Bangkok-london-bangkok

Jocky

Why is it so expensive to fly Bangkok-London-Bangkok and so much cheaper London-Bangkok return evn though the taxes etc are more expensive in the uk.

Example,If i was to travel with my son from London - Bkk return i could do for 35000-40000baht.

But from Bkk to london return the cheapest was 56000baht.

Any Thoughts,Experiences on this?

Yes it's much cheaper to fly Ldn-Bkk than vice versa but I'm not sure where you get your prices from because they are way too high in both directions. From London check out travel agents Southall Travel or Westeast Travel and then Lastminute.com on the web.

From Bangkok check out "flykingfisher.com" or "Lastminute.com" for prices with Kingfisher. See my recent post on the travel forum (Cheap flights to UK this Summer) and replies from others.

Agree: it's a pain in the neck. BUT...I just got an EVA air BKK-LHR-BKK return for 49,465 in Elite Class (i.e. mid-way between Economy and Business Class). Used the EVA on-line booking service: better than the price any agent offered.

Book online directly with Qatar, by far the cheapest and also an excellent airline. I use them all the time.

Currently Qatar for 1 x adult, 1 x child is going for around 55,000 THB all inclusive.

Pretty good deal if you ask me..!!

Those prices are through the roof, I've seen Qatar offer 17,000 return, BA 23,000 Return & I got a good deal with TG last year for 20k. I wouldn't expect these price to be as cheap this year with the rising cost of fuel. But remember, Airfares are seasonal, they charge as much as the market & the law lets them during school holidays to make up for the fact that they can't when they're in session. Right now British Schools have just gone back so European airlines are on their low season Tariff and Thai schools are in the middle of their school Holidays, so SE Asian carriers are on their peak Tariff

yes, flights from bangkok are always much more expensive, than from London.

the way of beating the system is to get one way from bangkok and than a return (opened for 6 or 12 months - jet airways has for 6 months with a possibility of the first date change without any charges, and each next at £35)

did a quick check for 23-05-10 return 15-10-10 and the prices are - kingfisher website 43.147 INR (£615?), jet via last minute £650.00 and Qatar website 41.000 BHT,(£830)