Price Of Beer In Thailand

malct

BUD? I'm a Yank and I won't drink that shyt. :)

all american beers are sh!t

sorry

names a half decent one that dont taste like watered down piss

You're a nationalistic degenerate. U.S. microbrews are comparable to Belgian or German beers any day of the week.

BUD? I'm a Yank and I won't drink that shyt. :D

Bud is a staple in the south. From New Orleans to Alabama and that's all you see them drink.

I grew up in the South and they drink all kinds of different beers. :)

What's good UG? :D

Bud is a staple in the south. From New Orleans to Alabama and that's all you see them drink.

I grew up in the South and they drink all kinds of different beers. :)

Which city in the south and what class of people did you hang out with? Transplants? they aren't real southerners. The general populace drinks bud and I will stand by that..from New Orleans to Alabama.

Also what football team do you like?

Actually judging by your username I don't think i'll like the answer.

Edited by wintermute

I grew up in Virginia, but also worked in North Carolina and South Carolina and travelled over the South. My neighbors were mostly born in the South and many were in the KKK. They drank Rolling Rock and Pabst Blue Ribbon and about 100 different beers.

I have no interest in football and never did, but I was still surrounded by rednecks in my youth and they did not stick with any particular beer.

So you think you're hard done by. My local cafe here in Quan Hai is stitching me up a massive 4,000 a liter! :D

That's around 22 cents US.

ps Don't tell the balloon chasers. :D

Oh, sorry this ain't Thailand. Suggest you stick to the stone tables outside the 7-11's. :D

that pisses me off...I pay USD0.32 fer a glass of draft at my local bia hoi place in Hanoi...dem degenerates are just after yer money... :)

I grew up in Virginia, but also worked in North Carolina and South Carolina and travelled over the South. My neighbors were mostly born in the South and many were in the KKK.

KKK were always middle/upper middle class privileged kids pretending to be something. Virginia is appalachian the culture was different from the southern swathe.

They drank Rolling Rock and Pabst Blue Ribbon and about 100 different beers.

I have no interest in football and never did, but I was still surrounded by rednecks in my youth and they did not stick with any particular beer.

I grew up with rednecks too and they liked bud almost universally. Even in shows like "treme" they show that bud was the predominate beer. It's pretty much fact. It's like arguing brand of chewing tobacco because it was always redman.

Judging by that criteria i'm guessing you hung out with a lot of transplants and were from a middle/upper middle class family in the south.

Also your username is completely despicable and your disinterest in football..even on a cultural level is sh*t.

Every poor kid (no matter the race) wanted to be involved with sports. Either you sold drinks/hotdogs at the stadium, were (luckily) waterboys, or you were friends with players, or became players. If you were none of the above you aren't southern at all.

Edited by wintermute

Maybe lobby your parliament to sort out the pound if your no longer able to sustain your lifestyle out here.

Gordon Brown will be all ears. :D

Hes has now called it a day and put back his key ring........whos next one wonders?

Anyway on a more serious subject...... where the xperience bar Bangkok and the Gecko Chiangers.???,

Yu tee nai KRUP........ :)

I grew up in Virginia, but also worked in North Carolina and South Carolina and travelled over the South. My neighbors were mostly born in the South and many were in the KKK.

KKK were always middle/upper middle class privileged kids pretending to be something. Virginia is appalachian the culture was different from the southern swathe.

I grew up with rednecks too and they liked bud almost universally. Even in shows like "treme" they show that bud was the predominate beer. It's pretty much fact. It's like arguing brand of chewing tobacco because it was always redman.

Judging by that criteria i'm guessing you hung out with a lot of transplants and were from a middle/upper middle class family in the south.

Also your username is completely despicable and your disinterest in football..even on a cultural level is sh*t.

Every poor kid (no matter the race) wanted to be involved with sports. Either you sold drinks/hotdogs at the stadium, were (luckily) waterboys, or you were friends with players, or became players. If you were none of the above you aren't southern at all.

Well, you are pretty much wrong on every count. My user name is a combination of the book Ulysses by James Joyce and my first initial, but that does not mean that I have any great love for the South.

Most of the KKK where I grew up were fishermen - they were poor - and Richmond was the capital of the Confereracy - so as Southern as you can get. I was involved with sports, but not (American) football as I find it totally boring and last but not least, the rednecks had no preference for one particular beer - they would drink almost anything. :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

Well, you are pretty much wrong on every count. My user name is a combination of the book Ulysses by James Joyce and my first initial, but that does not mean that I have any great love for the South.

Most of the KKK where I grew up were fishermen - they were poor - and Richmond was the capital of the Confereracy - so as Southern as you can get. I was involved with sports, but not (American) football as I find it totally boring and last but not least, the rednecks had no preference for one particular beer - they would drink almost anything. :D

Including moonshine. :)

sorry

You're a nationalistic degenerate. U.S. microbrews are comparable to Belgian or German beers any day of the week.

Keep in mind slightest mention of the USA on the forum causes teeth gnashing and soiled knickers esp among the English members, but we do have 'Mercuns who love to bash their own country. Many, you see, believe they've become Thai. :)

Actually, 'Mercun brews are well represented among the winners at the World Beer Cup brewing competition:

http://www.worldbeercup.org/winners.html

There you are, mccw, lots of names fer ya. Wish some of these were available here in LOS at a reasonable price.

Edited by JSixpack

sorry

Keep in mind slightest mention of the USA on the forum causes teeth gnashing and soiled knickers esp among the English members, but we do have 'Mercuns who love to bash their own country. Many, you see, believe they've become Thai. :)

Actually, 'Mercun brews are well represented among the winners at the World Beer Cup brewing competition:

http://www.worldbeercup.org/winners.html

There you are, mccw, lots of names fer ya. Wish some of these were available here in LOS at a reasonable price.

i concede micro brews can produce decent beer anywhere regardless of nation; but as far as national brands go Americas are all weak rubbish compared to Europes offerings.

cheapest anywhere in thai i found has got to be gekco bar in cm, 100 bht for 3 big changs!

Directions please? :):D

chaing mai, starting at tapae gate, walk down loi kroh, turn right at the cross roads just before the bridge, follow this road (kampadin rd) to the next crossroadsand gekco is on the corn opposite. nice place, half decent food, got a happy hour on cocktails i think aswel 6-8, couple years since i went in there mind. (its not a lady bar)

cheapest anywhere in thai i found has got to be gekco bar in cm, 100 bht for 3 big changs!

chaing mai, starting at tapae gate, walk down loi kroh, turn right at the cross roads just before the bridge, follow this road (kampadin rd) to the next crossroadsand gekco is on the corn opposite. nice place, half decent food, got a happy hour on cocktails i think aswel 6-8, couple years since i went in there mind. (its not a lady bar)

Two years ago you could probably get 3 large Chang for 100 baht, but I doubt you can now!! :D

i concede micro brews can produce decent beer anywhere regardless of nation; but as far as national brands go Americas are all weak rubbish compared to Europes offerings.

American microbrews aren't much exported or advertised, so they might not seem "national" to you. But many of them are commonly available now in the USA and have been for at least 10 years. Some stronger, more flavorful beers have been regionally available for much longer. In sheer sales volume, some may now sell as much or more than some of the well-known European brands.

You'll also note that some of the winning brews were in fact created by larger manufacturers, who are making some tentative attempts--without confusing their brand identification--to enter the market, growing rapidly since the early 80s, for better beer in the USA.

Your original statement referred to "all" and "name one." That's now been refuted.

And although (to address your weaseling) microbrews CAN be created in most any country, of the beers (not just microbrews) winning at the World Beer Cup a high proportion were in fact American: created, manufactured, sold in America by American companies employing (mostly) American citizens.

You're just gonna have to live with it. Lot of incredibly fine lager, ale, porter, and stout made in the USA now, some of the best in the world. And not ALL European offerings are THAT much better than Bud.

Now, to get them into Thailand. I'm dying for a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale right now.

American microbrews aren't much exported or advertised, so they might not seem "national" to you. But many of them are commonly available now in the USA and have been for at least 10 years. Some stronger, more flavorful beers have been regionally available for much longer. In sheer sales volume, some may now sell as much or more than some of the well-known European brands.

You'll also note that some of the winning brews were in fact created by larger manufacturers, who are making some tentative attempts--without confusing their brand identification--to enter the market, growing rapidly since the early 80s, for better beer in the USA.

Your original statement referred to "all" and "name one." That's now been refuted.

And although (to address your weaseling) microbrews CAN be created in most any country, of the beers (not just microbrews) winning at the World Beer Cup a high proportion were in fact American: created, manufactured, sold in America by American companies employing (mostly) American citizens.

You're just gonna have to live with it. Lot of incredibly fine lager, ale, porter, and stout made in the USA now, some of the best in the world. And not ALL European offerings are THAT much better than Bud.

Now, to get them into Thailand. I'm dying for a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale right now.

thanks for the education; i'll put a beer drinking tour of america on my to do ist; in fact i've been wanting to do it by motorcyle anyway but nice to know they'll be sum decent brew to be had allong the way.

as my only experience of yanky beer is that of whats avaible in england maybe i should of said all american beer i've tasted is weak pisswater, not a patch on grolsh, kronenberg, budvieser (the real one), stella etc.

true there are some poor euro ones of course, likes of carling and carlsberg but in a minorty and only compete basicaly on low price in supermarket or actually need to create a captive market like festivals coz given a choice no one gunna buy it when 4pound plus a pint.

wonder if it means generaly the brits are more discerning drinkers or just more eager to get smashed so go for the higher percentages

Two years ago you could probably get 3 large Chang for 100 baht, but I doubt you can now!! :D

i think the idea was its basicaly cost price to get groups of thais in who then spend a bit of money on food, from what saw it worked, i wager it will still be the cheapest place around even if gone up a bit; i reckon could well be the still the same as accepting a small loss to make a bigger gain int bad if its working

In Chiang Mai it is still possible to find the 3 for 99, usually painted in Thai on cloth banners, just look for the 99 baht in the script and good chance it is a"promotion". Singa 3 for 120 usually. Gecko is ok but you get to breath road fumes with your food, after the first bottle you won't notice anyway. Some one mentioned Sierra Nevada as a good American Ale, have to agree, Anheiser Bush, brewer of the love it or hate it Budweiser, also makes Red Hook Ale very good for a Macro brew, almost as good as sierra nevada. The trick to find good American "beer" is avoid the beer and buy ale. By US law beer is low alcohol and usually a pale pilsner or sad lager.

Edited by daoyai