Why Are People So Obsessed With Thai Chinese Girls?

eurasianthai

All girls having the Thai nationality are Thais.

And they sure all have the Thai culture and Thai way of thinking.

And not much difference in between the so-called Chinese Thais and Isaan Thais or South Thais or whatever.

So, what's the catch? :)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The obsession may be more with middle class girls, with Chinese-Thai families just being more likely to be middle class?

It does make some sense to find a partner with a somewhat similar level of education, age and financial means. (Though not dissing those marrying WAY above their station. :) )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I think it's part of the expat 'I've been here longer than you have' syndrome where people latch on to the perceived beauty 'rules' prevalent in Thai society which, to those that subscribe to it, proves their integration. To have internalised the prejudices inherent in Thailand may make them feel more at home. It's likely that they had similar prejudices in their home country. Once a snob always a snob.

Once a snob always a snob.

Actually, being part of the expat community, I pretty much believe that for quite a few, they become snobs as soon as they are sent abroad.

Not sure of the reason.

But anyway, for most of the European expat community, the Thai Chinese girls are as worthless as the others.

And do not kill the messenger...

Edited by eurasianthai

Once a snob always a snob.

Actually, being part of the expat community, I pretty much believe that for quite a few, they become snobs as soon as they are sent abroad.

Not sure of the reason.

But anyway, for most of the European expat community, the Thai Chinese girls are as worthless as the others.

And do not kill the messenger...

yes, you may have a point there, they may relish the opportunity to join in with the snobbery that they couldn't be a part of at home.

Oh btw I didn't mean to shoot the messenger, I enjoy your posts :)

Thais are Thais, one of the most nationalistic country on earth.

And it is not a critic.

And well, Thai Chinese are on their way out.

Will remain only Thais...

Sounds like it's time to add another work shift to keep them busy. Maybe another lotto game as well for insurance.

:)

The reason I started it... :)

Bit of a Thai Supremacist, are we? White hoods and burning som tam?

Most places I've been have been inhabited by the most racist, nationalist, prejudiced people on earth. I reckon humnan beings must be amongst the most bigoted races around

SC

"But anyway, for most of the European expat community, the Thai Chinese girls are as worthless as the others."

8>< SNIP - NESTED QUOTES DELETED ><8

Nice. In one sentence you made two unprovable generalizations.

I don't think that really warranted repetition, even in repudiation. Not a cup-winning contribution to the debate...

SC

Is it snobbery ? Perhaps the same people who are attracted to the Thai Chinese ladies are more attracted to their level of education, presentation and the the fact that they can see beyond their next som-tam.

In exactly the same manner in which the same people would not find a shell-suited, chain smoking uneducated woman back home attractive.

Speaking for my friends and those I know - their choice is not specifically Thai Chinese, its specifically someone who they can be with on a level of equality and mutual respect... for many people I guess this criteria varies, but for the most part I'd assume that social economic equality helps and it just so happens that most of the socio-economic equals that my friends living over here have ended up meeting, dating and marrying are from a Thai Chinese background.

Also, I guess people don't see Thai Chinese ladies in gogo bars, so many are avoiding that stereotype too.

Someone I know married a half Thai half Chinese and has regretted it ever since. So there not all perfect.

I know a stuningly beautiful Thai lady from Issan who married well below her......

But I'm really glad she did........ :)

This is of course only my personal experience and should not be interpreted to be a universal truth.

Dark skinned ladies are usually farmers, right?

Light skinned girls are usually not farmers, still with me?

Farm ladies are close to the earth. I think they may rightly be called earthy.

On three separate occasions I visited different agricultural regions of Thailand with a Thai lady native to that region. The women in question did not know the extent of my Thai vocabulary. So I was able to listen as a fly on the wall as they chatted about food and relatives and the normal things country women talk about.

The ladies living in the rural communities had little or no exposure to foreign people. They were quite curious about the foreign male.

They asked questions that were similar to the questions one would ask when buying a stud horse. In fact identical to questions I have heard on stud farms in Kentucky. I was slightly surprised they didn’t ask about manners, or wealth or my political leanings. They never mentioned if I liked craft projects or put the lid down on the toilet (of course they don‘t have toilet lids so perhaps this is a superfluous point). They didn’t ask if I liked cats or children. They just kept talking about those horse questions and slapping their legs and laughing loudly. Saying, “jing law.(really)” over and over again.

I have also met light skinned women and have visited their homes in suburban areas or their shops and/or businesses. The women also gathered to talk about food and family but I never heard the horse questions mentioned.

I have come to the conclusion that men who have a problem being evaluated like livestock would prefer to be with a light skinned Thai/Chinese woman.

And that men who are used to being referred to as a horse like the darker skinned women.

This is of course only my personal experience and should not be interpreted to be a universal truth.

Dark skinned ladies are usually farmers, right?

Light skinned girls are usually not farmers, still with me?

Farm ladies are close to the earth. I think they may rightly be called earthy.

On three separate occasions I visited different agricultural regions of Thailand with a Thai lady native to that region. The women in question did not know the extent of my Thai vocabulary. So I was able to listen as a fly on the wall as they chatted about food and relatives and the normal things country women talk about.

The ladies living in the rural communities had little or no exposure to foreign people. They were quite curious about the foreign male.

They asked questions that were similar to the questions one would ask when buying a stud horse. In fact identical to questions I have heard on stud farms in Kentucky. I was slightly surprised they didn't ask about manners, or wealth or my political leanings. They never mentioned if I liked craft projects or put the lid down on the toilet (of course they don't have toilet lids so perhaps this is a superfluous point). They didn't ask if I liked cats or children. They just kept talking about those horse questions and slapping their legs and laughing loudly. Saying, "jing law.(really)" over and over again.

I have also met light skinned women and have visited their homes in suburban areas or their shops and/or businesses. The women also gathered to talk about food and family but I never heard the horse questions mentioned.

I have come to the conclusion that men who have a problem being evaluated like livestock would prefer to be with a light skinned Thai/Chinese woman.

And that men who are used to being referred to as a horse like the darker skinned women.

I am sure my wife and children are pretty sure I am not a horse.......there might be no toilet seat to leave up, but I still don't go out and sh!t in the paddock!!!...... :)

I've been seeing the same woman for the last 6 years, she came to the south of Thailand at a very young age from Malaysia, she has a Thai passport, her mum is Chinese and her dads Malaysian, her ex husband is Malaysian, so what is she ?, is She Thai/Chinese, Thai/ Malaysian or Chinese/Malaysian or is she just Thai...?...

The woman in question, has no doubt at all in her mind that she is Thai, I say to her how can she be when she has no Thai blood in her, infact I've had many a wind up and joke with her in the past over what she is.

At the end of the day I don't really care what she is, why should I, but tell her that she's not Thai and the :)

Of course, it helps if you are hung like a horse when visiting the village or the city. :)

Is there a word for horse-meat? Anyway, its a good point that horse should be hung, same as venison, for a few days, to improve the flavour. Not sure its something I would aspire to; not in this life-time, anyway...

SC