Need Thai Passport For Infant And Sil.

I arrive on my own at Suvarnabhumi airport from Oz in June - early evening arrival.

My wife will drive down from Nakhon Sawan on the same day but I don't need her to meet me at Suvarnabhumi airport.

I want her to get a hotel near the passport office which I heard is now in Changwattana Rd. Laksi so I can head straight over there.

I believe that's near the old Don Muang airport.

I guess I'll get a taxi from Suvarnabhumi rather than bother with buses etc.

Can anyone recommend a nice clean hotel/apartment house that's close to the passport office? (perhaps with a link to a website).

We don't need a 5 star hotel, just a comfortable place.

The following day we need to apply for a new Thai passport for our infant daughter and one for my Thai sister-in-law at the Thai passport office.

Then we have to apply for an Australian tourist visa for my sister-in-law.

I assume we'll need to go to the Australian Embassy for that and get the passport with visa posted to Nakhon Sawan,

instead of waiting around several days for it.

I assume we would be best to get a taxi to the embassy rather than using the sky-train or trying to drive the pick-up down there?

(I read that the stations in that area have been damaged and/or that the protesters were still causing problems for travellers in that area).

Any advice appreciated.

There are several passport offices, inclusing several in Bangkok. beleive issuence the same day is possible, for a fee of course.

There is also one in Pitsanulok, where you could apply for your dautghers passpport. They will send it by mail for 35 baht.

List of passport offices: http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2633.php

click on consular department in the middle screen and the list will appear.

Thanks for that Mario

A shorter trip to Phitsanulok

However I've heard that both parents need to be present to get the Thai passport for a child.

Since we also have to apply for the Oz tourist visa for the SIL, then we might as well do it all in Bangkok.

So a nice hotel in Changwattana Rd anybody?

Edited by xerostar