Armoured Vehicles, Army Live Bullets Will Be Used To Surround Red-Shirts From 6pm

webfact

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

morejunk

I'm just here to show. Photos tell more than a thousand words. I'm not here to discuss politics and I wistupdll not answer any comment.

A name says more than a thousand pictures!

Shame on you for like to manipulating stupit people, with pictures who don't show the real face of Taxins SS!!!!!!

But what can we expect from "www. rotes-Thailand.depp" - zensiert !?

Today Thai country People will face their destiny...

Poor country People, exploited during years and centuries by the Elite, but also exploited by ambitious politicians from both sides.

They have no choice they are there for begging a little improvement for tomorrow, more for the future generations than for themselves. Generously, they put their life at stake facing History and Eternity: I wish than tomorrow will not be a bitter day.

My deepest respect

You've read too many romantic books and not talked to enough real people. Get a grip, your illusions are confusions.

"exploited during years AND centuries" eh? :) can you add a bit more drama Jerry? tonight they will be waiting for minutes and hours for the army to clear them.

My guess at the tactics (providing, of course, any action at all is taken).

The forces will try to reclaim the extended red area, such as Ratchadamri, Ploen Chit and Rama I, coralling them into the area in front of the stage. This would make for a more manageable siege area. And then? Well, let's see if it gets that far.

But I have my doubts, as I think there is too much duplicity in the gov't ranks for there to be any success by the forces. I think the troops will be reluctant to fire upon the crowd unless the crowd starts shooting at them, which of course they won't because they are unarmed :)

but that mysterious entity from outer space with war weapons may visit the scene again.

What I really think will happen is that the PM will warn them again, and then they'll be in BIG BIG trouble!

Reminds me of my brother and his spoiled brats: "don't let me have to tell you again!" The kid smirks, knowing his parents aren't going to do anything.

Today Thai country People will face their destiny...

Poor country People, exploited during years and centuries by the Elite, but also exploited by ambitious politicians from both sides.

They have no choice they are there for begging a little improvement for tomorrow, more for the future generations than for themselves. Generously, they put their life at stake facing History and Eternity: I wish than tomorrow will not be a bitter day.

My deepest respect

like their daughters exploiting foreign men online and cheating you for your money everywhere you go. boo hoo

:facepalm:

hard feelings?

that sexy lady you met online and send your money to was probably just another bloke like you. :)

never was a victim. not a 28 year old man with a wife and baby. must've struck a familiar chord to you though :D

Sukhumivt going towards Ploenchit is backed up to Asoke and beyond, not moving.

Asok/Rachada is backed up from Sukhumvit and beyond all the way to the Rama IV flyover.

TH

How are the APCs going to get in position, are they bringing them in by helicopter?

Hope the army actually gets rid of them this time.

You have no right to say that. Thailand is not your home country. I would like to say more, but I would probably be suspended from Thaivisa.

Sure has every right. people have families and investments, business and property here. remember thailand is a mix of cultures and nationalities. I hope you are capable of absorbing that

Seconded.

One reason Thailand is

a ) so jingoistic

b ) so inequitous

is because this has alweays been a cultural cross roads.

To paraphrase the old saw about Teachers:

Those that can do, those that can't don't.

And not all the cultures meeting in Thailand seem to have the same capacity

or motivation to attain success. But jealousy about others doing better

in a kow tow society is endemic in all. The recent access by many more to media

has made this sense worse.

History will show that the RED SHIRTS are HERO'S!

Fighting for to keep their country ruled by Thai's NOT CHINESE!

reminds me of a saying - After monday and tuesday, even the calendar goes saying W T F

Yeah <deleted> is he on about? Chinese lol jesus christ where do they all come from?

Siege of Red-shirt Rally Set at 6 P.M.

BANGKOK: -- The Center for the Resolution of Emergency Situation has ordered security forces to use armored vehicles, rubber bullets and live rounds during this evening's operations to disperse the red-shirt demonstration in Ratchaprasong area.

Spokesman of the Center for the Resolution of Emergency Situation, or CRES, Colonel Sansern Kaewkamnerd disclosed this morning that by 6 p.m. today armed soldiers will surround the Ratchaprasong rally site of the red-shirt group.

Armored vehicles will be used to besiege the area from Ratchathevi Intersection to Petchaburi Road in the north and extend to Wireless Road and Rama IV Road in the south.

Traffic in nearby areas will be highly restricted or closed ahead of the complete suspension of public transport services and public utilities in Ratchaprasong area.

The CRES has stated that protesters who wish to leave will be permitted to do so before 6 p.m.

Those who choose to leave, however, will not be allowed to return and area residents must produce evidence to authorities before traveling into and from Ratchaprasong.

Colonel Sansern assured that security forces will adhere to international protocol if a confrontation takes place.

The spokesman noted that although authorities will be equipped with live rounds they will initially respond to any threats with rubber bullets.

The CRES spokesman elaborated that the live rounds will be used in only three situations - to scare off the protesters by being fired into to the air, in self defense and against armed antagonists.

No heavy arms, such as grenades, will be used. Sharp shooters and armored vehicles will assist troops during today's operations.

Mobile phone signals will be blocked in the area for six hours once the operations begin.

-- Tan Network 2010-05-13

---- ------------------

Creative reporting or have authorities changed the game plan of simply surrounding the mob OR are they finally using their heads and realize the reds will attack when they surround and use this as justification to move in.

Also have to wonder if we will be seeing any live news reports at all tonight since they are cutting off cell service. Not sure but seems most (if not all) news channels use cell signals for live broadcasts and not satellites as they do in the west.

Edit: But I do hope there are a number of military with cameras on their helmets as well as some night video from above ... especially when sharp shooters take out armed terrorists. Lets hope authorities have enough sense to do this to help stop the lies from the red mob leaders, who will be hiding, after the fact.

Edited by jcbangkok

hold on . . . this is certainly a class conflict between poor and the wealthy, not much between different races.

imagination sometime goes too far :-)

You mean you never realised all Thai's in upperclass are chinese or foreigner mixed roots right?

I can't blame reading all the propa that's around 24/7

Wrong, the reds are being paid by a Chinese guy named Shin to give him a new foothold in the country.

It's like the Thai practice of dumping trash in the sea and not thinking ahead that it will come back in with the tide.

it smells like blood...i wonder how many gonna die....this is not looking good...at least i am not in BKK...but here in phuket we foound our first handgrenade...did not explode though...

anyway make love not war

peace :)

Keep negotiating? With who? Negotiations were in progress and the reds walked away from the table, saying give us what we demand or else.

"Keep negotiating" is code word for pardon Thaksin and return all the loot that he stole. Unless that happens they have no intention of ever leaving.

Except for Thaksin? Nice touch though trying to turn this into a race war. :)

Samak also looked Chinese and without checking Wikipedia, Chavalit doesn't look Thai-Thai in my opinion.

:)

That ship sailed centuries ago....

Even if the reds are able to seize power after ... there will be nobody talking or remembering too much of this even in another year let alone a decade. Thais are great at forgetting and the world really doesn't give a crap who they deal with over here as long as there is somebody in charge.

My guess at the tactics (providing, of course, any action at all is taken).

The forces will try to reclaim the extended red area, such as Ratchadamri, Ploen Chit and Rama I, coralling them into the area in front of the stage. This would make for a more manageable siege area. And then? Well, let's see if it gets that far.

But I have my doubts, as I think there is too much duplicity in the gov't ranks for there to be any success by the forces. I think the troops will be reluctant to fire upon the crowd unless the crowd starts shooting at them, which of course they won't because they are unarmed :)

but that mysterious entity from outer space with war weapons may visit the scene again.

What I really think will happen is that the PM will warn them again, and then they'll be in BIG BIG trouble!

Reminds me of my brother and his spoiled brats: "don't let me have to tell you again!" The kid smirks, knowing his parents aren't going to do anything.

I don't think (And hope) the Army will not do anything more then block the major intersections and prevent anyone from going in. This will likely be provocative enough for the Sah Deang and company to attack. You are dreaming if you think the Red shirt security is not armed.

You can be sure if the redshirts start shooting, the Army, regardless of what color they are inside will shoot back.

TH

It's now after 6pm, how much military equipment has been lost to the reds already.

Might be after 6 somewhere but still 5:30 here in BKK ... unless I lost an hour somewhere.

Seems it is me who has gained an hour :) . So lets ask the question again in another 40 minutes or so.

Hope the army actually gets rid of them this time.

You have no right to say that. Thailand is not your home country. I would like to say more, but I would probably be suspended from Thaivisa.

Sure has every right. people have families and investments, business and property here. remember thailand is a mix of cultures and nationalities. I hope you are capable of absorbing that

Seconded.

One reason Thailand is

a ) so jingoistic

b ) so inequitous

is because this has alweays been a cultural cross roads.

To paraphrase the old saw about Teachers:

Those that can do, those that can't don't.

And not all the cultures meeting in Thailand seem to have the same capacity

or motivation to attain success. But jealousy about others doing better

in a kow tow society is endemic in all. The recent access by many more to media

has made this sense worse.

and there are those examples in history where even so much as people rose above their oppressors. It takes some clever approaches though, something the Reds dont have. also they are a duped bunch, so it may not even be applicable to call them oppressed. like you said, those who can, do.

Except for Thaksin? Nice touch though trying to turn this into a race war. :D

Then lets say it how it is, Lao people fighting Siamese and chinese for ruling the country?

:) you gota be kidding me

Taksin is northen and might have some chinese but defintly not siamese , he may claim he is like Isaan but he doesnt look like them, does not talk like them, does not LIVE like them and is not poor or working hard like them...

Did I hear someone cry 'wolf' ?

I wish they would to announce a Wolf's Deli opening in Bangkok! Corned beef and horseradish!

Just so long as it's not in Central World Plaza, soon to be re-named Little Udon.

:)

Huray, the xenophobes have woken up...let's not get into playing the silly race card,eh?

You don't know what you're talking about.