Uk Visa Appointment Today - Cancelled Due To Politics. Help!

Hi All

I've waited patiently for my scheduled appointment for a visa to the UK but didnt like that I had to wait so long for the appointment as it ends up being only 7 working days before I leave. I'm going back for a funeral so it's quiet stressful alreade having to wait so long for the appointment but ...

NOW, ARGH!

My visa appointment was today, I had all documents and everything ready, took the day off work etc and....

Visa place shut, Embassy shut...due to Red Shirts crack down

Tried to call the lines but no-one answers and just saw that the UK Embassy will also be closed tomorrow!

No-one has contacted me to reschedule the appointment or let me know if the visa agency will move to another location or what. Am not sure what to do - if I cant speak to someone tomorrow it will then be the weekend and I'll have 5 days total left before I'm meant to fly. Am not sure if the British Embassy will accept calls or if they will be bombarded with worried families etc calling in re the troubles.

So stressed - anyone else in the same situation or have any advice/contacts/ phone numbers???

You are correct that both The British Embassy and the application are, understandably, closed today, the 14th, I'm afraid this is yet more fallout from the red shirts actions.

The application centre hasn't been honouring appointments for some time and the visa section has been running with reduced staff, though I'm not really sure why unless they don't staff to risk going to work.

You have already experienced a problem getting through on the phone and whilst staff will be there I suspect staff are there, they are just overwhelmed at the moment. Of course the counselor and visa sections are completely separate and families calling for information regarding the current situation shouldn't impact on the visa section. You can keep trying to get through but I honestly think it's very unlikely you will be able to get a visa in time.

Not really a very helpful reply, I'm just trying to structure your expectations.

If I recall correctly, the visa section was closed for a while after the tsunami as the visa staff were drafted in to help the consular staff with the extra workload.

Maybe a similar position during this crisis?