4th July Independence Day Celebration

jarhead50200

Dear Sir of Madam:

The Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 12074 in conjunction with the U.S. Consulate is inviting you and everyone in Chiang Mai to our annual 4th of July 2010 USA Independence Day Celebration, please see attached flyer. Please visit our web site.

For the price of the ticket you will receive all you can eat THE DUKES RESTAURANT, music, dancing and entertainment all day, thousands of dollars of prizes in our raffle, fireworks, and one of our sponsors CREATIVE KINGDOM will present a mini style Disney theme park for the children,

Thank you in advance for supporting our event.

Sincerely,

Vinnie Francis

VFW Chiang Mai Post 12074

4th July 2010 Event Team Leader

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they meant that the event BBQ will be catered by The Duke's Restaurant.

True. And for those of you who will be attending, please give us advance notification so Duke's will have a rough head-count.

It's gonna be a GOOD ONE!

I think they meant that the event BBQ will be catered by The Duke's Restaurant.

True. And for those of you who will be attending, please give us advance notification so Duke's will have a rough head-count.

It's gonna be a GOOD ONE!

Advanced notification meaning please advance purchase your tickets. At the door they cost 50 Baht more. Maybe Jarhead50200 can let everyone know where to get tickets?

Its always the whiners that like to come out and bash. Just goes to show when your number one everybody wants a piece of you. :)

There are four thread topics that bring them out without fail: The 4th of July, The World Series, Pizza, and Beer.

Edited by OriginalPoster

Off topic post and the following posts quoting it have been removed. Let's not make this a political thread please, it's about a party/celebration.

Is this party for 'Septics' only, or can everybody join in :)

Off topic post and the following posts quoting it have been removed. Let's not make this a political thread please, it's about a party/celebration.

Is this party for 'Septics' only, or can everybody join in :)

I hope that those that call Americans "septics" would not come.

For those that may have problems with the .pdf file, here is a snapshot summarizing most things. Appears they will let anyone in, even Brits. :D

So... How much DOES it cost then? It doesn't say. (It may be in the PDF, but the PDF seems corrupted and doesn't open properly.)

Another tricky one would be the requirement for photo ID for children. Not sure my 4 year old terrorist girl has one. :)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

For those that may have problems with the .pdf file, here is a snapshot summarizing most things. Appears they will let anyone in, even Brits. :D

So... How much DOES it cost then? It doesn't say. Another tricky one would be the requirement for photo ID for children. Not sure my 4 year old terrorist girl has one. :)

Details can be had at www.4julychiangmai.com

Loads of details on that site, but no price. And a PDF with with the last page corrupted.

The information is there I just opened it. The price is 300 baht for adults, 200 baht under 12, and under 6 no charge.

I didnt know that there was a VFW here. Can you send me the info on membership. I wont be able to make the party. The wife is having a baby and travel will be limited.

Hi PhilB

Go to our main website: vfw-chiangmai.org

Send me a PM if I can help with anything, Brother.

Ken/Dustoff

Webmaster

Chiang Mai VFW Post 12074

Tywais - Thanks for cleaning up... :)

Loads of details on that site, but no price. And a PDF with with the last page corrupted.

The image I posted above has the prices also Winnie.

No it doesn't.. (or I'm going blind or dyslexic).. I'll take Gotlost's word for it though that it's 300 baht. :)

The image I posted above has the prices also Winnie.

No it doesn't.. (or I'm going blind or dyslexic).. I'll take Gotlost's word for it though that it's 300 baht. :)

As far as I can see, the problem is likely your's Winnie.

I posted the latest update on the 4July site and I just checked it and the two links posted here. The cost is clearly there at the bottom of the flyer, both for advance purchase and at the gate.

You may wish to examine your .pdf reader. I checked with two different readers and had no problem. I also did not find any corrupted pages.

I am not the creator of the .pdf files but noticed that I had to adjust the magnification of the pages for my own convenience.

I had to magnify to read the smaller pages at the top then seriously reduce to view the map of the location.

300 advance purchase, 350 at the gate. Kids 200 & 250, under six years of age free.

Will hope to see you there.

Ken/Dustoff

My apologies Winnie, I managed to cut off the bottom part when I took the screen snapshot. It is correct now, full page.

No it doesn't.. (or I'm going blind or dyslexic).. I'll take Gotlost's word for it though that it's 300 baht. :D

My apologies Winnie, I managed to cut off the bottom part when I took the screen snapshot. It is correct now, full page.

Oops - I was so busy thinking it may be a prob with the website postings that I missed that.

That's what I get for staying up past my bedtime... :)

Hubby and I had a great time last year and just put up a flyer for this year's event at a restaurant on our soi.

But, given the questions about parking, let me add mine about the toilets. Last year the portable toilet set-up was frightful -- Thai style with water ankle deep around the toilets. I saw American mothers trying to get crying children to use the toilets. I really want to enjoy some of the American beer and stay long enough to enjoy the Duke's buffet twice, but it's not as easy for us women to take care of the call of nature as it is for the men.