Bangkok: Policeman Killed, 7 Policemen, 2 Civilians Injured In Double Attacks

webfact

Same old same old here.

All the reds get blocked and deleted here.

The anti-Reds are free to trash the reds with names and attacks.

Fair and honest just like Fox News in America.

P.S

Thanks a lot Australia for giving that Nazi, Rupert, a passport so that he could move to America and feed the right-wing nuts, a strong but vocal minority, in the states.

Might I suggest that fairness be used more on the filtering of posts.

I understand that the current government is not red but take into account Thai visa, that the future could be different.

Curious juxtaposition.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Same old same old here.

All the reds get blocked and deleted here.

The anti-Reds are free to trash the reds with names and attacks.

Fair and honest just like Fox News in America.

P.S

Thanks a lot Australia for giving that Nazi, Rupert, a passport so that he could move to America and feed the right-wing nuts, a strong but vocal minority, in the states.

Might I suggest that fairness be used more on the filtering of posts.

I understand that the current government is not red but take into account Thai visa, that the future could be different.

And you think the redshirts are not right-wing extremists?

Lets see... Redshirts have twice rampaged in Bangkok,... last year they attacked mosques, just as the SA attacked Jews and synagogues. They back a fugitive whose party and it's successors used bribes, intimidation, and threat of death to maintain a political grip on the North - and still do. They beat up people who oppose them and at their worst attack unarmed counter demonstrators with grenades resulting in the death and injury of people exercising their right to demonstratem, but of course the redshirts think that right only exists for them not for people who disagree with them,... Yep pretty danged liberal that isn't it... beating and murdering the opposition... not right-wing at all, never mind the parallels with the brownshirts and blackshirts of the 1930s in Europe. Yep, you are an astute observer.... I agree Rupert is a fascist, but you cannot see the fascist nature of the redshirts. And their boss whose treatment of the Muslim population was brutal and who has been alleged to have sanctioned death squads - his crimes were not just economic apparently.

Personally I think Thailand should distance itself from western countries that ask it to tolerate what they never would (can you imagine if this were Capital Hill or Times Square in the US?)....

The present government WAS elected, just as much as the Thaksin puppet PM's that preceded it. Why do the red shirts continue to repeat the lie that Abhisit wasn't legitimately elected? It hurts their credibility even more, not that their reputation can be damaged much further.

Because Abhisit would have never gotten to power if the army didn't first remove a legitimately elected government with the coup. How hard is that to understand? I keep seeing people blame the red shirts for the deaths and injuries, saying if they never came to protest, the people wouldn't have died or gotten injured.

Well, the same thing applies to the coup. If the army didn't make the coup, the red shirts would have never had to protest and therefor the people wouldn't have died or gotten injured. So really, the deaths are the army's fault, aren't they?

The present government WAS elected, just as much as the Thaksin puppet PM's that preceded it. Why do the red shirts continue to repeat the lie that Abhisit wasn't legitimately elected? It hurts their credibility even more, not that their reputation can be damaged much further.

Because Abhisit would have never gotten to power if the army didn't first remove a legitimately elected government with the coup. How hard is that to understand? I keep seeing people blame the red shirts for the deaths and injuries, saying if they never came to protest, the people wouldn't have died or gotten injured.

Well, the same thing applies to the coup. If the army didn't make the coup, the red shirts would have never had to protest and therefor the people wouldn't have died or gotten injured. So really, the deaths are the army's fault, aren't they?

My only regret about the coup is that they let the western so-called "democracies" pressure them into premature elections. They should have told the West where to go and given time to deal with social issues, educate people, and ensure fair elections, something beyond the grasp of billionaire Thaksin who saw elections as another commodity to purchase... just as he purchases the redshirts as a private army...

My only regret about the coup is that they let the western so-called "democracies" pressure them into premature elections. They should have told the West where to go and given time to deal with social issues, educate people, and ensure fair elections, something beyond the grasp of billionaire Thaksin who saw elections as another commodity to purchase... just as he purchases the redshirts as a private army...

The money argument. Works every time, doesn't it? Maybe for the gullible ones.

Did you complain about the two Thaksin puppet PM's before Abhisit? No, I didn't think so.

I follow your logique to the roots: If Thaksin hadn't be corrupt and cheating his own people a coup would not have been necessary and so on.

This logique is outside any discussion.

And if Thaksin hadn't been a criminal there wouldn't have been a coup to remove him, so it's really Thaksin's fault isn't it.

Just the facts sir. I have a redshirt friend in the East (not taking part in any of the rallies)... She admitted to me that Thaksin's money has been used to bribe officials and voters, as well as acknowledging that the demonstrators were paid to be here. In fact early in this she said if the PM wanted to end this, he should completely cut off the flow of money from Thaksin and then move in under cover of darkness with live rounds - she said no money and getting shot they would go home, because they are there for money and not to get killed... She also told me that if I came to her province and said I like the dems I would not leave alive, a telling statement about redshirt ideas of democracy...

Marx wrote an essay about the power of money in capitalist society, and thaksin is a prime example to prove Marx's words... Prime Minister Abhisit is far more a progressive than and even to the left of socially than former prime minister and fugitive Thaksin.

And if Thaksin hadn't been a criminal there wouldn't have been a coup to remove him, so it's really Thaksin's fault isn't it.

And so, it's really Thaksin's parents' fault then?

Get's pretty ridiculous when no one takes any responsibility for their own actions. Blame the reds, blame the yellows, blame Thaksin still it doesn't excuse you from what you do.

Just the facts sir. I have a redshirt friend in the East (not taking part in any of the rallies)... She admitted to me that Thaksin's money has been used to bribe officials and voters, as well as acknowledging that the demonstrators were paid to be here. In fact early in this she said if the PM wanted to end this, he should completely cut off the flow of money from Thaksin and then move in under cover of darkness with live rounds - she said no money and getting shot they would go home, because they are there for money and not to get killed... She also told me that if I came to her province and said I like the dems I would not leave alive, a telling statement about redshirt ideas of democracy...

Marx wrote an essay about the power of money in capitalist society, and thaksin is a prime example to prove Marx's words... Prime Minister Abhisit is far more a progressive than and even to the left of socially than former prime minister and fugitive Thaksin.

I've said it before, but Bangkok residents really don't need to go far at all to hear first hand accounts of people being paid to attend in some capacity. Last Thursday was the most testimonial for me at between 700-800 baht a day.

Problem with freezing accounts is knowing exactly what accounts to freeze. Firing shots in the dark could also be idea given the previous strong evidence supporting agent provocateurs working with the "red guard".

No, it starts with Adam and Eve.

No, it starts with Adam and Eve.

Amen.

Simple list of problems for Thailand's ruling 20 families.

1) Thailand faces pressure from World democratic nations to hold real and fair elections.

2) Possible trade sanctions if Thailand fails to hold real elections.

3) Elections will almost surely give the Reds power.

4) Thai poor are in a slow but sure up-rising

5) Older members of the Thai 20 family group, do not want real democracy in any way.

6) Thai army is split. Most lower end troops including lower end officers, are for the reds. Most generals, but not all, are for the current ruling group.

Thai civilization doesn't have the chicken or the egg, it has only the buffalo and the dinasaour. 'Therefore' (a word so many like to throw around as if it meant some grand deduction), which came first - the dinasaour or the buffalo? For my money, it's a flat-footed tie.

Few however would argue that Abhisit is none of the above.

1) Thailand faces pressure from World democratic nations to hold real and fair elections.

5) Older members of the Thai 20 family group, do not want real democracy in any way.

6) Thai army is split. Most lower end troops including lower end officers, are for the reds. Most generals, but not all, are for the current ruling group.

And the so-called democracies should mind their own business and clean their own houses first. Thailand is a sovereign kingdom and not a colony of the so called democratic west (actually a form of corporatism). Thailand should turn East not West.... To China especially....

Did you complain about the two Thaksin puppet PM's before Abhisit? No, I didn't think so.

They were "puppets" alright, but at least their parties were democratically elected. Not "coup-installed" after the army general pushed the small coalition parties towards forming an alliance with the Democrats.

They were "puppets" alright, but at least their parties were democratically elected. Not "coup-installed" after the army general pushed the small coalition parties towards forming an alliance with the Democrats.

Parties, many of which had promised voters they would oppose the Thaksin parties....

And I seriously doubt that Newin was coerced - perhaps the dems sweetened the pot but that is how the Thaksin parties gained the support of parties that went against their voters to back the Thaksin-backed parties.... You can't have it bothe ways and they they were democratically elected but not the Democrat-led coalition. Talk about a hypocritical position. Like your using the name Che Guevara to back a billionaire's supporters....

Castro would kick Thaksin's puny capitalist behind...

And the so-called democracies should mind their own business and clean their own houses first. Thailand is a sovereign kingdom and not a colony of the so called democratic west (actually a form of corporatism). Thailand should turn East not West.... To China especially....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a direct quote from one of your posts.

"Marx wrote an essay about the power of money in capitalist society, and thaksin is a prime example to prove Marx's words... Prime Minister Abhisit is far more a progressive than and even to the left of socially than former prime minister

and fugitive Thaksin."

So you like Red China?

That is where Thailand should go for leadership?

I think most Thais would strongly disagree with you.

For sure, the ruling class would dislike your view.

So are you against the reds but for red China?

You say Thailand should lean to China but you hate socialism and communism?

Strange fews

Comrade Che, why do I suspect that this whole business of the army coup you cling to is nothing but a rhetorical convenience for you? If the army turned out to be more red-heavy than most people think, and launched a coup tomorrow to throw out Abhisit, you know you'd be perfectly OK with that. You just want to give the impression (for consumption by the non-thinking proletarian) that it's all about that coup. You're just pro-red, period, and if it wasn't the coup that ousted Thaksin it'd be something else. All's fair, as long as it's the reds that benefit by it.

Edited by hawker9000

It´s about time now to arrest these criminals!

Who are the criminals here, the government who stole power and were never elected by the people or the poor and the working class who want democracy? I do not for a second condone the violence but you are a guest in Thailand. Show some respect for the people who are willing to risk their lives for democracy. I can only assume that you come from a democratic country and would not tolerate the elite in your country to steal all the power and control.

It´s about time now to arrest these criminals!

Who are the criminals here, the government who stole power and were never elected by the people or the poor and the working class who want democracy? I do not for a second condone the violence but you are a guest in Thailand. Show some respect for the people who are willing to risk their lives for democracy. I can only assume that you come from a democratic country and would not tolerate the elite in your country to steal all the power and control.

'Seems like it's those who oppose the reds who're actually at greater risk than the reds themselves who only claim to represent the "poor and the working class", rather than one ousted, but very rich, PM.

Edited by hawker9000

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Marx wrote an essay about the power of money in capitalist society, and thaksin is a prime example to prove Marx's words... Prime Minister Abhisit is far more a progressive than and even to the left of socially than former prime minister

and fugitive Thaksin."

So you like Red China?

Strange fews

I said I hate socialism? Where...? I have admired China since I was a teen in the 60s. And yes I like China. And most Thai I talk to see the West as declining in power and China gaining the ascendancy as the superpower of the 21st century, while the West rests on the laurels of the first half of the 20th century.... Indeed Thailand is gradually moving closer to China economically and strategically. The sun is setting on the West and rising in the East...

Against the reds and for China - there is co correlation between the redshirts and China other than that some are former maoists (such as Dr. Weng) who have now sold their souls to Thaksin. There is no significant communist or left movement in Thailand, and the reds are in no way socialist, no more than Hitler's SA who usurped socialist rhetoric for a fascist and racist agenda. Though whether China is socialist any longer or not is a subject that is open to debate...

You might find yourself surprised by how much admiration there is for China amongst Thais, unless of course your associations are primarily bargirls... Everyone I speak too see China as the center in this century.

If the redshirts were genuine socialists instead of a billionaire's private army their complaints of social injustice might resound with me, though I find I like the Thai way of things. But I like the Thai monarchy and have embraced the concept of Dhammic Socialism espoused by Buddhadasa. As it is however, their slogans are no more than empty rhetoric aimed at the return of a genuine reactionary to a position of power in Thailand.

As it is in Thailand I see no need for faux revolutionaries cloaking themselves in left rhetoric.

And I support the monarchy here, perhaps the only place in the world where I can say that,

So please before you ascribe things to me, get your facts straight dear Mr. Bradley. You can read right? I just wonder because you ascribe sentiments to me that I never expressed or seem to assume that I should support the reds... Mr. Bradley am I correct that you mistakenly consider the reds socialist? And that you therefore blindly support them because of that mistaken assumption? Or is it beyond your cognitive abilities to recognize the incongruence between their rhetoric and their support for a billionaire along with their violent actions against anyone who disagrees with them?

Mr Bradley China will eclipse all the Western countries to rise in the 21st century to be the economic, technological, scientific, and military power of the 21st century. And China is where countries in the East, including Thailand, will shift their alliances. But this is Thailand Mr. Bradley and the redshirts are the topic. Where has China indicated any support for the reds? And where has China criticized Thailand in the slightest. Unlike the failed democracies of the West that tell Thailand to placate these terrorists while using drones to take out Al Qaeda leaders and dang anyone who is near them in the process....

If I had belief in the West I would still be there, instead of in a kingdom that I love and would die for, and which I don't want to see destroyed by redshirt tyranny. And the tyrants in Thailand are indeed in the red camp. The Prime Minister is probably the most intelligent and articulate figure in Thai politics today though I have come to appreciate and respect Newin Chidchob.

Gimme a break Mr. Bradley please... Read before you write... Hopefully you are not teacher here...

Edited by granuaile

I hear a lady this morning saying she is angry with the PM for not stopping these people, she has in the past been strongly anti red and supportive of the PM....

What the answer is I dont know although I do think the PM's approach has and is working and he can not be blamed for the actions of these murderers....

RIP for those killed and a quick recovery for the injured....

it is very very sad indeed....

the police and military leaders stated that the pm has ordered that redshirts needed to be handled with consideration, gentleness

and care.... which is great and is exactly what a civilized society should react....

so it is extremely important that redshirts need to be protected at all cost.... right? which is evidential since march.....

how about other segments of the thai society, hawkers, merchants, businessmen....? are they or are they not thai citizen as well....?

do they or do they not deserve to be equally well protected and handled with extreme care and consideration....?

or do they deserve to be injured and/or die in the process of preserving lives and dignity of a bunch of protesters who ignore law and order....?

WHOSE SIDE IS P.M. APISIT ON REALLY....? OR DOES APISIT REALLY KNOW WHAT HE IS DOING?

my heart bleeds for those who were injured and several who died, especially those defenseless civil servants who followed apisit's order.... peaceful and without weapons.... while attempting to protect their own enemy of the state....

apisit.... the court several weeks ago chastised you for coming to the court and seeking sanction from the court to dissolve the illegal gathering....

the judge told you succinctly that you are already empowered by the constitution to keep law and order of the land.... and that you truly do not need to seek further sanction from any court.... to clean up the illegal gathering.... and that has been weeks ago....

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE SINCE, MY DEAR P.M.... ?????

MANY LIVES HAVE BEEN LOST SINCE THAT DAY BECAUSE OF YOUR UNWILLINGNESS TO CARRY OUT YOUR LAWFUL DUTIES AS THE CHAMPION OF THE LAWS....

if you are unwilling to care for and protect the innocents as well.... perhaps it is about time that you should allow someone else to resolve this mess.... more expeditiously under the laws and constitutional authority.... <your friend who is choking....>

and fugitive Thaksin."

So you like Red China?

Strange fews

I said I hate socialism? Where...? I have admired China since I was a teen in the 60s. And yes I like China. And most Thai I talk to see the West as declining in power and China gaining the ascendancy as the superpower of the 21st century, while the West rests on the laurels of the first half of the 20th century.... Indeed Thailand is gradually moving closer to China economically and strategically. The sun is setting on the West and rising in the East...

Against the reds and for China - there is co correlation between the redshirts and China other than that some are former maoists (such as Dr. Weng) who have now sold their souls to Thaksin. There is no significant communist or left movement in Thailand, and the reds are in no way socialist, no more than Hitler's SA who usurped socialist rhetoric for a fascist and racist agenda.

If the redshirts were genuine socialists instead of a billionaire's private army their complaints of social injustice might resound with me, though I find I like the Thai way of things. But I like the Thai monarchy and have embraced the concept of Dhammic Socialism espoused by Buddhadasa. As it is however, their slogans are no more than empty rhetoric aimed at the return of a genuine reactionary to a position of power in Thailand. As it is in Thailand His Majesty the King and the royal family have been a force for the positive.

You might find yourself surprised by how much admiration there is for China amongst Thais, unless of course your associations are primarily bargirls...

So please before you ascribe things to me, get your facts straight dear Mr. Bradley. You can read right? I just wonder because you ascribe sentiments to me that I never expressed or seem to assume that I should support the reds... Mr. Bradley am I correct that you mistakenly consider the reds socialist? And that you therefore blindly support them because of that mistaken assumption? Or is it beyond your cognitive abilities to recognize the incongruence between their rhetoric and their support for a billionaire along with their violent actions against anyone who disagrees with them?

Mr Bradley China will eclipse all the Western countries to rise in the 21st century to be the economic, technological, scientific, and military power of the 21st century. And China is where countries in the East, including Thailand, will shift their alliances. But this is Thailand Mr. Bradley and the redshirts are the topic. Where has China indicated any support for the reds? And where has China criticized Thailand in the slightest. Unlike the failed democracies of the West that tell Thailand to placate these terrorists while using drones to take out Al Qaeda leaders and dang anyone who is near them in the process....

If I had belief in the West I would still be there, instead of in a kingdom that I love and would die for, and which I don't want to see destroyed by redshirt tyranny. And the tyrants in Thailand are indeed in the red camp. The Prime Minister is probably the most intelligent and articulate figure in Thai politics today though I have come to appreciate and respect Newin Chidchob.

Gimme a break Mr. Bradley please... Read before you write... Hopefully you are not teacher here...

and fugitive Thaksin."

So you like Red China?

Strange fews

Against the reds and for China - there is co correlation between the redshirts and China other than that some are former maoists (such as Dr. Weng) who have now sold their souls to Thaksin. There is no significant communist or left movement in Thailand, and the reds are in no way socialist, no more than Hitler's SA who usurped socialist rhetoric for a fascist and racist agenda. Though whether China is socialist any longer or not is a subject that is open to debate...

You might find yourself surprised by how much admiration there is for China amongst Thais, unless of course your associations are primarily bargirls... Everyone I speak too see China as the center in this century.

If the redshirts were genuine socialists instead of a billionaire's private army their complaints of social injustice might resound with me, though I find I like the Thai way of things. But I like the Thai monarchy and have embraced the concept of Dhammic Socialism espoused by Buddhadasa. As it is however, their slogans are no more than empty rhetoric aimed at the return of a genuine reactionary to a position of power in Thailand.

As it is in Thailand I see no need for faux revolutionaries cloaking themselves in left rhetoric.

And I support the monarchy here, perhaps the only place in the world where I can say that,

You are NOT Thai.

Why do you dislike your place of birth.

Strange.

The poor of Thailand support the Reds.

You say you are a leftist.

You are confused in backing the current government.

It is a puppet of the ruling families who have done over 17 coups.

You like Red China? The ruling 20 families hate the communists.

You love Thailand and China?

Oh well. Keep up the good work.

Using the same argument

If Thaskin had not been so currupt

the army would have never held a coup

the red shirts would have never had to protest

innocent people wouldn't have died because of the protest

So really, the deaths are Thaskin's fault, aren't they?

Using the same argument

If Thaskin had not been so currupt

the army would have never held a coup

the red shirts would have never had to protest

innocent people wouldn't have died because of the protest

So really, the deaths are Thaskin's fault, aren't they?

I thought we'd already put the blame on Adam & Eve? Why perpetuate this crap?