Bangkok Red-Shirt Rally - Live Friday

THE NATION: Urgent, Kwanchai said redshirt leaders agree to end the rally on May 10 though some reds want to stay on.

THE NATION: Kwanchai: redshirts will do a religious ceremony for the victim of April 10 before leaving Rajprasong.

PM says no to red shirts' demand for pact signing

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said Friday that it is not necessary for all political parties and all sides in the political conflicts to sign a pact to accept the results of the proposed November 14 election.

The red-shirt leaders demanded the pact signing as a condition before they would disband the rally at Rajprasong.

"It's not necessary," the prime minister said when asked to comment on the demand.

Asked to comment on the speculation that the red-shirt leaders would disperse the rally Friday evening, the prime minister said he has not heard about such plan. But he said he heard that more people from Khon Kaen were heading to Bangkok to join the rally.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-05-07

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Reds to Announce Decision on Road Map at 6 P.M.

Red shirt leaders will hold a press conference at 6 P.M. today to announce their final decision on the peace plan proposed by Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva.

Sources back stage to the red shirt rally say they will announce to disperse their rally on May 10.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-05-07

THE NATION: Red press conference any minute now. No broadcast access where I am so will just translate Nation reporters' tweets.

THE NATION: One condition we have heard of is for govt to end state of emergency before Reds can disperse on Monday.

THE NATION: Red leaders call for pledges from all parties involved to respect results of the next elections.

THE NATION: The announcement is read by Nuttawut. Other conditions remain the same.

THE NATION: The call for respect of election results is the only new condition.

THE NATION: Urgent: Reds will announce their own road map (what they plan to do) tmrrw.

TAN Network: INN: Reds announce to join peace plan; want all parties to accept election results;no answer as to when they will disperse

THE NATION: If u ask me, it's a very positive annoucement by reds.

Reds to Join Peace Plan, but No Date for Dispersement

Red shirt leaders have announced that they intend to join the prime minister's peace plan, but failed to reveal when they will disperse their rally.

They also called for all related parties to accept the election results.

Red shirts said they will have more details on their version of the road map tomorrow.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-05-07

Reds decision on the road map, no date to disband rallies

Red-shirt leader Natthawut Saikua outlined the reactions to the road map for reconciliation comprising:

1. Agree with the government to uphold the monarchy and call on all sides to stop politicising the country's revered institution.

2. Confirm not to seek amnesty on terrorist and anti-monarchy charges stemming from the protests. The reds are ready to fight their charges via the judicial process. Call for the inquiry into the violence incidents on April 10 and April 28 incidents.

3. Urge all parties concerned to accept the election outcome. The reds will not push for a formal pact on the issue but leave it to the government to reason with the rival camps.

Natthawut said the reds would in the next few days issue the details of their road map to be implemented along with the one proposed by the government.

At the press conference, there was no mention about the date to disband the rallies.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-05-07

THE NATION: @Natha_tvthai is interviewing PM on Thai PBS. now...

THE NATION: PM during TV interview (taped): Amnesty for Thaksin is never part of Road Map.

THE NATION: PM: DSI will continue to probe alleged terrorism. If evidence implicates anyone, legal action will be taken regardless of Road Map.

THE NATION: PM reaffirms good working relations with Anupong and expressed confidence "neutral gear" police can be dealt with.

THE NATION: PM: Reconciliation is a political process. Security and legal affairs are legal matters which must continue no matter what.

THE NATION: PM clearly states that Nov 14 election promise is linked strongly with red shirts leaving Rajprasong.

THE NATION: PM: "I 'm waiting to see how they react, if they will end protest at appropriate time."

THE NATION: PM: "If they don't end protest, then I will continue with my road map without a House dissolution."

THE NATION: PM: We still need state of emergency, simply because people are still breaking the law.

THE NATION: PM: "I need to knw , as much as I can, what others, apart from the red shirts, think."

THE NATION: PM: The percentage of people supporting road map has increased over past 2 days.

THE NATION: PM: "I have told PAD there has never been a secret deal."

THE NATION: PM (half-jokingly): Deal with Thaksin? If u think carefully, what Thaksin wants most is my resignation, which is what PAD now wants".

THE NATION: The interview has ended.

THE NATION: PM interview recap: 1) Emergency Law wont b lifted until redshirts pak up & go. 2) Nov14 election wnt b on if they dont leave Rajprasong.

THE NATION: Chula hospital's special OPD opens 8.00-12.00 on Sat and Sun but no decision for service hours on Mon yet. via js100radio