic Roast Lamb

9th May Roast Duck with Orange Gravy (or normal gravy if you prefer! Some do!)

16th May Gammon Steak with Onion Sauce

23rd May Rabbit Casserole

31st May Garlic Roast Lamb again

In addition, each Sunday, Roast Beef Roast Pork and Roast Chicken are available.

All roasts are served with Roast potatoes, Yorkshire Puddings, Onion Mash, Seasonal Veg and Gravy

If you live in Chiang Mai for more than 4 months a year, you are entitled to apply for The Olde Bell gold Card that gives you a 10% discount on all our prices.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yunnie: Prices range from 195 baht for the Roast pork to 325 baht for the Garlic Lamb. If you are resident in Chiang Mai for more than 4 months of the year you can apply for our gold Card which gives you 10% off our prices.

Toolz: I think you'll find our portions are pretty large! Try us out and if your not full, I'll give you a refill free. How about that?

Yunnie: Prices range from 195 baht for the Roast pork to 325 baht for the Garlic Lamb. If you are resident in Chiang Mai for more than 4 months of the year you can apply for our gold Card which gives you 10% off our prices.

Toolz: I think you'll find our portions are pretty large! Try us out and if your not full, I'll give you a refill free. How about that?

Thats an offer that nobody can turn down. :)

Sounds good. I'd like to break open my secret stash and get the Garlic Lamb. Do I have to say "It's Toolz" or can I just go: "<cough cough> Thaivisa, member # greater than 15,000, less than 20,000"? :)

@cmdream: Loi Kroh, left, past 7 Eleven, near yellow exchange kiosk, set in from the street, you don't see it till you're right in front.

Edit: definitely probably not going to be back by 31st May, but assuming you'll continue to be as "customer focused" throughout the year! :D

Edited by Toolz

Only a real TOOL would turn that offer down :D

Only a real TOOL would turn that offer down :D

If you're not a 'tool' you can flounce in there in a Tourist Police uniform - fresh from attending to several other farang bar owners around there but skillfully dodging any tourists - and 'negotiate' some some upgraded service. Oh I forgot, you got fired ... :D

Sounds good. I'd like to break open my secret stash and get the Garlic Lamb. Do I have to say "It's Toolz" or can I just go: "<cough cough> Thaivisa, member # greater than 15,000, less than 20,000"? :)

@cmdream: Loi Kroh, left, past 7 Eleven, near yellow exchange kiosk, set in from the street, you don't see it till you're right in front.

Edit: definitely probably not going to be back by 31st May, but assuming you'll continue to be as "customer focused" throughout the year! :D

Something like that would do! or you could just PM me before you come along so that I can tell the staff!

BTW: you're evidently not in town at the moment but when were you last her? 'Cos I'm not even sure if the Queen Vic are doing their all you can eat Sunday Carvery anymore.

One other piece of 'blatant self promotion' that I forgot to include in my hurry to post this on Saturday, was that with each Sunday lunch sold during the month of May, we're giving offering a FREE glass of house red or white wine. Just ask the waitress!

So during May you can get a roast pork dinner and a glass of vino for 195 baht (or 180 baht once you've got our Gold Card).

That's cheaper than pie and liquor in Manzies pie shop down the Old Kent Rd!

One other piece of 'blatant self promotion' that I forgot to include in my hurry to post this on Saturday, was that with each Sunday lunch sold during the month of May, we're giving offering a FREE glass of house red or white wine. Just ask the waitress!

So during May you can get a roast pork dinner and a glass of vino for 195 baht (or 180 baht once you've got our Gold Card).

With the free glass of house wine, that's a good deal.

The best Sunday lunch in Chiang Mai hands down, surely has to be the buffet at the Holiday Inn.

Choice of soup, carvery, seafood, Japanese, pasta, salad, cakes...... you best be hungry :)

nice one, sounds good, count me in !

The best Sunday lunch in Chiang Mai hands down, surely has to be the buffet at the Holiday Inn.

Choice of soup, carvery, seafood, Japanese, pasta, salad, cakes...... you best be hungry :)

Seafood, Japanese Pasta SALAD

Were talking about Traditional English Sunday Lunch Here you have metioned everything that is nothing to do with a traditional English Sunday Dinner

The Holiday Inn also (often) has roast turkey, ham, roast beef, potatoes, yorkshire pudding, bread pudding and such - as well as lots of other stuff. It really is good value for money. :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

Choice of soup, carvery, seafood, Japanese, pasta, salad, cakes...... you best be hungry :D

Were talking about Traditional English Sunday Lunch Here you have metioned everything that is nothing to do with a traditional English Sunday Dinner

What are you on about..... there is a carvery, roast potatoes, yorkshire pudding, cravy sauce plus the extras I've mentioned. Ten times better......

Surroundings are more sumptuous than a pub, more family oriented....

Have you ever eaten at the Holiday Inn, or is it out of your price range :)

Choice of soup, carvery, seafood, Japanese, pasta, salad, cakes...... you best be hungry :D

What are you on about..... there is a carvery, roast potatoes, yorkshire pudding, cravy sauce plus the extras I've mentioned. Ten times better......

Surroundings are more sumptuous than a pub, more family oriented....

Have you ever eaten at the Holiday Inn, or is it out of your price range :)

You actually did not say it had all that you focused on the seafood sushi Japanese now if yo had said what you are now saying ok.

As for out of my price range I shall not bite Im trying to give teh Mods a day off :D

How much is it anyway

Edited by FarangCravings

Another one worth a try is at Le Meridien. Really high quality food. The Holiday Inn has more selection and better deserts, but the carving stations alone at Le Meridien really sets it apart. I like both locations equally for different reasons.

Had to prune this topic quite a bit. Off topic comments removed.

This is a thread about Sunday Lunch at The Olde Bell, who is a sponsor. It is not a place for self-promotion.

Pretty good deal.

you've got a bee in your bonnet 'originalposter'!! If you have a view on Sunday Lunches lets hear it. I don't think the mods would pull that. To my knowledge they only pulled a couple of off topic points. Why don't you share with Chiang Mai TV members your considered views on Sunday Lunch in this fine city. Have you tried ours at The Olde Bell or sunday Lunch at The Pub, or somewhere else. do let us hear of your experiences.

hmm... this post doesn't make sense now that Originalposters 2nd and more vitriolic missive has bee pulled.

Edited by millwall_fan

I'm afraid not,. As I run a pub, I don't generally do promotions on soft drinks as people don't tend to drink so many of them.

We do a full range of soft drinks though: Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta Sprite, Manao Soda, Ginger Ale,

Freshly squezed Pineapple, Melon, Apple and Orange

banana, vanilla and chocolate shakes

A range of British Teas, coffees

so you should find something to wash down your Sunday Roast!

you've got a bee in your bonnet 'originalposter'!! If you have a view on Sunday Lunches lets hear it. I don't think the mods would pull that. To my knowledge they only pulled a couple of off topic points. Why don't you share with Chiang Mai TV members your considered views on Sunday Lunch in this fine city. Have you tried ours at The Olde Bell or sunday Lunch at The Pub, or somewhere else. do let us hear of your experiences.

hmm... this post doesn't make sense now that Originalposters 2nd and more vitriolic missive has bee pulled.

i wrote a very positive comment about the roast lamb at the pub, non-offensive, it was taken off by the mods, maybe i should have started my post as 'i havn't tried sunday lunch at the olde bell yet , but i did.........i had no motive for writing this apart from telling people how good the lamb was on a 'sunday lunch specials' post.i guess i must have been off topic ! ! :)

i wrote a very positive comment about the roast lamb at the pub, non-offensive, it was taken off by the mods, maybe i should have started my post as 'i havn't tried sunday lunch at the olde bell yet , but i did.........i had no motive for writing this apart from telling people how good the lamb was on a 'sunday lunch specials' post.i guess i must have been off topic ! ! :)

Why don't you start a thread called Sunday Lunches rather that add your post to a thread about Sunday lunch specials at a forum sponsor's pub. I'm scratching my head because I would have thought this would be very obvious... unless you are trolling

Why don't you start a thread called Sunday Lunches rather that add your post to a thread about Sunday lunch specials at a forum sponsor's pub. I'm scratching my head because I would have thought this would be very obvious... unless you are trolling

fair point, and i understand that,the only reson i posted my last comment was the op's prior comment asking people to write what they thought of 'sunday lunch's' and even mentioned the pub.... ' trolling', i really didn't know what that meant, but i did look it up, and no, i wasn't trolling ! :D