My First Visa Run For Non-imm 'o' At Perth

Hi all,

I'm flying to Perth tomorrow to get my first Multi Entry Non-Immigrant 'O' visa for visiting a Friend.

I have been using holiday visa's to date as I work a Fly in Fly out job outside Thailand.

I called and made an Appointment so I could get a same day visa.

As mentioned in previous posts, the Lady there is very helpful.

She asked me what sort of visa I wanted, I mentioned a Non-Imm 'O' and she then asked if I own a condo or have a Thai Girl Friend. I replied that I have a Thai G.F. and rent a condo.

I then asked what I will be required to bring and she informed me that I need to bring a signed copy of my G.F.'s Passport or ID card.

Just to be safe I also have a signed letter from G.F., bank statment, BKK lease agreement and Proof of Salary.

I was getting worried that they might start to toughen up on these consulates and I could miss the boat so to speak.

Wish me luck.

Rammy

Edited by Rammy

'Proof of salary' means that you have been/are working. How did you manage that wothout a visa/WP? Would this be better left at home? Would it raise questions at Perth?

Wait...sorry...just saw 'I have been using holiday visa's to date as I work a Fly in Fly out job outside Thailand.' My fingers are quicker than my brain at this time of night!

Sorry. Have a good trip.

Edited by jamesjdaly

I went to Perth last year to get a new Non-O because I stuffed up my extension. I found them very helpful polite and efficient. The whole process was finished well within my expectations.

They do have a requirement that either you live in Perth or WA or you have stayed the night. If you catch the TG flight the afternoon before, stay a night in a Hotel and then got on the afternoon flight back - that will sort it all.

Hi all,

Back from my visa run to Perth with a brand new Multi Entry Non-Imm 'O' in my Passport.

I arrived at 9am for my appointment and handed over the 2 forms, Passport, 2 x Photo's and Signed Copy of G.F.'s I.D. Plus $225 Aus.

Took all of 5 mins, asked me where I was staying (Burswood) and how long my visits to Thailand would be (then prompted me to say 80 days :D )

They didn't ask to see any over documents and I didn't offer haha.

Told me to come back at 11 am to pick up my passport. 2 hour turnaround, not bad at all. :)

They where a pleasure to deal with, especially with the amount of people that they have to process.

Cheers, Rammy

Thanks for your report, and good to hear all went well.

Indeed!

Out of curiosity, all in all what do you think it set you back for everything including flights / accommodation?

• 10 months later...