Clashes Continue, Turning Central Bangkok In Virtual Warzone

webfact

This video is horrible:

500 terrorists infiltrating reds said the CRES.

Now with 10 people death and over 100 injured in the hospitals and who knows how many have been arrested the number of terrorists must be significant down, right? Because the army is shooting only at terrorist and shot at them only when there is no other way to stop them.

And one journalist got unlucky.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry if this link has been posted before - but imho it deserves to be seen again and again. In fact, they should show this clip every hour on every TV station in Thailand. You want civil war? This is what it looks like - retribution and counter-retribution - where murderers rule and all good things go out of the window. Dangerous, dangerous, precedents being set here.

JUst watched this clip :) That they attack the army truck is, perhaps, one thing. That they drag the poor wai-ing driver frm the cab is another. But, and I assume the clear shot was the cause of the soldier's condition and need for an ambulance, is just sickening and truly sadens me. Many of these soldiers are youngsters doing their national service after lucking out on the lotto or other boys from the villages looking for a better life. They are the very people the demonstrators claim to be trying to free.

The government has to start protecting these guys. Send trucks in armed convoys. If a truck is separated and stopped by protestorts then stick a gunship in the air. If they are stupid enough to continue to attack, then sorry but then that is their rather poor choice. When they continually get away with it and murder the so called water melon army boys in cold blood, then the country has not merely the right, but the obligation, to defend them - even against their own murderous citizens. It simply can not be allowed to happen - and must be stopped.

Shame on you who condone such behaviour regardless of the cause. Shame on you that call for such violence or allow it to happen. Shame on you!

39 pages and almost 1000 post! What a bunch of..... well some of it is entertaining but seriously, I understand those who are bored and want to post their opinion weather their actually in Thailand or outside but enough of the pissing and moaning. On second thought go for it. Tell us all how much you hate everything. Tell us how much you would like to kill. Tell us how everybody, every outside country, all the internal politics, the men with money, the poor and uneducated, the reds, yellows, elite, poor foreign businessman, tourist, street vendor, farmer, TV poster, ladyboy, falong, Thai national, Yank, European, Muslim, Christian, Thai Chinese, Chinese Thai, Payatta sex addict, Chang, Monk, Bush, Halliburton, Grateful Dead, computer geek, Big C employee, Chief SomTom maker, Tuk Tuk driver, Full Moon partier, street sweeper, latest teen singing sensation, three-leg dog, 7-11 shelf stocker, roadside BIB, sleepie bus driver, Ban boring rooster gives a rats arse about your or my opinion. I know this is full of grammar/spelling errors probably some sensitive issues that will piss off the politically correct crowd. But hey, if your reading the 900 plus post and have a problem feel free to go outside and puke, have a baby, cow whatever just don't tell me you actually care about my opinion that would be so troubling I would probably loose sleep. :)

Here is another element to the story as reported in this Daily Telegraph article.. I have no idea how much truth there is in the claim that elements of the police force are siding with the protestors, but if true it is a highly significant development.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...rt-protest.html

well it is quite easy to see that the reporter is an idiot. i.e. the red offered to negotiate but the govt did not reply, the hard line govt vowed to seal of protest area.....2 quotes that speak volumes about the writer.

Just seen the BBC news and they showed and talked to a brit expat

who is inside the camp with the red shirts,says he supports them.

So what do you lot think will happen to him if he is

caught by the army or police.

by saying his an expat i presume he has property in LOS and possibly works here.

Ps does anyone know him .

colino

Here is another element to the story as reported in this Daily Telegraph article.. I have no idea how much truth there is in the claim that elements of the police force are siding with the protestors, but if true it is a highly significant development.

It is. Hopefully not an overall trend.

One thing I don't get is why it always has to end up with the army firing live rounds and people dying.

Surely there are more clever ways to suppress protesters even as delinquent as the hardcore reds?

I've seen crowd control in action in other countries that was non-lethal. But it requires a lot of discipline

from the officers. And a lot of monitoring from air and ground.

Here's I'm mostly seeing army or police units lumped together as if they'd been watching "300" too many times.

Checkpoint are manned by guards that look bored or slouch on plastic chairs. They don't impress any sort

of commanding presence. I remember at the start of the protest, when officers were standing with riot shields

in small groups of 3-5 near Kao San. Again, totally pointless display of "force". As if they'd been randomly "dotted"

throughout the area.

We were told that something like 50000 troops were on standby to deal with the protest. Where are all these

troops? Are they keeping them spare? The Lumpini footage today seems to show a thin line of about 100 troops

walking down the road. Why such small numbers? And they seemed to have no immediate backup whatsoever behind them.

The way things are going, even if the current operation is successful in clearing the red shirt, it really feels like

it will only help establish an underground movement that'll bring torment for months if not years to come.

I keep trying to remember the relief I felt a week ago, when I sincerely thought the stand off would be resolved.

I remember feeling impressed that all involved seemed to have come to their senses. I'd been grumbling for weeks

about the failure of state institutions.

Now we're in worst case scenario land.

The only way to stop this whole thing is with the army. The police are still under Thaksin's spell imho. If the army quits pouting about the bomb sniffer/balloon fiasco maybe something will get done. My guess is Ab will have to suck up to them. However, there lack of fortitude may actually have worked to his benefit as the Reds seem to be self destructing and there only hope may be a complete revolution (hope this is not the case but unless they are stopped this may be their ultimate goal).

by saying his an expat i presume he has property in LOS and possibly works here.

colino

When he is identified and arrested (not if), if he is lucky he will be frogmarched off to an official exit point and tossed out.

If he is unlucky, well...

Same for the other farangs who've decided to have a bit of fun pissing off the man by appearing at the protests.

I hope it doesn't result in a backlash against farangs in general.

What a travesty, army 900 generals, timid young conscrpts sent to the front line

Police? we all know what the BiB do - collect money - nothing in it for them here.

bangkok controlled by crazy thugs

and I thought Songkran was bad in Pattaya - 2 weeks of mayhem

Can anyone take anything seriously again here?

BTW global menarse your words may be more prophetic than you realise - flangs always gat blamed

Edited by robint

Now the ferals are approaching the OZ embassy. Theyd better leave that alone. Too much of my tax has funded that Taj Mahal.

:) Taj Majal has some architectural qualities, I always found our Embassy akin to a large, public toilet block.

What a travesty, army 900 generals, timid young conscrpts sent to the front line

Police? we all know what the BiB do - collect money - nothing in it for them here.

bangkok controlled by crazy thugs

and I thought Songkran was bad in Pattaya - 2 weeks of mayhem

Can anyone take anything seriously again here?

BTW global menarse your words may be more prophetic than you realise - flangs always gat blamed

when I saw that guy the first thing i said to my (Thai) wife was, 'what a k@£b'. She said' up to him. He must really love Thailand, not like u'. I wonder what percentage of Thai people share my wife's feelings?

I remember when Thaksin offered Abhisit a "power-sharing" deal back in late 2009. Abhisit declined. Today I wish he would have taken it.

Be careful, someone might spot you as a sock puppet

One thing I don't get is why it always has to end up with the army firing live rounds and people dying.

Surely there are more clever ways to suppress protesters even as delinquent as the hardcore reds?

I've seen crowd control in action in other countries that was non-lethal. But it requires a lot of discipline

Here's I'm mostly seeing army or police units lumped together as if they'd been watching "300" too many times.

Checkpoint are manned by guards that look bored or slouch on plastic chairs. They don't impress any sort

of commanding presence. I remember at the start of the protest, when officers were standing with riot shields

in small groups of 3-5 near Kao San. Again, totally pointless display of "force". As if they'd been randomly "dotted"

throughout the area.

We were told that something like 50000 troops were on standby to deal with the protest. Where are all these

troops? Are they keeping them spare? The Lumpini footage today seems to show a thin line of about 100 troops

walking down the road. Why such small numbers? And they seemed to have no immediate backup whatsoever behind them.

The way things are going, even if the current operation is successful in clearing the red shirt, it really feels like

it will only help establish an underground movement that'll bring torment for months if not years to come.

I keep trying to remember the relief I felt a week ago, when I sincerely thought the stand off would be resolved.

I remember feeling impressed that all involved seemed to have come to their senses. I'd been grumbling for weeks

This is as bad as it gets. Corrupt politicians using the power of the country's, Army which is supposed to protect the citizens from outside elements (eg. Burma or Cambodia), to kill the very Thai citizens they are supposed to protect. The police should be used for internal problems.

This is a situation that cries for a trip to the Hague War Crimes tribunal for a war against Thai citizens waged by the Army under the orders of the politicians. I suspect we'll see this 6-7 years.

anyone got an update about the overall situation?

Everybody sleeping, including protesters, police and army. Don't expect anything serious to happen until after 11pm tomorrow night, which is when the soap operas end. Civil war is on hold until then. Thanks for watching!

This is as bad as it gets. Corrupt politicians using the power of the country's, Army which is supposed to protect the citizens from outside elements (eg. Burma or Cambodia), to kill the very Thai citizens they are supposed to protect. The police should be used for internal problems.

This is a situation that cries for a trip to the Hague War Crimes tribunal for a war against Thai citizens waged by the Army under the orders of the politicians. I suspect we'll see this 6-7 years.

Using the army to crack down on a group of violent terrorists committing acts of aggression against the Thai people hardly qualifies as a war crime. It doesn't even qualify as a crime.

Your over dramatic propaganda would actually be humorous if I didn't think you actually believed it.

And the red leaders can be tried and sentenced right here in Thailand. The Hague won't get involved over a small group of domestic terrorists.

I am in USA watching the thai satellite. My friend watching with me says it is not shown in Thailand. Red shirts talking.

BREAKING NEWS: From what they understand PM ABHIST HAS BEEN SHOT AND KILLED AND THE PERSON WHO DID IT KILLED HIMSELF AS WELL!

According to this broadcast no one knows yet and IT IS NOT CONFIRMED AND IS ONLY RUMOR!

I HAVE NO IDEA.

Anyone else hear about this. Tried to start a post about it but can not figure out how to do it, Sorry if off subject.

throughout the area.

This has become very high global profile but you're fanticizing. Maybe a French Hague prosecutor, should there be one, would prosecute an Oxford guy who's a product of the UK educative system and who's expressed great restraint the past year and more (Pattaya, Songkran, the present), but it's unlikely either the old boys club or any rational system of justice national or supranational would take Abhisit to task for his unprecendented negotiating live on national tv, his announcement to call an early election, his willingness to negotiate, his restrained use of force, his actions against terrorists Red hard core armed insurgents, his continuing defence of Thailand against the madman Thaksin, and his adept handling of Hun Sen who's crawled back into his hole and drawn silent - and so much more of his behaviours and policies that are rational and sane. There's no question Abhisit has the support of Asean, the Western and Asian democracies in his handling of the situation...perhaps only the Yellows have griped and complained. It's not an actionable situation or circumstance in an international court of law or justice.

Neither is it a news bulletin except to some foreign media in discovery mode that the Thai police are loyal to Thaksin. We know the police are neutralized by the army and by the public who would not accept police violence against the government or the state or the police openly siding with and fighting alongside the Reds. Thais well know the police are grossly corrupt (and incompetent), as do certain other international media since years ago, such as the New York Times, which in the mid-1990's tabbed the Thai police as the "largest criminal organization in Thailand." The Thai police would not withstand either national or international scrutiny so must continue to remain low profile. The Thai police are in check anyway, whether at the top by the government because of Abhisit's adept appointment of the acting chief or by crack army troops behind them with bayonets up their <deleted> to keep the BiB out front ahead of the line of advancing army troops. :)

I am in USA watching the thai satellite. My friend watching with me says it is not shown in Thailand. Red shirts talking.

BREAKING NEWS: From what they understand PM ABHIST HAS BEEN SHOT AND KILLED AND THE PERSON WHO DID IT KILLED HIMSELF AS WELL!

According to this broadcast no one knows yet and IT IS NOT CONFIRMED AND IS ONLY RUMOR!

I HAVE NO IDEA.

Anyone else hear about this. Tried to start a post about it but can not figure out how to do it, Sorry if off subject.

Just woke up... haven't a clue. :)

I HAVE NO IDEA.

I heard it too but kept quiet because else I'll be the one that gets flamed if it's not true. Let's wait for dawn and see what the government statements say.

colino

The borg must have got him

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated, and all your code will serve the collective

I HAVE NO IDEA.

Just woke up... haven't a clue. :)

Maybe it was Thaksin.

I remember when Thaksin offered Abhisit a "power-sharing" deal back in late 2009. Abhisit declined. Today I wish he would have taken it.

Thaksin does not believe in shared power

He believes in being the supreme commander and

everyone else must serve him

:)

I HAVE NO IDEA.

Just woke up... haven't a clue. :D

Maybe it was Thaksin.