Red-Shirt Leaders To Spell Out Conditions In Joining Peace Process

webfact

Big frickin' surprise; more B/S posturing and rhetoric from the red stage at Rachaprasong. :D

Playing to the crowd, speaking but saying NOTHING.

Nattawut must have taken Whacky-Weng's college accredited circuitous speaking class. :D

For those interested, turn on red radio 'located at 106.8 on your FM dial"; listen for yourself. (if you can't understand thai, have your thai significant other translate the b/s for you)..

It would be pathetic if it wasn't so serious for the protestors and country as a whole. :D )

(Sorry for red apologists :) ; nifty red foot clapper IS NOT included!! :D )

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big frickin' surprise; more B/S posturing and rhetoric from the red stage at Rachaprasong. :D

Playing to the crowd, speaking but saying NOTHING.

Nattawut must have taken Whacky-Weng's college accredited circuitous speaking class. :D

For those interested, turn on red radio 'located at 106.8 on your FM dial"; listen for yourself. (if you can't understand thai, have your thai significant other translate the b/s for you)..

It would be pathetic if it wasn't so serious for the protestors and country as a whole. :D )

(Sorry for red apologists :) ; nifty red foot clapper IS NOT included!! :D )

106.85 FM, but only limited coverage around the protest side, plus maybe a few more km radius only. Also, lots of noise & spike by funny high frequency disruption signals.

NEWS FLASH: Red Rachaprasong Radio now has the engrish language mouthpiece for UDD speaking.

It's between 106.75-106.85 (depending on how strong the government blocking signal is in your area).

Sometimes it gets better reception if you hold your antenna. Inconvenient at best :)

Seems they're looking for any way in which not to get this thing resolved.

1. Agree to election on November 14

2. Knowing that election on November 14 is dependent on dispersing the rally;

3. Make dispersion dependent on Suthep turning himself in for arrest under terrorism charges

4. Make dispersion depended on Abhisit turning himself in for arrest under terrorism charges

5. Unless of course there ARE NO CHARGES FOR ANYONE - i.e. make dispersion dependent on complete amnesty (which isn't going to happen.)

They don't intend on going anywhere.

Oups! Seems Suthep agreed to the condition and will turn himself in tomorrow with DSI - don't know the charges though (haven't hear of any.) :)

Edited by Neurath

Absolute bucket full of nothing from the Red Shirt Brigade leaders.

The usual rhetoric of WE WANT YOU MUST GIVE or we'll not come and play.

The Red Shirt Brigade leaders took a gamble they lost, yet again they prove that they are nothing but eunuchs.

They do not want an end to the protest because then the Red Shirt Brigade leaders will of course have to face the consequences of their actions.

Their protest was and still is in defiance of the law irrespective of what administration is or was in power, there is no leeway allowable for the procrastination for these losers of the Red Shirt Brigade leadership.

Edited by siampolee

If it is really true that the international community needs to "resist evil", then one needs to be consistent in that view. Was the coup that deposed an elected government here not wrong? (Does it REALLY make me an apologist for the Reds to keep asking this question?)

The coup was certainly illegal, but was it wrong? If the government and Prime Minister of the day were respecting rule of law I would have said yeah it was wrong. But with a corrupt PM actively undermining democracy and rule of law (executive summary!) - I think Sondhi had to choose between two evils and he chose what he thought was the lesser one.

And if perchance you agree, then what exactly is wrong with the red demand that elections come quickly? The government has cut one full year off their original timetable and should be congratulated for this.

I think the reds should be happy with the compromise offered by the PM - he didn't have to do that. But what they should really be happy about is the offer of a welfare system for low income people. That's the only positive step to emerge from this whole mess. Pity it has largely been ignored.

Oh, you dont like the fact that the reds are exacting economic pain on others? Well, that's exaclty what Gandhi and Martin Luther King did, if that thought makes u feel any better. And what the Yellows did. But regardless of whether u think its right or wrong, it a thai issue, not one for arrogant europeans to judge.

It's a Thai issue? I have a Thai family and we live and work in areas frequented by bomb-throwing crazies. So who are you to say I shouldn't have an opinion about it?

And one way to do that is to call out bloggers here who are baying for red blood, or who call some of the thais who host them "kwai" and other disgusting names. These are bitter comments by bitter people.

Go ahead and out the blood bayers, by all means (there's a few on the red stage too). But I don't buy this nonsense about 'we are guests here' and 'hosted by Thais' and should therefore ignore any wrong and injustice that we see.

To the poster known as "earthpig":

Don't let anything like FACTS get in the way of your posting penchants. That would negate ALL your red-goggle tinted posts. (Which are funny to read in a very sick sort of way. ..)

Enough said. ..

EXCEPT; even though I have you on IGNORE, I still see the posts where people quote your pathetic mindless sock-puppet red-rhetoric.

Sad really :)

I guess there are TOO many people (read; foreigners) married to 'red thaiz'; who can't understand the thai language enough on their own to formulate a thought, unless it’s spoon-fed to them from their thai (in)significant other. :D:D

And now back to the PISSING MATCH already in progress. .. ...

If not kept well separated, democracy can all too easily slip into dictatorship. By his actions this is exactly what Thaksin was attempting before the coup, appointing cronies and family to positions of power, and creating law specifically for his own financial gain.

At the time of the coup he was NOT the PM, having resigned...Also, please do not refer to all expatriates as "european", it is at least inaccurate and at worst, insulting.

At the time of the coup Thaksin was not PM? Huh?

Those who bay for thai blood should at the very least understand the most basic aspects of recent thai history. the profound, mind boggling ignorance of at least this poster on a matter so central to this discussion shows the level of unsophistication, to say the least, of those who lust to see blood on the streets.

this poster's asseertion that i have somewhere refered to all expatriates as europeans is equally bizarre.

i suppose that in the evenings alcohol begins to play a role in ranting of some posters.

The coup was certainly illegal, but was it wrong? If the government and Prime Minister of the day were respecting rule of law I would have said yeah it was wrong. But with a corrupt PM actively undermining democracy and rule of law (executive summary!) - I think Sondhi had to choose between two evils and he chose what he thought was the lesser one.

crushdepth,

If you believe that the coup was the right thing to do to get rid of Thaksin i have no problem whatsoever with you expressing that opinion. And if there are thai citizens who believe that that same coup deprived them of hope for a better life, then i would hope that you would respect their decision to express their opinions.

Remember, you are already on record of supporting extra legal approaches to political change. Do you wish to display a double standard in this regard, or are armed coups somehow acceptable and largely peaceful protests not?

A great number of thais who do not agree with the reds political point of view do not appear to wish upon the reds the sort of violence that some very shameless foreign posters here repeatedely and callously call for.

And i do not shy from my view that to wish violence upon citizens of a country that allow us as foreigners to live here is especially wicked.

If not kept well separated, democracy can all too easily slip into dictatorship. By his actions this is exactly what Thaksin was attempting before the coup, appointing cronies and family to positions of power, and creating law specifically for his own financial gain.

At the time of the coup he was NOT the PM, having resigned...Also, please do not refer to all expatriates as "european", it is at least inaccurate and at worst, insulting.

Those who bay for thai blood should at the very least understand the most basic aspects of recent thai history. the profound, mind boggling ignorance of at least this poster on a matter so central to this discussion shows the level of unsophistication, to say the least, of those who lust to see blood on the streets.

this poster's asseertion that i have somewhere refered to all expatriates as europeans is equally bizarre.

i suppose that in the evenings alcohol begins to play a role in ranting of some posters.

He's right, he was not PM. He did resign. He was a "caretaker", although he actually appointed another person to do that, but then took it back for himself. I remember clearly.

He's right, he was not PM. He did resign. He was a "caretaker", although he actually appointed another person to do that, but then took it back for himself. I remember clearly.

seconded!

He wanted too, but then didn't - for the "sake of his voters and the country!"

earthpig, you really should do some reading.

Thaksin was a care-taker PM at the time of the coup. The 2006 elections which Thaksin had called (only one year after the 2005 election) was to white wash his sale of Shin Corp to Temasek.

The 2006 election was invalidated (prior to the coup) because of Election Commission irregularities (no privacy while voting, among other things).

Thaksin resigned 2 days after the election. But then recanted on that a few days later. He was appointed care-taker PM by the King. As per the constitution, Thaksin was supposed to organise elections within 6 months of the invalidated elections, but failed to do that in time.

So not only was Thaksin care-taker PM at the time of the coup, but he had even out-stayed his constitutional welcome by not organising elections in the required time.

A great number of thais who do not agree with the reds political point of view do not appear to wish upon the reds the sort of violence that some very shameless foreign posters here repeatedely and callously call for.

And i do not shy from my view that to wish violence upon citizens of a country that allow us as foreigners to live here is especially wicked.

Such foreigners may be in for a rude awakening after the election and they trace their identity from their IP address :)

Such foreigners may be in for a rude awakening after the election and they trace their identity from their IP address :)

RED DEMOCRACY at work. Nothing about freedom of speech. Just payback.

Edited by whybother

Election may be delayed from November 14 if the red-shirt leaders continue the rally in Bangkok, acting government spokesman Panithan Wattanayakorn said Tuesday.

Now watch the red supporters come out saying "I told you the government can't be trusted".

It's an offer that has been on the table for a week. The reds haven't accepted it, so it's going to be taken off the table.

Edited by whybother

not at all..................no different to USA's standards

Inciting HATE and VIOLENCE isn't FREE SPEECH

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

"Special exceptions "

if it involves speech beyond the First Amendment's protection like incitement to immediate violence or defamation.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

"Special exceptions "

if it involves speech beyond the First Amendment's protection like incitement to immediate violence or defamation.

"Inciting HATE and VIOLENCE isn't FREE SPEECH"

Cool. Go and tell the red leaders that so that they will stop complaining about their Red TV being taken off air.

If it is really true that the international community needs to "resist evil", then one needs to be consistent in that view. Was the coup that deposed an elected government here not wrong? (Does it REALLY make me an apologist for the Reds to keep asking this question?)

And if perchance you agree, then what exactly is wrong with the red demand that elections come quickly? The government has cut one full year off their original timetable and should be congratulated for this.

I think the reds should be happy with the compromise offered by the PM - he didn't have to do that. But what they should really be happy about is the offer of a welfare system for low income people. That's the only positive step to emerge from this whole mess. Pity it has largely been ignored.

Oh, you dont like the fact that the reds are exacting economic pain on others? Well, that's exaclty what Gandhi and Martin Luther King did, if that thought makes u feel any better. And what the Yellows did. But regardless of whether u think its right or wrong, it a thai issue, not one for arrogant europeans to judge.

It's a Thai issue? I have a Thai family and we live and work in areas frequented by bomb-throwing crazies. So who are you to say I shouldn't have an opinion about it?

And one way to do that is to call out bloggers here who are baying for red blood, or who call some of the thais who host them "kwai" and other disgusting names. These are bitter comments by bitter people.

Go ahead and out the blood bayers, by all means (there's a few on the red stage too). But I don't buy this nonsense about 'we are guests here' and 'hosted by Thais' and should therefore ignore any wrong and injustice that we see.

At the time of the coup in 2006:

Thaksin was an expired caretaker PM, who had resigned his office.

He then decided he didn't want to resign a week later

and just took the job with out a by your leave to HRM,

who's constitutional position is to sign off on PM and Cabinet positions.

Technically; Thaksin was not even PM when the coup happened.

There was no parliament, he had dissolved it while still fully PM. His last action.

He was caretaker PM tasked with running a fair election. He failed.

The Dems refused to run, which was their right to do,

and their choice not to validate Thaksin's sale of national assets to Singapore.

No law says ANY party MUST run in any or all elections

Thaksin's party got caught trying to get 20% by buying parties

to run against them and thus lower the % threshold.

The election commision ALL spent time in jail for their biased decisions

on running this election to favor Thaksin's side.

This set of circumstances lead to the coup, and the false bombing attempt on Thaksin,

to try and get him and SOE and unlimited dictatorial power.

Sometimes a coup to remove corruption at the top ends up the only choice.

Most coups here have not been so cut a dried.

Nor as publicly popular as this one was at the time.

At the time of the coup in 2006:

Thaksin was an expired caretaker PM, who had resigned his office.

He then decided he didn't want to resign a week later

and just took the job with out a by your leave to HRM,

who's constitutional position is to sign off on PM and Cabinet positions.

Technically; Thaksin was not even PM when the coup happened.

There was no parliament, he had dissolved it while still fully PM. His last action.

He was caretaker PM tasked with running a fair election. He failed.

The Dems refused to run, which was their right to do,

and their choice not to validate Thaksin's sale of national assets to Singapore.

No law says ANY party MUST run in any or all elections

Thaksin's party got caught trying to get 20% by buying parties

to run against them and thus lower the % threshold.

The election commision ALL spent time in jail for their biased decisions

on running this election to favor Thaksin's side.

This set of circumstances lead to the coup, and the false bombing attempt on Thaksin,

to try and get him and SOE and unlimited dictatorial power.

Sometimes a coup to remove corruption at the top ends up the only choice.

Most coups here have not been so cut a dried.

Nor as publicly popular as this one was at the time.

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

"Special exceptions "

So you must absolutely agree with government censorship of red radio and TV then.

So you must absolutely agree with government censorship of red radio and TV then.

Yep. I had weeks of it inflicted on me. They were actively inciting confrontations (aka violence) with the authorities - not to mention spewing a constant stream of outright lies that even Kim Il Jong would have been proud of.

I doubt that many of the people 'outraged at censorship' have actually watched any of it, the content was obviously indefensible if you have any understanding of the law.

Yep. I had weeks of it inflicted on me. They were actively inciting confrontations (aka violence) with the authorities - not to mention spewing a constant stream of outright lies that even Kim Il Jong would have been proud of.

I doubt that many of the people 'outraged at censorship' have actually watched any of it, the content was obviously indefensible if you have any understanding of the law.

I wonder if there s any law here against noise pollution? I would love to bring a criminal suit against the stage stooges. Maybe I can sue them for my tinnitus!

At the time of the coup he was NOT the PM, having resigned...

Right. And so by your logic Gordon Brown is not today PM of Britain.

The level of logical analysis, not to mention historical understanding, is revealed for all to laugh at.

The level of logical analysis, not to mention historical understanding, is revealed for all to laugh at.

He isnt he has stepped down as leader of the Labour party, they had an election and Labour came third.

What a clown this earthpig is where do the reds find them?

Gordon Brown IS NOT PM of Britain today. They had an election. No one has been able to claim victory. (at least last time I checked)

In Thailand, a year after the 2005 election, Thaksin dissolved parliament. That meant that he was no longer PM.

There was no result in the 2006 election. Thaksin could get enough seats to satisfy the constitution even without any opposition. 2 days after the election, Thaksin resigned, and then changed his mind a few days later. The Constitution Court later invalidated the election because of irregularities by the Election Commission. This was all BEFORE the coup.

Thaksin was appointed care-taker PM by the King. As part of that role, according to the constitution, he was supposed to organise new elections within 6 months of the previous elections. He organised elections for October 2006, 8 months after the previous elections.

The coup happened in September 2006.

Thaksin was CARE-TAKER PM. Not the elected PM. There was no elected government ousted by the coup.

Who's laughing now?

Edited by whybother

I wonder if there is a way to automatically replace every post on the board with an explanation of how the parliamentary system works here in LOS and a brief run-down of recent Thai political history... just for certain posters.

I wonder if there s any law here against noise pollution? I would love to bring a criminal suit against the stage stooges. Maybe I can sue them for my tinnitus!

There are, believe it or not. Thailand has some rather strong laws about disturbance that brings harm or loss to others. It's a civil case so you need to show what your losses are. It's referred to as la meut.

At first it might seem surprising but on the other hand one could argue that Thailand needs such laws.

I'm sure any yellow lawyer could help you. Maybe you can sue Arisman.

Edited by rabo

I wonder if there is a way to automatically replace every post on the board with an explanation of how the parliamentary system works here in LOS and a brief run-down of recent Thai political history... just for certain posters.

A FAQ thread that you can point people to each time they make a stupid and incorrect statement.

It's amazing how many times people have to be told that Thaksin wasn't the elected PM when the coup occurred.