Ministry Of Land Transport + 7.30 Done 9.00

Hello,

I went to ministry of land transport on Sukhumvit today just to see that is was closed. A guard outside told me it was holiday and they will open again tomorrow at 7.30 am.

I have 2 exams tomorrow 9.00-12.00 and 14.00-16.00.

I have all the documents needed. And I can even prepare copies of passport.

*Embassy Translation of Swedish License

*Embassy confirmation of my address in Thailand

*Non-Immigrant VISA + copies of passport

*Medical Certificate (done today).

If I wait outside at 7.15am until they open 7.30. Do you think I will be able to get my license before 9.00? I will probably be among the first people entering.

It is ok if I am done at 9, as I can enter the exam at 10.00 at latest.

I do not need to take written theory-test or driving test right? All I need is color test, reaction and periferal sight. Is this correct?

Edit: Change of plans. If I finish my first exam fast. I can be out by 10.00 am, then I have time 10-14 to get my License. It should be enough even though it is Friday and the day after holiday I hope.

Can anyone just confirm that I do not need written/computer test and driving test?

Edited by Happinesss

Thank you for your fast reply.

Please read the edit in my first post.

Will I have time to do it 10.00-14.00

I know I have to take color, periferal sight and reaction tests.

Do I have to take computerized test or driving test?

Do you have an international licence? the e-test takes about 10-20 minutes depending on your knowledge of thai road signs and crap questions. the driven test takes 10 minutes. BUT there is usually a long queue.

I would give much more time if i was you. it took me nearly 3 hours just to renew my car licence and take the bike test. And that was at a proviencial transport office not Bkk.

No test other than color, reaction etc. is required if he brings a translation of his swedish driving license. I did my 1-year license in more or less 1:30 and I entered the building 10AM.

The real question here is if the tests starts before 9AM, I recall reading somewhere they dont open the door to the test room until 9AM.

This being Thailand, I would postpone.

Edited by Forethat

Do you have an international licence? the e-test takes about 10-20 minutes depending on your knowledge of thai road signs and crap questions. the driven test takes 10 minutes. BUT there is usually a long queue.

I would give much more time if i was you. it took me nearly 3 hours just to renew my car licence and take the bike test. And that was at a proviencial transport office not Bkk.

If its anything like the one in Chonburi, the tests are also done in groups (you'll be in a group of mixed farangs), so it depends on when your group is called. I would say don't count on anything other than going and asking when you can be tested, what time you need to be there and how long you need to allow; the last thing you need is to hand in your paperwork, get half-way through the test, then have to leave and try to get your paperwork back for another day.