2br 1/2ba In Cm

scattytat

Hey :) We are looking for a 2BR or at worst 2 beds, under or near 10k apartment in Chiang Mai or surrounding areas. We have a (very) small dog too. I've checked the classifieds without much luck... we are 2 professional females.

Anyone have any ideas where we should look next?

:D

If you have your own transportation and don't mind traveling 5 to 15 kilometers outside the city, you can rent a two or three bedroom house partly furnished for under 10,000 bt. There are a lot of moobans just outside of the city that have homes for rent. While many of them are not furnished, some of them are. Almost all mooban homes are fenced in or have walls around their yards which would be nice for your pet to run and play in.

Assuming you have already looked in our ThaiVisa ad section the next best way to find these homes would be to drive out to the moobans and look for "for rent" signs. You can also check with the mooban offices as they may have some places without signs or that are about to become avilible.

Happy Hunting,

BB

1/2 ba?

half a bathroom?

I only came here because I didn't understand what 2br and1/2ba meant.

FYI: It's US slang, 1/2 = toilet and sink, 3/4 = toilet and sink and a shower....

cr

You can try these websites:

www.better-homes.com

www.chiangmailiving.com

www.firstnationalthailand.com

www.houseinchiangmai.net

www.ht-real-estate.com

www.bahtsold.com

www.chiangmai-properties.com

www.jasminehomes.co.th

www.chiangmaihouse.com

www.chiangmairealty.com

Most of them won't have anything of interest in your price range, but you may find something. You can also call one or more of the numbers listed and see if they have anything not on the website, which is often the case.

Thanks for your replies... checking the websites out now :) and we will get out on a bike when we arrive and search for somethng too. 1/2ba... i wrote this because i had seconds to spare on my internet card! It's because we want 1 or 2 bathrooms... :D

I was in a hurry also so I didn't provide more info. I found the place I'm staying in now working with Gai, who is half of the two woman business that is Chiang Mai Properties, 0897002261. She speaks excellent English, was very helpful and I am happy with the place and price I got. I've only worked with a few property managers in Chiang Mai but I put her at the top.

Thanks for your replies... checking the websites out now :) and we will get out on a bike when we arrive and search for somethng too. 1/2ba... i wrote this because i had seconds to spare on my internet card! It's because we want 1 or 2 bathrooms... :D

You will find this extremely difficult. We came here 3 years ago with a requirement for just one bathroom, and a far higher budget. Thai homes just do not tend to have baths. Lots of shower rooms but rarely even one bathroom.

Iain

You will find this extremely difficult. We came here 3 years ago with a requirement for just one bathroom, and a far higher budget. Thai homes just do not tend to have baths. Lots of shower rooms but rarely even one bathroom.

Iain

Why you need a bath if you only take showers? (Thai like to take showers)

Used a bath only twice in 18 years

Iain

Why you need a bath if you only take showers? (Thai like to take showers)

Used a bath only twice in 18 years

There might be a disconnect in language going on here. In the American vernacular "bathroom" does not necessary mean a room in which you take a bath. In that context, a room that has a toilet, sink, and shower would also be considered to be a bathroom.

earlofwindermere... how would we go about viewing your property? it sounds perfect.. is it in Chiang Mai or surrounding areas? We are not actually going to CM until 10th June.. just trying to get as much information and appointments as possible before we get there so we don't have to drag the dog around with us too much.. !

And yes, bathroom is just somewhere to shower... but then the language barriers between us westerners just makes things more interesting and gives me a giggle everytime i check my email :)

Again thanks for the replies everyone :D

I you are willing to go 12,000 to 14,000 baht there are a few units available on the fifteenth floor of Nakornping Condominium just of Huay Kaew Road near Kad Suan Kaew.

The two bedroom apartments are actually two studios put together, so there are two full bathrooms and are about 80 to 85 square metres. The representative of the owner--a guy named Winny--can arrange to show you the apartments. The apartments are not available through the management office on the main floor because the owner does not want to pay the building commission. The apartments are actually a good deal considering the location and size, and the rent includes building common area fees which are tacked on by most owners. Electricity and water are at the government rates. The only extras are cable and internet. Small animals are permitted on the premises.

There might be a disconnect in language going on here. In the American vernacular "bathroom" does not necessary mean a room in which you take a bath. In that context, a room that has a toilet, sink, and shower would also be considered to be a bathroom.

No. A full bath room has a full bathroom. A shower without a bath is a 3/4 bath room, in American.

and heybruce thanks for the contacts i'll get onto them asap :) really appreciate the effort you went through sending that list... :D

You're welcome, and it was no problem. I go on an apartment hunt every year or year and a half, and I learned to bookmark useful websites.