Sending Money To Buy Car , Need Advice

dmax

my dads in pattaya , im in uk but due to fly out on 24th may again, i need to wire him money to buy a mitsu 2.5 triton for me, the car owner is returning home and needs to sell , its a 2008 model and priced at 370,000 baht which i think is a fairly decent price, what way can i get my dad the money over cheaply , i wont use western union , can i send from uk bank to my dads bank ayudthya in pattaya. how much will it cost and if i send monday morning when will he recieve it at the other end ? i would wait untill i go over and am thinking of a way to give this guy a deposit to hold onto it but that would be stupid wouldnt it ? what if my dad gave him 5,000 baht and he gave my dad the keepers log book or something similar ?

any suggestions would be appreciated. i dont want to wait untill 25th as he may well have it sold ...cheers

SWIFT transfer (abbreviation, not the word 'swift;) is almost immediate. Costs vary depending on banks, but approx 25 sterling for mine. There's a receiving fee of 500 baht, if I recall correctly.

Get the appropriate SWIFT address from the bank in Pattaya, (as well as your father's bank account number and the name of the account - probably his name, but it's got to be the exact same as in the bank book) go into your own bank and they can send the money to his bank account.

Edit: caution regarding papers for car - Check the requirements for getting the car bought and registered in your own name, particularly if you're not going to be there at the time of the transaction. Might be better to put the car in your father's name?

Edited by JusMe