Blackberry In Thailand

its all about the black berry messenger systewm and the group format message system that allows you to comunicate with a group...like a open chatroom, 15-20 ppl at a time...without added costs, as bbm is unlimited and included in the data package, so you can use international with no charges... i phone dosent have this feature, but correct me if im wrong

Ahhhhhh,at last tp86 hits the nail on the head :).

The blackberry ,great piece of kit to have, 9520 storm 2 thats what i use.

You need to pay to get Twitter on iPhone? What a downer...

Yeah $1.99. I am sure not many can afford that.... particularly after spending $600 or $700 on the phone...

Honestly, I love the app store on the iPhone, and the low prices are the reason I have no interest in pirating apps. Prices are more than fair.

That said, there are lots of free twitter apps by now. There were even back then, but Tweetie was by far the finest at the time, and yes I can afford to pay 2 bucks for it.

Now if there only were BBM...

its all about the black berry messenger systewm and the group format message system that allows you to comunicate with a group...like a open chatroom, 15-20 ppl at a time...without added costs, as bbm is unlimited and included in the data package, so you can use international with no charges... i phone dosent have this feature, but correct me if im wrong

Ahhhhhh,at last tp86 hits the nail on the head :).

The blackberry ,great piece of kit to have, 9520 storm 2 thats what i use.

Yeah thanks to this thread I now finally get it. BBM. What a killer app.

• 1 month later...

I bought a Curve 8520 recently from DTAC, because of the price and the e-mail and message abilities. It's great! I don't need GPS, I don't need UMTS, I don't need a 5 Mio Pixels Cam without proper Xenon light. I got the DTAC promo, so the first 4 months are totally free for data traffic (BB services, messenging and internet). After that I will go to unlimited BB service, which will be 350 Bht/month Prepaid.

Batterie life is good, certainly much better than any IPhone. The Nokia E series is good as well, but they don't offer those packages for it and you have to subscribe to Nokia Push Mail service, which is rather costly.

No doubt that Thais are loving unlimited chat/e-mail at 350 Bht/month, so do I!

Cheers