Looking For Teacher For 8 Year Old

Dirk_brijs

Looking for a teacher who can help me 8 year old son with his English after school.

The idea would be from 5pm to 6pm one hour after school to help him develop his English basic skills and help him with his English home work.

He starts in BEST for the first time mixed English and Thai education so he will be behind in his English classes. Thats where you are supposed to come in and help him.

If you are the person or know someone who can help please contact me here or in PM and tell me what your price would be for 5 days one hour a day to help my son with his English.

Again doesnt have to be a native English speaker, Thai with good english sklls or Philipino would do just fine.

(Good math teaching skills would help alot too)

Hope hearing form you soon

Dirk

Dirk,

I am a retired High School principal from the USA. Classroom teacher for 10 years, Special education. I have taught all subjects in grades K-12.

My English skills, spoken and written, are excellent.

I would base a daily curriculum around his homework or current study area.

My fee per day would be 1000 baht.

I live in the Chonburi area. Contact me if you are interested.

Thank you.

Dirk,

I am a retired High School principal from the USA. Classroom teacher for 10 years, Special education. I have taught all subjects in grades K-12.

Thank you.

I think OP only wants 1 hour of tuition.

Wow! Taught ALL subjects in through all grade levels. Now that is impressive - if a tad unlikely! :)

Dirk,

Thank you.

I think OP only wants 1 hour of tuition.

An instructor with his qualifications commonly earns 700-900 baht an hour in the university system or international schools here in LOS. I would say that 1000 baht for the one hour per day is quite reasonable considering his qualifications, travel time and preparation time.

Edited by toptuan

I have an American Teacher that we use for our 7 year old daughter and he is good. Ajarn Brian cell #089-935-3506. He teaches her English and math. In less than a year my seven year old is doing 6th grade english but she already speaks english as her first language, Followed by Thai, Waray (philippine dialect) and a smattering of Spanish and Mandarin. This guy is highly recommended and is in his mid 50's, non drinker, non smoker

Dirk,

Thank you.

1000 baht/day to help with school subjects including English... sounds like a real good deal. Our neighbor's son attends BEST and his English skill (Spoken) is very poor.

my sons english skills arent the best either he only tends to even try and speak english when I am home and that aint that much me working on ships.

So need a dedicated person with alot of patience I can imagine knowing my son.

thats 5K a week that makes 20K a month?

mmm that makes 9 months school thats about 180K nah I rather send him to a real international school then

its just to help him talking some English around the house

Hey Dirk...

The teacher I mentioned earlier...Brian...charges 600B per hour and also speaks fairly good Thai so would be able to do a better job with your kid rather than someone who doesn't. I agree that the 1,000 per day is too much, yet at 600 I feel it is worth it based on the tremendous results and the fact that getting a full hour of one on one is maybe at par with a class of 30-40 kids not getting that much personal time. He also supplies all the workbooks and has 32 years experience in japan, Hawaii and Thailand