Filipina Faces Death Penalty On Thai Drugs Charges

george

How many Filipino nationals fly into Bangkok from Peru? That alone must have raised suspicion.

Such an amount of "Bolivian flakes" 5.4 kg is worth $ 500,000?

Would be about $100 for a gram, just thinking about its purity, 5,4 kg would be easy to stretch into 20+ kg, and still good quality. Then 20,000 grams a' $100 would make around $2,000,000 on the black market, mostly sold by Nigerians.

Very hard to understand the cops. It's pretty obvious that she was just a tool to bring it into Thailand. Poverty makes people doing things like that. I'd have changed the "candy" with real candy to see who's really waiting for it.

So easy to find the real <deleted> behind it and for sure a plus for her to receive "only" a few years for her cooperation. A tracking unit in her bag would have been so easy to install.

Wouldn't' that be common sense to find the people behind? That's why they'll never find the 'big shots.'

Unbelievable, a flight from Peru to Bangkok with such an amount of class A drugs.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She knew what she was getting into. Tough luck... Hang her! I certainly do not feel sorry for her.

And let those among you that would be Judges of Men first be Judges of thy self.

For you can see the guilt of others only by denying your own guilt.

If you have never overindulged whilst looking into the face of the hungry and those that thirst, then you are indeed a rarity. If your mind is clear of all sexual depravity then you can have pity for those that lack strength. If you have never taken the first apple so that you are not denied for the sake of a less fortunate, then you have charity.

If you are imbued with love, forgiveness, selflessness, strength, wisdom, and understanding, then may you be fit to judge others, for each time you judge another be aware that you also judge yourself

So be aware in the knowledge, that when you depart this body, you will never take your house, your car, your money, your wife or your gold but maybe, just maybe you will take your charity, your forgiveness, your discrimination, your happiness your knowledge. Hold all these thoughts before you become judges of others. For all those that you revere have been judge by others, not worthy to judge

6 billion faces on the planet, each distinctionally different, should we judge each by their beauty or ugliness? 6 billion minds each distinctionally different in thought and opinion

Think about it

She knew what she was getting into. Tough luck... Hang her! I certainly do not feel sorry for her.

And let those among you that would be Judges of Men first be Judges of thy self.

For you can see the guilt of others only by denying your own guilt.

If you have never overindulged whilst looking into the face of the hungry and those that thirst, then you are indeed a rarity. If your mind is clear of all sexual depravity then you can have pity for those that lack strength. If you have never taken the first apple so that you are not denied for the sake of a less fortunate, then you have charity.

If you are imbued with love, forgiveness, selflessness, strength, wisdom, and understanding, then may you be fit to judge others, for each time you judge another be aware that you also judge yourself

So be aware in the knowledge, that when you depart this body, you will never take your house, your car, your money, your wife or your gold but maybe, just maybe you will take your charity, your forgiveness, your discrimination, your happiness your knowledge. Hold all these thoughts before you become judges of others. For all those that you revere have been judge by others, not worthy to judge

6 billion faces on the planet, each distinctionally different, should we judge each by their beauty or ugliness? 6 billion minds each distinctionally different in thought and opinion

Think about it

Absolutely 100% right - you come with nothing and you go with only that which you have accomplished in compassion, love and forgiveness - no one on their death bed thinks 'what about my bank account or my house or my car'

That's a lot of stuff to sniff.

No one is tipping anybody off, you can see its quite obvious, may be a middle aged woman steps off a flight thats worth about $3000 round trip, wearing a $10 jeans and plastic earrings with a suitcase full of candies, and just $72 change in her purse. With no obvious tan lines and beads in her hair braids. She definitely coming upstairs for a welcome drink while she answers a few questions.

I once was going into Guanzhou with nothing but pocketful of cash which was declared, no toothbrush or change of underwear, just travelling documents.

The customs could nt just understand that I ll buy everything I need and will leave the next day. Being that I is black, I was x-rayed after a prolonged debate, that it is either I let them or I am back on the plane. I had no phone or diary too, except my cars keys,told them I left most of my stuff in the car at bangkok.

I went from being a drug mule to a goverment secret agent to a loony, but I had 300 grand chinese currency bought from a bank in bangkok.

They reluctantly let me go in.

Really????????most wouldnt for risk of offending someone with such a large chip on thier shoulder :)

How many Filipino nationals fly into Bangkok from Peru? That alone must have raised suspicion.

Okay, most of all have heard about the "Nigerian" connection. So how is this possible that so many Africans, (sorry I'm not being a racist) are still selling this particular drug in Bangkok, and nobody gets caught?

Please Bangkokians, is it true, or not? We always read about some young Thais getting busted with some Pee Baa pills. (Jaba) How often is there an article about drug selling guys from the black continent?

Is there a possibility, with all respect, that some 'officials' are also involved in this money producing and laundering machine? Otherwise it would not be how it is…….

My friends contact (Nigerian) uses the Thai girlfriend for delivery.

She got caught once a year ago, cost them a bundle of money but she got away without a mark on the record.

She got caught once a year ago, cost them a bundle of money but she got away without a mark on the record.

Your friends contact? Doesn't that mean that it's also your contact? Using 'the' Thai girlfriend? Yours? Sorry, but your post is really strange. Greetings from Scarface.

Okay, most of all have heard about the "Nigerian" connection. So how is this possible that so many Africans, (sorry I'm not being a racist) are still selling this particular drug in Bangkok, and nobody gets caught?

Please Bangkokians, is it true, or not? We always read about some young Thais getting busted with some Pee Baa pills. (Jaba) How often is there an article about drug selling guys from the black continent?

Is there a possibility, with all respect, that some 'officials' are also involved in this money producing and laundering machine? Otherwise it would not be how it is…….

Your friends contact? Doesn't that mean that it's also your contact? Using 'the' Thai girlfriend? Yours? Sorry, but your post is really strange. Greetings from Scarface.

No, since I don't use nor do I purchase.

He uses his Thai girlfriend for all the deliveries.

Sorry of anything was so unclear that you could not decode it...

Whilst Thailand may still have the death penalty it's not very often enforced, IMO I don't think the Phillipino will receive it, if she receives it by a court on appeal it will be later commuted to a very long prison sentence..

For anyone interested in reading the link, have a look at the chart and number of death sentences carried out in recent years in Thailand, between 1990 and 1996 there were none, also I recall whilst watching Big Trouble In Thailand that the death penalty had been very rarely used in recent years...

http://www.correct.go.th/eng/deathpenalty.htm

Panama (Central America). Mexico City (North America). Sao Paolo and Rio definitely. Travel sites are often North American-centric.

:)

North American travel sites are maybe North American-centric. :D

World's busiest airports by international passenger traffic:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World's_b...ssenger_traffic

That link appears to go no-where.

I think the apostrophe ' in World's_busiest_airports_by_international_passenger_traffic in the link broke the link when posted at the forum.

http://tinyurl.com/369crpu

World's busiest airports by international passenger traffic

2006 preliminary statistics (January to December 2006)Rank Airport Location

1. London Heathrow Airport London, United Kingdom

2. Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport Paris, France

3. Amsterdam Airport Schiphol Amsterdam, The Netherlands

4. Frankfurt Airport Frankfurt, Germany

5. Hong Kong International Airport Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR

6. Narita International Airport Narita, Greater Tokyo, Japan

7. Singapore Changi Airport Changi, Singapore SIN

8. London Gatwick Airport West Sussex, United Kingdom

9. Suvarnabhumi Airport[1] Samut Prakan, Thailand

10. Dubai International Airport Dubai, United Arab Emirates

11. Seoul Incheon International Airport Incheon, South Korea

12. Barajas Airport Barajas, Madrid, Spain

13. Kuala Lumpur International Airport Sepang, Malaysia

14. Munich Airport Munich, Germany

15. Istanbul Ataturk Airport[2] Istanbul, Turkey

16. London Stansted Airport Essex, United Kingdom

17. Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport Taoyuan, Taiwan

18. Dublin Airport Dublin, Ireland

19. John F. Kennedy International Airport New York City, United States

20. Copenhagen Airport Copenhagen, Denmark

At wikipedia are also the ranks for "World's busiest airports by traffic movements" and "World's busiest airports by passenger traffic". In this list several or lot of 'North American' airports are indeed taking the TOP positions. But it looks like that 'North American' passengers travel mostly in their 'North American' country but not on international routes.

So 'North American' travel sites are of course 'North American-centric' and sell a lot of tickets to 'North Americans'

World's busiest airports by passenger traffic 2009 statistics

1. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport Atlanta, Georgia, United States

2. Beijing Capital International Airport Chaoyang, Beijing, China

3. London Heathrow Airport Hillingdon, Greater London, England, United Kingdom

4. Tokyo International Airport Ōta, Tokyo, Japan

5. O'Hare International Airport Chicago, Illinois, United States

6. Los Angeles International Airport Los Angeles, California, United States

7. Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, United States

8. Suvarnabhumi Airport Racha Thewa, Bang Phli, Samut Prakan, Greater Bangkok, Thailand

9. Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport Roissy-en-France, Val d'Oise, Île-de-France, France

10. Hong Kong International Airport Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong, China

Re: Post #61

Let's do the math:

5.4 kg X 2.2 =

11.88 pounds X 64 =

760.32 ounces X 28 =

21,288.96 grams X 2 =

42,577.92 grams stepped on once X $100US =

$4,257,792.00 USD X 32 =

my calculator doesn't go up that high but it is somewhere around baht 130,000,000

[end quote]

Step 1 above =OK

Step 2 above =Wrong: 16 oz in a lb; not 64. 64 liquid oz in gallon

Step 3 above =Wrong:

It is not 760.32 oz, rather, it is 'only' 190.08 oz,

And Step 3 is also Wrong in the second part, if you wish to use two decimals in the results, then use then in the multipliers as well

There are 28.35 gm in one ounce,

So the correct equation for Step 3 = 190.08 oz x 28.35 gm/oz= 5388.77gm

when rounded to the nearest kg = 5.4

So, Post #61 is wrong by 4x and Post #63 is only partially correct. (the original quantity was 5.4 kg, not 5.5)

Glad u guys r not my accountants.

What's up with these "Narcotics surpression police"? What's the point of arresting a mule before making contact with the "trafficking ring in Bangkok" she was apparently destined for?

Surely this is not the most effective way to be suppressing narcotics.

Narcotics surpression police are here to protect the in country drug cartel, stamp out competition

Japanese to Bangkok Police: We've discovered a big shipment of drugs heading to Bangkok and we'ed like you assistance in tracking it to the big dealer.

Bangkok Police: Oh!, Who is the big dealer?

Japanese: We dont know but we've put a tracking device in the suitcase.

Bangkok: Oh! Ok, leave it to us. ( mutters: Stupid Japanese!)

• 3 weeks later...

That sounds harsh. I suppose you are aware of the general abject poverty in the PI.

It is harsh sounding. However, she must have known of the law already. Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore are famous for their anti drug death penalty laws. Therefore, she jumped feet first in knowing of the risks so she's getting what's coming to her...

Let's do the math:

5.4 kg X 2.2 =

11.88 pounds X 64 =

760.32 ounces X 28 =

21,288.96 grams X 2 =

42,577.92 grams stepped on once X $100US =

$4,257,792.00 USD X 32 =

my calculator doesn't go up that high but it is somewhere around baht 130,000,000

so either coke is much cheaper in thailand or their number is way off.

it won't do much good if your're dead though. that's wgy i will alwyas stick with san miguel light when in thailand.

Lousy maths.

5.4 kg = 5,400 grams. No need to go into American units, the rest of the world has simple measures.

So, if you're looking at each gram being cut to 2:1, then we see 10,800 cut grams, at (you say) US $ 100.- each gram.

I have no idea about price to wholesalers, price to retailers or price on the street, but I would be surprised if you could get US $ 100.0 per gram on the street in Thailand, let alone retail price / wholesale price.

Still, let us assume US $ 100.00 on the street. Dealer mark-up of 100% would mean he buys at US $ 50.00 per gram. Wholesale mark-up of 150-200% meansd that they buy at (say) US $ 30.00 per gram. So this consignment, after cutting, would fetch US $ 325,000.00 to the importer, who has to pay people to bring it in, cut it, bag it, distribute it to wholesalers.

Very small potatoes to the major importers in any country.

This was a throw-away gift for the local plod, to keep the rest of his supply lines intact and undisturbed.

The woman also a throw-away, probably knowing nothing of the set-up.

Never heard that Bolivians are producing delicious candies, would she have delivered that to Europe and got caught, it would have been much easier for her to have three meals a day.

Here in Vietnam the best toffees come from Argentina.

So this is not a fantasy, but still a box of toffee weighs 300 grams (contents) so we'd be looking at 20 tins or so, which would give rise to suspicion at any customs check. Unless it was all in a manufacturers cardboard box (say 24 tins of candy). Then she may not have had any idea of what was in there. (Or may have had a very good idea of the contents).

This whole thing stinks of collusion between smugglers-in-chief and law enforcement.

That sounds harsh. I suppose you are aware of the general abject poverty in the PI.

It is harsh sounding. However, she must have known of the law already. Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore are famous for their anti drug death penalty laws. Therefore, she jumped feet first in knowing of the risks so she's getting what's coming to her...

I hope all the hang 'em high guys are the type who never litter and if they do willingly pay the 2,000 baht fine, because "thats what the penalty is and everyone knows it". No "i just saw someone else do it" excuses either. Same principle. I'm not defending drug smuggling or saying its the same as littering, she should be punished. But the death penalty? Just because its on the books? Anyway, highly unlikely Thailand will execute a foreign woman. She will plead guilty and do plenty of years. And yes, highly likely someone else on that flight walked in with a whole lot more.

Edited by Netfan

I hope all the hang 'em high guys are the type who never litter and if they do willingly pay the 2,000 baht fine, because "thats what the penalty is and everyone knows it". No "i just saw someone else do it" excuses either. Same principle. I'm not defending drug smuggling or saying its the same as littering, she should be punished. But the death penalty? Just because its on the books? Anyway, highly unlikely Thailand will execute a foreign woman. She will plead guilty and do plenty of years. And yes, highly likely someone else on that flight walked in with a whole lot more.

The death penalty for drug smuggling is harsh I agree. But like I said, she likely knew the consequences of getting caught, if she's sentenced to death, then she herself is to be blamed.

The death penalty for drug smuggling is harsh I agree. But like I said, she likely knew the consequences of getting caught, if she's sentenced to death, then she herself is to be blamed.