Leasing A Car

Hello All;

I'm interested in leasing a car or minivan. I'm looking for a 1 to 2 year lease. I am not too picky on what type of minivan just now sure who does leasing or long term rentals here in Bangkok.

Anyone here have a suggestion of a group that offers reliable service?

Cheers

CHS

Hi,

the depreciation of a car is in Thailand extremely low.

I would recommend you to buy a car and sale it later. A very cheap car for a single is Nissan NV.

A nice one will cost around 200k Thb., you can use it for two years and sale it again, cost you maybe around 50k Thb depreciation probably less.

Maintenance and spare parts of Japanese cars are usually dirt cheap, especially for this model.

Honda Jazz, City, Toyota Vios, Yaris are also cheap to drive but cost more initially.

Try fastcarhire.com

very good service, I have leased cars from them loads of times long term and short term. Or PM bkkmick and he will be able to help you find a car you are looking for.

They are not leases, but many car hire companies offer year-long rental deals, such as www.budget.co.th/ www.Hertz.com and ezyrentacar.com - all reliable I'd say.

I will second the suggestion of buying a second-hand car for 2 years though - it's risky but cars are cheap to service and easy to sell. For the best prices you'll have to sell privately, but if you need an immediate sale, second-hand businesses are instant.

For Thai citizens, I think the majority of cars on Thai roads are leased, mostly through businesses, where the monthly installments are tax deductable up to 36,000baht per month. This, coupled with interest free loan periods, is the most fiscally efficient way to buy a car, as leased cars are often sold with a service and maintenance plan and the insurance cost can be included in the loan; something worth considering if the OP has a Thai spouse or business partner.