Thai Protesters Accept Pm Abhisit Election Roadmap, but refuse to go home

george

Red-shirts Slam and Pressure PM

In addition, Weng claimed that the Democrat Party even turned a blind eye to one of the party MPs who failed to stand up to pay his respects to His Majesty the King during the royal song.

Weng has urged the premiere to expel this MP from the Democrat party.

-- Tan Network 2010-05-07

----------------------

Does anyone have the name of this anti-king MP?

You have to take yet another one of these daily "Weng-isms" with a sizable pinch of salt.

Edited by mavup

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the English language news coverage (which might not be giving an accurate picture), it looks like only the red supporters on TV.com are still hung up on the dissolution date. The actual red leadership appears to have moved on, now refusing to end the protest because the PAD is against the roadmap. Which is just silly as the PAD is not part of government, and in fact is a movement that's against the reds and everything they stand for.

Seems strange to say "See my enemy is against it, so therefore I am too.", but TIT.

They should forget about PAD - accept the roadmap - get back home and prepare - bizarre!

Not so simple, The Democrats may be disbanded soon... most of the democrat MPs are heading to the New Politic Party which is under control of the PAD....The PAD is part of the picture, I am afraid.

Edited by Jerrytheyoung

Not so simple, The Democrats may be disbanded soon... most of the democrat MPs are heading to the New Politic Party which is under control of the PAD....The PAD is part of the picture, I am afraid.

Borrowed from the Chuan thread in an effort to show the above post as an example of its content :

From OP:

The party dissolution case might take seven to eight months

It's good to see that the timeline reality has been posted.

I've seen many, many members' posts that surmise that the Democrats will be dissolved next week or some other ridiculous short timeline.

The documentary evidence submitted numbers 80,000 pages.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the court's decision isn't made until 2011.

btw, when you say most of the Democrat MP's will switch to the New Politics Party, is there any source that corroborates that?

:)

Edited by mavup

it is obvious that the Roadmap and Election proposal is under fire on the Abhisit side. So the proposal lacks of credibility because it is built on "sand". I have carefully read the position of the Red Leaders, and I understand that the dissolution date is only the pretext for waiting until the proposal is more seriously anchored.

The issue is on the Abhisit side: on his proposalk, he has a strong support from the population Red and democrats united.

It is the opportunity to take over and build his own movement and to check who is following. The proposal must be inked, voted by parliament and by referendum proposed to the population over the heads of traditionnal Parties. As soon as ratified by the parliament, Red Shirts will stop the Rajatprasong demonstration and should start campaigning for the referendum, alongside with Abhisit friends, againsts the extremists.

I disagree. The onus is on the terrorist insurgents to stop taking the center of Bangkok hostage. Period. They don't have any legitimacy to bargain. They should leave now, and the leaders should turn themselves in forthwith. They have graciously been given a peaceful exit. If they are not willing to take it then may God have mercy on their souls. Many citizens of Thailand certainly won't.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

it is obvious that the Roadmap and Election proposal is under fire on the Abhisit side. So the proposal lacks of credibility because it is built on "sand". I have carefully read the position of the Red Leaders, and I understand that the dissolution date is only the pretext for waiting until the proposal is more seriously anchored.

The issue is on the Abhisit side: on his proposalk, he has a strong support from the population Red and democrats united.

It is the opportunity to take over and build his own movement and to check who is following. The proposal must be inked, voted by parliament and by referendum proposed to the population over the heads of traditionnal Parties. As soon as ratified by the parliament, Red Shirts will stop the Rajatprasong demonstration and should start campaigning for the referendum, alongside with Abhisit friends, againsts the extremists.

I disagree. The onus is on the terrorist insurgents to stop taking the center of Bangkok hostage. Period. They don't have any legitimacy to bargain. They should leave now, and the leaders should turn themselves in forthwith. They have graciously been given a peaceful exit. If they are not willing to take it then may God have mercy on their souls. Many citizens of Thailand certainly won't.

So the reds are stalling ---- probably for amnesty for the bosses.

The majority of the country seems to be in favor of Abhisit's roadmap going forward. The PAD hates it (a selling point for the reds) and the PAD are not the red's problem. The Democrats are behind it. The coalition partners are behind it. No group loves it universally.

Isn't by definition a negotioation between hostile parties at it's best when every side can live with it and nobody loves it?

Obviously the reds are not "sincere".

From the English language news coverage (which might not be giving an accurate picture), it looks like only the red supporters on TV.com are still hung up on the dissolution date. The actual red leadership appears to have moved on, now refusing to end the protest because the PAD is against the roadmap. Which is just silly as the PAD is not part of government, and in fact is a movement that's against the reds and everything they stand for.

Seems strange to say "See my enemy is against it, so therefore I am too.", but TIT.

They should forget about PAD - accept the roadmap - get back home and prepare - bizarre!

It's not bizarre if their reason for being has nothing to do with what they said it was. Any lightbulbs coming on for you yet?

Nothing worng with my electricity supply thank you...

So the reds are stalling ---- probably for amnesty for the bosses.

The majority of the country seems to be in favor of Abhisit's roadmap going forward. The PAD hates it (a selling point for the reds) and the PAD are not the red's problem. The Democrats are behind it. The coalition partners are behind it. No group loves it universally.

Isn't by definition a negotioation between hostile parties at it's best when every side can live with it and nobody loves it?

Obviously the reds are not "sincere".

Looking at some recent tidbits (all from the Nation News thread) it looks like back to square one.

April or May ????

May 6, Red-shirt rally core leader Weng Tojirakan has called on at least one-million red-shirt people from across the country to mobilize to the Ratchaprasong intersection to put pressure on Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva to dissolve the parliament as soon as possible.

Trust?

May 5, (NNT) .. The Center for the Resolution of Emergency Situation (CRES) has deployed security officers to set up checkpoints to prevent weapons being smuggled out from the rally site of the United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) at Ratchaprasong Intersection.

May 6, At the Ratchaprasong intersection on May 6th, red-shirt force's security guards were stationed at all entrance to the protest site to prevent military and police officers from infiltrating them and hiding weapons and ammunition within the rally area.

And the roadblock on the roadmap?

May 5, Abhisit also said he was under constant pressure, especially from Thaksin, who kept calling coalition parties' executives to abandon the government. Therefore, he said, he had to find the best way out of this situation.

The red demand for immediate dissolution would allow Thaksinites to control the next military, budget, and ultimately the next premiership. Why? So that some kind of amnesty can be granted and pave the way home for Mr. Thaksin.

Since a November election would not favor the Thaksinites, the only way for Thaksin is some kind of amnesty, now. No doubt, Thaksin would feel that forgiveness must touch him as well, after all the reds are his people.

Without Thaksin getting what he wants, the problems are unlikely to end in compromise, and the government must fight it out with pressure and attrition of the red's will.

Of course, none of this yet addresses the country's real problems, economic inequality in the light of economic development, reducing corruption and voter fraud to allow democracy to function, and ultimately what kind of democratic system is best for the country, culture, and people. This will all have to wait for the end of Thaksin's temper tantrum.

Edited by rabo

1) The Democrats MIGHT be (may be) disbanded -- that is doubtful but may happen.

2) "Most of the democrat MP's are heading..." to the NPP is not true. I can see why a red shirt would want to push that lie on the public, but it is not based on reality.

post-6428-1273221981_thumb.jpg

Whoever made that newspaper cartoon is clearly doesn't understand anything about the current situation. I stopped reading at #2 when it said that "we want complete amnesty for red shirt leaders".

The red shirt leaders have said several times that they don't want amnesty.

Whoever made that cartoon doesn't even read the daily news.

Whoever made that newspaper cartoon is clearly doesn't understand anything about the current situation. I stopped reading at #2 when it said that "we want complete amnesty for red shirt leaders".

Only a red shirt true believer actually BELIEVES anything out of the red shirt leaders mouths. Amazing.

Only a red shirt true believer actually BELIEVES anything out of the red shirt leaders mouths. Amazing.

Only a yellow shirt true believer actually SAYS this. Astounding. :)

I think you might find that it's satire. A joke. Humour.

Never mind.... :)

THE NATION: One condition we have heard of is for govt to end state of emergency before Reds can disperse on Monday.

Why would they need the SOE to end *before* they leave?

Once they are gone, and there are no issues, then the SOE can be called off.

THE NATION: One condition we have heard of is for govt to end state of emergency before Reds can disperse on Monday.

Maybe no military or police around in order for them to dispose of illegal weapons on hand?

That's all it was meant to be. Everything has been so serious as of late.

@Thaihome. I found that on a Nation website. Didn't see any copyrights on it however.

Only a yellow shirt true believer actually SAYS this. Astounding. :)

There you go again. You can't quit it, can you? Repeat the lie that anti-reds equals pro yellow enough times and you reckon people will buy that, eh? Edited by Jingthing

Seems the way I heard it that the leaders said they dont want amnesty from the charges of plotting against the monarchy, didnt mention any of the others.

But then my ears may have decieved me. But anyway its difficult to believe anything the red leaders say anymore they have told so many porkies.

The SOE grants some extra powers to detain and question suspects.

The reds seem to be up at arms trying to defend why their violent mob isn't leaving Bangkok. How long will they stall and keep costing Thailand millions daily?

It is hate rhetoric disguised as a joke, poorly narrated and unfunny, that comes with a amateurish drawing. A drawing that feeds the racist view of the reds as inferior people, ugly, uncivilised, coarse.

Satire? Humor?

A matter of taste, depending on social and educational background and intellect.

It is hate rhetoric disguised as a joke, poorly narrated and unfunny, that comes with a amateurish drawing. A drawing that feeds the racist view of the reds as inferior people, ugly, uncivilised, coarse.

Satire? Humor?

A matter of taste, depending on social and educational background and intellect.

One can assume that you have never seen anything that the Red press has put out if you are crying about a cartoon used for political satire .......

For sure they want amnesty for your hero Thaksin and one can safely assume you do also.

Satire? Humor?

Yes, this is precisely why I hate South Park - amateurish drawing that feeds the racist view of Coloradans(sp?) as inferior people, ugly, uncivilized, course.

Disgusting.

Col. Blimp

Bkk.

Yes, this is precisely why I hate South Park - amateurish drawing that feeds the racist view of Coloradans(sp?) as inferior people, ugly, uncivilized, course.

Disgusting.

Col. Blimp

Bkk.

Not so much Coloradians as Canadians. Undeserved! Though the last time I took my kid up into Montreal and Niagara Falls (the Canadian side is great!) he wore his South Park hat the whole time, and we never had a problem - not even a snide comment. Good sports, these Canucks! :)

Not so much Coloradians as Canadians. Undeserved! Though the last time I took my kid up into Montreal and Niagara Falls (the Canadian side is great!) he wore his South Park hat the whole time, and we never had a problem - not even a snide comment. Good sports, these Canucks! :)

Yeah, well you won't think so when all of Manitoba squats in Times Square for 5 weeks demanding that you Americans stop looking down on them :D

You might do well to remember the color of the Canadian Maple Leaf Sir!

Edited by Neurath