Seh Daeng - On Guard At Bangkok's Frontlines

webfact

[quote name

did you read the article? the authors not thai and doesnt right for the nation. its not biased only quoting what the nut has said himself. to b fair you sound like a similar kind of loon, talking about kids that like to kill, do they have a name for your condition?

right for the nation??? check your spellchecker...

Edited by sid1967

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like freedom fighters to me

What exactly are they fighting to be free from?

* Censorship

* Military/Establishment influence in politics

* "Managed" democracy in general

* A constitution cooked up by the military/establishment

* Being arrested for writing the wrong things on Facebook.

Can I ask why you believe the establishment (the country's structure) should have no influence in politics?

Or perhaps you are just against antidisestablishmentarianism. :)

Can I ask why you believe the establishment (the country's structure) should have no influence in politics?

Or perhaps you are just against antidisestablishmentarianism. :D

I haven't seen that word in 20 years! And you spelled it right, too! :)

Quickest way to move them: drop a couple of gallons of butyric acid on the site. Won't harm them but the stench is almost unbearable. If it's on your clothes, well you just have to strip. Hose them down on the way out. Fresh clothes, bus/train ticket and they're on the way.

I kind of like this.

It also takes Thaksin's 'Mini Me', the Mad General out of the mix.

Edited by animatic

Quickest way to move them: drop a couple of gallons of butyric acid on the site. Won't harm them but the stench is almost unbearable. If it's on your clothes, well you just have to strip. Hose them down on the way out. Fresh clothes, bus/train ticket and they're on the way.

I kind of like this.

It also takesMini me the Mad General out of the mix.

The red emperors have no clothes! Intimidated by the red terror? Imagine them NAKED (without their lethal weapons).

* Censorship

Those are the complaints of Uni grads, Poly/Sci Socialogy majors and the like,

not the average observable protester in this rally.

Only the leaders are pushing these points.

90% of the Red rank and file at present could give a rats patottie about this,

if they were not hourly being told that is what they must care about.

* Censorship

All charges the Red leadership and their predecessors the TRT are guilty of in spades, just substitute 'military establishment' with ShinCorp interests.

Edited by SpoliaOpima

They forget Thaksin has almost all his high rankings friends in the army and police and they are loyal to him. That's why Abhisit's threats are a laugh to UDD and Thaksin

Which also explains as to why the army or police aren't doing anything.

They forget Thaksin has almost all his high rankings friends in the army and police and they are loyal to him. That's why Abhisit's threats are a laugh to UDD and Thaksin

YET.

Very misleading and simplistic. Sure, Thaksin has friends there, but not all of the leaders there are his friends.

YET.

Very misleading and simplistic. Sure, Thaksin has friends there, but not all of the leaders there are his friends.

The protests started when? March 15th? Today is ..May 12th? So about 2 months ago. We had a botched dispersal attempt and that's about it. The US probably needs less time invading a country than Thailand needs clearing an alleged '5000 protesters', of which the majority are elderly women.

Most of the police and army generals are Thaksin's friends, you're right. Not all of them, but even if the generals that are not his friends give the orders to use force on a majority of elderly women, do you think that the foot soldiers will end up doing it? I don't think so. Most of them are even from the North and North-East, so chances are their mothers and their grandmothers are sitting among those they're supposed to shoot at.

So, your "yet" is the misleading part. There's no crackdown coming.

What's your proposal? Keep caving in to the bizarre whims of the insane red leadership indefinitely? They had an offer. They appear to be rejecting it. Now what?

Dissolve parliament tomorrow, hold elections in 45 days? If the Democrats really have the majority of Thais behind them and nobody supports the red shirts anymore, why not seize the opportunity to get not a coalition government like they have now, but the absolute majority? And deal the red shirts a humiliating blow? Then if the Democrats have the absolute majority, they can easily pass all the bills they want and still have enough time to do the army reshuffle at the end of the year.

What's your proposal? Keep caving in to the bizarre whims of the insane red leadership indefinitely? They had an offer. They appear to be rejecting it. Now what?

That seems to be the policy, why change a "winning" formula?

Because it is taking this country down the toilet, that's why.

What's taking the country down the toilet? The "winning" formula?

I don't think taking the country down the toilet is in anyone's interest, neither in Abhisit's nor Thaksin's. And I don't think that the street protests are taking Thailand down the toilet either, unless there is a botched crackdown which is then shown live on CNN and BBC and damages the tourism industry. The protests have been going on, but there's virtually no mentioning anymore in the international media, and as far as most people outside Thailand are concerned, everything in Thailand is okay again. Of course, they'll wake up when there's another crackdown.

The Rajprasong protests are "strategically placed", if you take a look around at the tenants and landlords, it all makes sense. The people losing the most money from the protests are the ones that Thaksin wants to hurt financially, just like they hurt him financially.

I have spent most of the day walking through the so called Barricades of Bangkok. To sum it all up in my mind is a lot of village mafia who really have nothing going for them in life at all. They would be no loss to Thailand and the sooner the administration gets rid of them once and for all they will be doing the majority of Thai's a favour.

What I saw on my walks:

1.Young teenagers who are dressed in Black and have some form of haversack with a 9 mm stashed inside.

2.Not so young tattoo covered teenagers with explosive devices at the ready

3. Village mafia (Mainly drunk or drugged) also tattoo covered who once a shot was fired would run and in some cases due to the fatness of these people would try to walk fast out of the way, but would fall over and die of a massive heart attack.

4.So called guards who carry walkie talkies and try to excite their younger guards with sightings of possible police/army around the Silom Square area, hence sending all these younger guards of on errands with negative outcomes.

5. Parents who have no thought's for their kids if all hel_l breaks loose.

6. Kids who should be back in the village getting ready for school.

7. Filthy streets full of toilet waste.

8. An array of idiots behind a microphone shouting absolute Thai rubbish that is totally incomprehensible.

9. Doctored photographs of so called police brutality

10. Overall a mob of village thugs who spend their time at the village drinking,fighting,making trouble for all other villagers.

11. Teenage kids who have had no education whatsoever because their parents could not be bothered with them when they were growing up. (All mistakes)

This mob should be a walkover for a disciplined Police or Army force. Bring it on.. Show us all who has the Power.

Sounds like a hysterical out of control mob to me

Dissolve parliament tomorrow, hold elections in 45 days? If the Democrats really have the majority of Thais behind them and nobody supports the red shirts anymore, why not seize the opportunity to get not a coalition government like they have now, but the absolute majority? And deal the red shirts a humiliating blow? Then if the Democrats have the absolute majority, they can easily pass all the bills they want and still have enough time to do the army reshuffle at the end of the year.

and please tell me what facts do you have that the Red shirts would go home

They would have some excuse and reason why the election was not fair

I don't think taking the country down the toilet is in anyone's interest, neither in Abhisit's nor Thaksin's. And I don't think that the street protests are taking Thailand down the toilet either, unless there is a botched crackdown which is then shown live on CNN and BBC and damages the tourism industry. The protests have been going on, but there's virtually no mentioning anymore in the international media, and as far as most people outside Thailand are concerned, everything in Thailand is okay again. Of course, they'll wake up when there's another crackdown.

The Rajprasong protests are "strategically placed", if you take a look around at the tenants and landlords, it all makes sense. The people losing the most money from the protests are the ones that Thaksin wants to hurt financially, just like they hurt him financially.

I do not agree

If the country goes into absolute Chaos

Taskinn will return as the savior of all the people

Pay the monies and everything settles down

Thaskin saves Thailand

I figure Thaskin wants back in Thailand with past conviction dropped and all other pending charges dropped for his self gain financially. It sounds like he has lost a substantial sum of monies that he took out of Thailand playing with, and trying to be one the big boys. His sense of business works well in Thailand's corrupt system, but in the real world of (honest business) he is not acceptable as a business associate by the majority of the people. His reported business ventures of late are with individuals/countries who have a reputation much like he is used to dealing with in Thailand. He had a brief go at the billionaire playground and he was found out as the players are probably much more clever and astute than he is. Plus I would doubt that he would fit into their social class, once they got to know him.

There are more businesses at stake than the few hotels and shopping centres in the Ratchaprasong area, but even in those there are more than just the owners that are being hurt.

In the area of Siam Square, there are thousands of small shops owned/run by your average Thai, with lots of staff from poorer areas also. Also, the Pratunam area would have been effected (although not as severely as Siam Square), since it is much harder for people to get there, and there are many tourists that walk through Ratchaprasong to get there. And then all the street sellers, selling their overpriced merchandise to tourists and locals.

And that doesn't just affect the businesses, but also the 100 thousand employees in the area.

I figure Thaskin wants back in Thailand with past conviction dropped and all other pending charges dropped for his self gain financially. It sounds like he has lost a substantial sum of monies that he took out of Thailand playing with, and trying to be one the big boys. His sense of business works well in Thailand's corrupt system, but in the real world of (honest business) he is not acceptable as a business associate by the majority of the people. His reported business ventures of late are with individuals/countries who have a reputation much like he is used to dealing with in Thailand. He had a brief go at the billionaire playground and he was found out as the players are probably much more clever and astute than he is. Plus I would doubt that he would fit into their social class, once they got to know him.

It's not so much fitting in a social class, which is a construct,

but actually HAVING any class. Which is how one treats others,

and acts in social setting, and the moral stance with which one attains one's goals.

On most of these criteria Thaksin falls down. Sure he has the great suits and the

lovely car and service personnel, but that is not the true measure of having class.

That is just the facade trappings of the higher 'monied' classes.

The dirt poor can have and show a lot of real class,

without knowing a seafood fork from a breadknife.

While the highly monied may have none, liveried servants or not.

The dirt poor can have and show a lot of real class,

whithout knowing a seafood fork from a breadkife.

While the highly monied may have none, liveried servants or not.

How true! Some people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

(Apologies to Mr.Wilde) :)

animatic; could not agree more. As a young man, it was impressed on me that people are seen, by others, in the same light as the company they keep. Taksin, within the billionaire club could be seen as the lowest common denominator, thus a negative reflection on the whole. He, Thaskin, seems to have a select group of friends/associates from the Thai scene who are referred to by their fellow countrymen as, thugs, loose cannon, fugitive from justice (himself included), and other adapt descriptive terms.

I am reminded of the terms, old money, new money, and the lines drawn between the two in social interaction. Add to these two, the group whose wealth came from various illegal sources and they were excluded from either of the so called 'high class'. Probably the only acceptance Thaskin will find is within the latter group even with a worth of 10 times what is attributed to him. Thus, about the only places he can receive the elevated position, he seems to expect for himself, will be in the countries he seems to visit frequently (even this list is dwindling) quite rapidly, and Thailand. Not a real endorsement for any of them, but then that does not seem to be on any of their priority lists. This is the sad part of this whole saga, for the general populations who deserve better.

.............edited "too many quotes"...

I do not agree

If the country goes into absolute Chaos

Taskinn will return as the savior of all the people

Pay the monies and everything settles down

Thaskin saves Thailand

Seconded, but then still to be seen!

Looks like soemone is going for all or nothing -

not caring at all about the outcome -

REVENGE at all cost is the word of the day!