Success!

Well today my partner went to pick up her passport from the couriers office which was a 3 hour drive! And success at last, we were accepted, so im booking her flight tomorrow.

Id just like to say thanks to 7by7 and the rest who replied to my other posts for all your help.

Id also like to say that we made this visa WITHOUT an agent, in my opinion if you are thinking about making a visa for your girlfriend/partner then do the paperwork yourself and save ALOT of money. Some of my partners' friends have spent fortunes on agents fees and still been refused.

Anyway good luck to all those who are still waiting for a decision

Regards

Well done

How long did it take once submitted ? Was there any delay due office closing because of the red shirts ?

Congratulations :):D

My folder has just landed in BKK today (Sunday) so with any luck the application will be in on Tuesday.

I'd also like to know how long you had to wait for a decision?

RAZZ

From day of submission until the passport arrived at the couriers office it was 10 days exactly. We had a small delay when the embassy called us for some extra documentation.

hope this helps, good luck

From day of submission until the passport arrived at the couriers office it was 10 days exactly. We had a small delay when the embassy called us for some extra documentation.

Is this for a Visit Visa? Was your application quite straight forward?

RAZZ

Is this for a Visit Visa? Was your application quite straight forward?

RAZZ

Yes this was for a 6 month visit/tourist visa. The application form is very straight forward. Just get all the supporting documents they ask for in the checklist and hand it in.

Yes this was for a 6 month visit/tourist visa. The application form is very straight forward. Just get all the supporting documents they ask for in the checklist and hand it in.

I was interested if your application was straightforward. Does your gf have a job, money, land etc? Did you have lot's of proof of contact etc etc etc?

The gf is just about to hand her's in.

RAZZ

I was interested if your application was straightforward. Does your gf have a job, money, land etc? Did you have lot's of proof of contact etc etc etc?

The gf is just about to hand her's in.

RAZZ

She has a job, money in the bank but no land. We only gave a few emails and photos as proof of contact(however we do have a child of 11months old together). A letter of sponsor from me along with my passport etc and copy of my sons passport was also provided.

In my opinion I would just make sure you have given the embassy a good reason for your gf to return to Thaialnd, that seems to be the evidence they are ultimatley looking for after all the other basic visa requirments are met.

Good luck mate

Well Done ,

As I have said before if you take your time to fill the forms in, they are not rocket science, why pay for an Agent to fill them in for you, As long as you have a history of your relationship and photos plus all the Documents, You have just as much chance as an Agent. Best of Luck now the fun starts when she gets here.

Well Done ,

As I have said before if you take your time to fill the forms in, they are not rocket science, why pay for an Agent to fill them in for you, As long as you have a history of your relationship and photos plus all the Documents, You have just as much chance as an Agent. Best of Luck now the fun starts when she gets here.

Thanks mate, i cant wait to show her around the UK. Her visit has given me a new appreciation for the UK and how much there is to do here. I get soooooooooooo bored in Issan.

So pleased for you OP. My g/f came to see me in the UK last July (2009) for 3 months on a 6 month tourist visa, however I went through a fabulous agent who virtually guaranteed a positive outcome and assisted, fetched, carried, guided the g/f through the whole process with a money-back gurantee, took 6 days from start to finish...money well spent imo. Massive fair play to you to have the perseverence and confidence to go it alone without an agent, because the stories I have read on here about the negatives of not using an agent, were my catalyst for using one, however it was the equivalent of £300 money well spent.

I hope you enjoy your time in the UK together but as prior posters have said, I would rather be were I am now...I have now moved to Isaan and the 'boredom' is just sublime thank you very much!!! Would not swap it for what I left behind, it's great to retire at 43 instead of the thought of working another 20+ years in what I left behind.

Enjoy the beautiful British summer together, there truly is no better looking country, imo, on the face of this Earth...shame about the people that run it...she will adore it, my g/f did and cannot wait until her next visit. Cheers

one word of warning, you will get a lot of jealous looks from men and women, Ignore them, I just look back and smile if its a man, if its a woman I don't even look at them, when I brought my now wife over the first time I notice all the looks and stares but now It does not bother me, I know I have an attractive intelligent lady.

So pleased for you OP. My g/f came to see me in the UK last July (2009) for 3 months on a 6 month tourist visa, however I went through a fabulous agent who virtually guaranteed a positive outcome and assisted, fetched, carried, guided the g/f through the whole process with a money-back gurantee, took 6 days from start to finish...money well spent imo. Massive fair play to you to have the perseverence and confidence to go it alone without an agent, because the stories I have read on here about the negatives of not using an agent, were my catalyst for using one, however it was the equivalent of £300 money well spent.

I hope you enjoy your time in the UK together but as prior posters have said, I would rather be were I am now...I have now moved to Isaan and the 'boredom' is just sublime thank you very much!!! Would not swap it for what I left behind, it's great to retire at 43 instead of the thought of working another 20+ years in what I left behind.

Enjoy the beautiful British summer together, there truly is no better looking country, imo, on the face of this Earth...shame about the people that run it...she will adore it, my g/f did and cannot wait until her next visit. Cheers

Thanks, im sure she will have a great time here. I think i will want the bordem when im in my 40's but im 25 now and Issan is just to slow for me.

Regards

one word of warning, you will get a lot of jealous looks from men and women, Ignore them, I just look back and smile if its a man, if its a woman I don't even look at them, when I brought my now wife over the first time I notice all the looks and stares but now It does not bother me, I know I have an attractive intelligent lady.

Yeah im prepared for the ''oh look its Mr Dudley and Ting Tong!' Im 25 and shes 26 and we have a son together so hopefully people wont just presume im a rich older man with a young mail order bride...shame people are so quick to stereotype.

Good luck to you mate , you can get Thai veg and sauces if you look around, so she will be able to eat Thai.Also there are some Thai sites on the internet for her to look at so she will not feel home sick , for a day or two , :)

I have read on here about the negatives of not using an agent

Really? I don't recall any of those posts. I do recall posts of people failing to present sufficient evidence in their applications. I wouldn't say that that is a negative of not using an agent, i would say it is a negative of not presenting sufficient evidence. The process is in fact very simple. Just follow the instructions. If you and your gf have a bit of nous it should be quite easy.

• 2 weeks later...