Why Are People So Obsessed With Thai Chinese Girls?

eurasianthai

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thais are Thais, one of the most nationalistic country on earth.

And it is not a critic.

And well, Thai Chinese are on their way out.

Will remain only Thais...

it that so......are they on their way to the airport yet?

On a related note - can the Thai members / Thai langiuage experts please advise us if the Thai language / slang dialects do have specific words for Thai-Chinese or Thai-Muslim, or Thai-Sikh. I have heard for example the work "Jek" (not sure of the spelling, of course) but I believe this to be not polite.

Having these terms available in the language would suggest that Thai society does indeed make distinctons based on heritage, not just skin tone. In this case it is not just a farang "obsession" but part of Thai social makeup.

I was talking to my wife about this. Her paternal grandparents are Chinese immigrants. Now, I know why she doesn't seem to be on good term with her maternal relatives up country. She said they used to refer to her and her sis as Luk Jek. She used to live in the country with her mother and she said they were looked down upon by their Thai neighbours because she's half Chinese. Another group that's pretty much labeled is Khak. This encompasses Indians of all types and middle easterners. The category is subdivided further into Khak Kao or white Indians and Khad Dum or black Indians.

Best regards,

Roy

Looked down upon because they had Chinese blood? I doubt it, unless they were poor or bad mannered or dirty. That's when Thai look down on someone usually. "Jek" is another blunt description, but the offspring of Chinese immigrants are usually deemed more attractive than Thais and are deemed to have more earning potential. Unfortunately it's more of the things that happen...people are respected here more for their money/looks than they should be. It's another of those inequalities that people just keep supporting.

I've got Chinese Thai and Chinese Filipino friends who are proud of their Chinese ancestry when it suits them: when they feel competitive with ethnic countrymen over a verbal disagreement or lack of respect. However, they look down on ethnic Chinese and China much more and consider themselves completely Thai/Filipino in culture (apart from following a few Chinese traditions annually only because their parents make them). They're more confident in the first place only because the natives bigged them up.

When her mother got married to a Chinese. In those days, she was regarded as something similar to a "Mia Farang" nowadays by some relatives and neighbours. You know what that term implies, right? It didn't help that her Chinese husband wasn't a rich guy either. BTW, Jek wasn't just a blunt description. In the old days, there were rickshaws or "Rot Jek" which means a cart pulled by Jek. These poor Chinese labourers weren't highly regarded by the Thai at all. Jek is a rather derogatory way to call a Chinese person.

Best regards,

Roy

How can somebody make some many English mistakes in one post?

If he did not do it on purpose... :)

Maybe he is Polish.

The polish tend to be more educated and non alcoholics so I vote that it's probably a "native" Brit. :D

On this I beg to differ, I know lot of Polish people and they sure can drink more than the average Joe.

But well, so can the Brits... :D

How can somebody make some many English mistakes in one post?

If he did not do it on purpose... :)

Maybe he is Polish.

The polish tend to be more educated and non alcoholics so I vote that it's probably a "native" Brit. :D

On this I beg to differ, I know lot of Polish people and they sure can drink more than the average Joe.

But well, so can the Brits... :D

I think he meant non-alcoholic polish, like Kiwi, rather than Brasso.

Or maybe he meant polis...

SC

Watch out for the Thai/Polish girls.

I reckon 40 baht for a pair of shoes is not too bad, for a tourist area, and I always get mine done, when I'm at the food court in Soi 7, if any of the thai polish girls are about.

SC

Here we go again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO3CoLTv0i8...player_embedded

This VDO does not express -opposite- my own opinion!

The Thai chap who posted this You Tube writings is a pretty racist and nationalistic guy who calls himself PAD Extremist. His words reminds me of the NAZI propaganda in the 1930's of last century..... :):D

I think he needs a shrink or to be locked up.

Of course not you Lazygourmet!.since they are not your words or opinion.

LaoPo