Red-Shirts Leader Seh Daeng Shot In The Head - Fighting For His Life In ICU - Video

webfact

Discraceful you support sneaking around and killing people - what a cowardly act!

Yup, discraceful is the correct word. Sadly he is not the only one.

Boof heads galore

Ah, but you can say this about Abhisit-

"Unless Sae Dangs men get to him first."

So who's the "boof head"?

You obviously have reading problems.

I have not once cheered political assasinations.

I am simply pointing out the Thai concept of "an eye for an eye" and its concequences.

If we do see a new wave of violence, we know what triggered it, and those posters on here who cheered it.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me get this straight ...Thaksin's extrajudicial killings of drug dealers were fiercely condemned by the Democrats. Now the army has shot a General in the head while he was giving an interview to an international media reporter.

I assume he was given a fair trial before he was shot?

EXACTLY some posters on here are a disgrace and how they have not been suspended for some of the comments I will never know - whatever your views shooting an unarmed guy in the head while he gives a TV interview is disgraceful and shows how this government is handling the crisis.

now who has already proved the army did this, just you two?

did I say Army? I said it's a disgrace shooting a guy giving a TV interview - and its disgraceful how the government is handling the crisis - it's disgusting

Any outrage for the parading of dead bodies, the pouring of blood, the grenade attacks on police and civilians, the random searches on public roads, storming of hospitals, inciting violence, and so on and so on. It's sad that the government has sunk to the level of the reds, but that might be the only thing they understand. Are you suggesting that terrorists should be given safe haven if they have a tv camera around them? If so get ready for media people to be taken hostage. Is an unarmed guy and the leader of a armed paramilitary unit really the same thing.

MCOT: Vajira Hospital director: Gen Khattiya's operation to remove bullet from head 'successful' but he's in critical condition with brain edema

Are there any medically qualified people posting on this forum? Possibly trauma staff or operating staff?

They are now stating that his condition has stabilised, but he has brain edema. My medical knowledge is basic, but surely Edema would imply that the bullet did NOT penetrate the skull (Edema being pressure build up and a penetrative shot would give that pressure somewhere to go)? In the images straight after he was shot you see him being dragged whilst they are picking him up and there is a clear trail of blood, but it does seem limited compared with images I have seen of direct head-shots. Does this confirm the reports that he was shot elsewhere, possibly in the nape? From the early indications it does look like, if he does survive this, he will definitely be quadriplegic and possibly brain damaged. Experienced trauma staff will be able to say a lot more than the media is.

If anybody knows somebody that can comment, could they ask? I will certainly help us all understand what we might be dealing with better than the journalists/government PR can.

I realise that a lot of people are happy to see him hurt. I can't pretend that it doesn't make me relieved to think that he is out of the picture. Bad karma does seem to come to get you eventually, doesn't it!!

Well Abhisit has been sent a letter from Human Rights informing him that he has committed a war crime by allowing civilians to be shot - possibly more than 20 last night. I have seen the letter and it is very legally written. Next change of government and he won't be safe anywhere in the world from prosecution.

which human rights what?

from where?

and just for clarity, lets see a reference link to it so we can all be the judge instead of just you

i remember when Thaksin organised the peace work killings of 2500 '' drug dealers''

the UN sent a human rights commissioner to see him in Bangkok

he would not see him and told officials to tell him to mind his own business and put him back on the plane

doesn't seem to have stopped him globetrotting does it?

realistically these organisations justify their own funding and their own jobs by firing off letters to everyone

has it made a difference in Darfur, Sierra Leone, Zimbabwe, Somalia ??

not a bit and it never will...........

Yes but csolgosz has SEEN the letter, AND it was legally well written :):D:D

Honestly these guys are either sniffing glue or else they are on a Chang drip.!!

:D PRICELESS

Several posts have been deleted and several mebers received a warning or suspension. Maybe a good time to remember people about our zero tolerence policy.

We will not allow the celebrition of the shooting of someone, nor will we allow the screaming of murder. The situation is overheated as it is, so lets cool down and not put extra oil to the flames.

Let me get this straight ...Thaksin's extrajudicial killings of drug dealers were fiercely condemned by the Democrats. Now the army has shot a General in the head while he was giving an interview to an international media reporter.

EXACTLY some posters on here are a disgrace and how they have not been suspended for some of the comments I will never know - whatever your views shooting an unarmed guy in the head while he gives a TV interview is disgraceful and shows how this government is handling the crisis.

The end justifies the means.

He was an enemy of thr state, he was a terrorist, he was a dangerous Gob Sh!te.

Shooting him has probably saved hundreds of lives in the long term.

Take off your red coloured spectacles, and stop being over dramatic.

He had lots of enemies I am sure there would have been hundreds if not thousands who would have pulled the trigger, it really was just a matter of time.

MCOT: Vajira Hospital director: Gen Khattiya's operation to remove bullet from head 'successful' but he's in critical condition with brain edema

Are there any medically qualified people posting on this forum? Possibly trauma staff or operating staff?

They are now stating that his condition has stabilised, but he has brain edema. My medical knowledge is basic, but surely Edema would imply that the bullet did NOT penetrate the skull (Edema being pressure build up and a penetrative shot would give that pressure somewhere to go)? In the images straight after he was shot you see him being dragged whilst they are picking him up and there is a clear trail of blood, but it does seem limited compared with images I have seen of direct head-shots. Does this confirm the reports that he was shot elsewhere, possibly in the nape? From the early indications it does look like, if he does survive this, he will definitely be quadriplegic and possibly brain damaged. Experienced trauma staff will be able to say a lot more than the media is.

If anybody knows somebody that can comment, could they ask? I will certainly help us all understand what we might be dealing with better than the journalists/government PR can.

I realise that a lot of people are happy to see him hurt. I can't pretend that it doesn't make me relieved to think that he is out of the picture. Bad karma does seem to come to get you eventually, doesn't it!!

There was also an entry and exit wound. How can the bullet be removed if it wasn't there?

Several posts have been deleted and several mebers received a warning or suspension. Maybe a good time to remember people about our zero tolerence policy.

We will not allow the celebrition of the shooting of someone, nor will we allow the screaming of murder. The situation is overheated as it is, so lets cool down and not put extra oil to the flames.

Thanks Mario :)

"and possibly brain damaged."

That's a bit like saying to the doctor before an operation "Will I be able to play the piano after the operation?"

There was plenty of evidence to suggest that he was possibly brain damaged before he was shot.

Any outrage for the parading of dead bodies, the pouring of blood, the grenade attacks on police and civilians, the random searches on public roads, storming of hospitals, inciting violence, and so on and so on. It's sad that the government has sunk to the level of the reds, but that might be the only thing they understand. Are you suggesting that terrorists should be given safe haven if they have a tv camera around them? If so get ready for media people to be taken hostage. Is an unarmed guy and the leader of a armed paramilitary unit really the same thing.

I have consistently posted against all violence by any side - but what has it come to when a guy gives a TV interview and is shot in the head on TV? and we watch on CNN? this is a demonstration of a 'clean' government? a sign of 'law'? yellows on here carp on about 'rule of law' - where is it NOW? it's a disgrace and anyone with a nounce of intelligence and compassion should condemn it outright.

The end justifies the means.

He was an enemy of thr state, he was a terrorist, he was a dangerous Gob Sh!te.

Shooting him has probably saved hundreds of lives in the long term.

Take off your red coloured spectacles, and stop being over dramatic.

There was once an American president who justified killing a hundred thousand plus people because it would save a lot of American soldiers lives. Not all people who have to take decisions like that end up in jail, fortunately

Disgusting some of the posts on here claiming how "good it is" for someone to be shot.

Som nam na........ the word good, is not good enough in this case.... How many people did this person boast about killing..!!!

Discraceful you support sneaking around and killing people - what a cowardly act!

Yup, discraceful is the correct word. Sadly he is not the only one.

Boof heads galore

goenglishcomthepotcalli.th.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us :)

Thank you! good call...

I guess he missed one.

now who has already proved the army did this, just you two?

did I say Army? I said it's a disgrace shooting a guy giving a TV interview - and its disgraceful how the government is handling the crisis - it's disgusting

i see you didn't say that, my apologies

its not the first time in history a very public figure has been shot in a very public place

i doubt it will be the last

as much as this shooting is being celebrated, i do not think its in the governments favor to have done it

he seems to have been unarmed which was against the declared policy to shoot only armed terrorists

it may have came from within the ranks, i guess we shall see when they get the bullet out.

as to the governments disgusting and disgraceful handling

it depends on your color scheme i guess

i am just happy to finally see the law upheld

the reds are there by choice and are being paid to do a job by Thaksin

if the job description has now changed from passive to aggressive without seeking their permission then they have the choice to leave

they will even get free transport and a new ID card

i for one will not miss them nor their sympathisers

i think Abhisit has been very patient

its time for the reds to go home

BTY do you not find it strange that they are there to fight for ''democracy'' and are told by the red leaders they have to vote Phua Thai

is that not a contradiction in terms?

Shooting this guy in full view of the international media was an incredibly stupid thing to do, and it won't solve anything. The reds are armed to the teeth, with a gun in almost every Thai house. Driving this conflict underground by shooting people has far reaching consequences that are too awful to contemplate.

The only way out of this mess is through dialogue, democratic process and unbiased justice.

Wlecome back, hope you enjoyed your holiday. Still using the avatar of a sadistic rapist and murderer I see. More to the point:

"The reds are armed to the teeth, with a gun in almost every Thai house."

Given up on the innocent unarmed protester line of BS have we? As for the only way out.............none of 3 seem to be redshit traits!

I guess he missed one.

Concur with that

Timekeeper,

I have consistently been against violence - and I acknowledge the reds have at times been misled and to other times just plain stupid.

I have also supported the ending of this - and have said that the reds should go home - they had it - now they are losing it through poor leadership.

I am against, in all forms, by ANY side - sneaking around with snipers and shooting people in the head 'because we do not agree with them'

Your comment about the 'law being upheld' is a contradiction - shooting people (the topic of this thread) is not upholding the law - it is attempted murder - plain and simple

Edited by ChiangMaiFun

Shooting this guy in full view of the international media was an incredibly stupid thing to do, and it won't solve anything. The reds are armed to the teeth, with a gun in almost every Thai house. Driving this conflict underground by shooting people has far reaching consequences that are too awful to contemplate.

The only way out of this mess is through dialogue, democratic process and unbiased justice.

Well said.

The Army shooting people has not solved the problems in the South, it has made things worse

If you remove the reds from Rajaprasong tomorrow and use brutal force, I think you can be sure that bombings and shootings will rock Bangkok every week for months and perhaps years to come.

Thai's work on the principle of "an eye for eye".

This all stated with the PAD in 2006 followed by the illegal coup, and it will get more "tit for tat" the longer it goes on.

Indeed, Thais most certainaly work on the principle of an eye for an eye.

Abhisit and Suthep will be most likely be assasinated (by the pros, not the amatuers) as a result of their own stupidity by ordering the killings.

it shows your own meagre level of intelligence if you think that Abhisit or Suthep will have signed or uttered any order, to anyone, that says anything like '' off you go out and kill Seh Daeng''

so who you think shot him with a high powered rifle then? Santa Claus? don't be naive

despite the fact that the reds still have high powered rifles taken from fallen army personnel on April 10th, (a fact confirmed by the captured red leader Meethee), know one knows if it was a high powered rifle that shot him

you are just making assumptions

now they have the bullet, we may find out

Well Abhisit has been sent a letter from Human Rights informing him that he has committed a war crime by allowing civilians to be shot - possibly more than 20 last night. I have seen the letter and it is very legally written. Next change of government and he won't be safe anywhere in the world from prosecution.

How have you seen the letter? Because you and your drinking buddy wrote it on the back of 'Bangkok Tit's and Bums' magazine in the pub at 6am this morning as you were quaffing your four pints you lined up at last orders? Don't you just love piss heads and their contribution to society...not! What did you actually say?

"Dear Pime Minishter, me and Fwanky boy here fink you are a nob coz that's what my sun sed when I called him in Borstal last nite. We fink yuse is comiting a war crime and all da uver Pime ministus will beat you <deleted>**ing hed up when u is not Prime miginister any more. We are sory about the lager staines on dis paper and also about the pictturz of tit's and <deleted>, and the bit of puke from Frankies pitzar. We is da pateyea human writes group so watch it, coz me and frank woz SAS, but I can't say anymore coz of official secrets u no.

sinseerlee csolgosz I doesnt no what csolgosz means but its what fwanky calz me when he is well piszed up witch iz al da time coz my reel name is ofishal seekret sas."

Well csolgosz see your letter is out! I have heard the PM has cancelled all engagements today and is very very worried.

Haven't seen anything on the English speaking news (Bangkok Post / The Nation), but my wife said she heard from a friend in BBK that Seh Daeng is dead. Can anyone confirm?

despite the fact that the reds still have high powered rifles taken from fallen army personnel on April 10th, (a fact confirmed by the captured red leader Meethee), know one knows if it was a high powered rifle that shot him

you are just making assumptions

now they have the bullet, we may find out

I have made no assumptions in any of my posts - but it is odds on favourite it's not the reds shooting in that direction one of their own leaders right?

I have consistently posted against all violence by any side - but what has it come to when a guy gives a TV interview and is shot in the head on TV? and we watch on CNN? this is a demonstration of a 'clean' government? a sign of 'law'? yellows on here carp on about 'rule of law' - where is it NOW? it's a disgrace and anyone with a nounce of intelligence and compassion should condemn it outright.

When you are dealing with terrorists you have to act when the opportunity presents itself. If it was the army they had a clean shot and took it, no one else was injured. At least with reporters present you have independent witnesses and there can not be any claims that Seh Daeng is sick and travelling in England. The truth is there for all to see. Since Seh Daeng had no compassion for his victims I can't buy your argument that his life is far more sacred than theirs. There are policemen, innocent bystanders, soldiers, journalists, and protesters who may very well still be alive if Seh Daeng had never advocated violence for the red shirts. None of those people received a fair trial, they only got a bullet or a grenade. Seh Daeng played a role in their deaths so why does he deserve justice when they received none?

"Abhisit and Suthep will be most likely be assasinated (by the pros, not the amatuers) as a result of their own stupidity by ordering the killings."

Taken from a post above.

Abhisit ordering the killings? He correctly stepped out of the situation along with his roadmap and offers to the Reds and handed the situation over to CRES a few days ago. He was not in a position to have a call on any killing.

There are two scraps being fought, one by Thaksin for the political control of the country, the cops he would get quickly back under his control if he got back in the country, and another for the one control Thaksin never had that would have allowed him absolute control - the Army. Problem would have been the same for Thaksin eventually as these Red leaders are starting to find out, that Sae Duang was uncontrollable. Even the Reds leadership have been looking over their shoulder at him with fear for the last few days.

Who shot him will probably never be known but when people say Thai don't hurt Thai ... utter <deleted>. (They die in their tens of thousands from inadequate safety standards, non compliance to those standards and non inforcement, booze, yabaa etc. etc. that for a so called even partially civilised country is bloody disgraceful. But that is another rant.) Any number of anybodies could have shot him as he has p!ssed a lot of people off and hey this is Thailand and assassins are readily available. I hope not. He was bred by the Army and this was rightfully an Army mess to be tidied up, and again while it may never be proved, hopefully that was who was responsible.

And the Nation and / or ThaiVisa should be given a bloodly good bollocking for the Warrior reference. Warrior? Try Murderer?

russellhantz

what does one have to do to get you to answer a question?

shall i issue an immunity challenge?

I had stuff to do the last few weeks so wasnt posting.

really? i thought you had been laid off when there was little being said or done by the reds to defend

how did that beating rap in Louisiana go?

There is a knee jerk assumption here that the 'government' are responsible, well there are many other suspects seeing as Seh Daeng seemed to have a special gift for making enemies. Perhaps there was a power struggle amongst the reds, perhaps the army commanders were settling an internal matter in their own way, but all of this is conjecture, show the proof who did it, as Seh Daeng himself may have asked for dozens of acts of violence attributed to him.

As for sending a bad message to the outside world, well it's all a little academic now with red shirts turning central Bangkok into the set of Mad Max.